It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birthmarks = How you died in your past life?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sallamy

We have that in my culture as well. There's no belief in reincarnation, so birthmarks are said to be due to experiences in the womb.
If a pregnant woman is frightened by something, the child is said to be "marked by" whatever frightened the woman. Supposedly, the child's entire outward appearance is affected.
As children, we insulted one another by claiming the other had been "marked by" a pig.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by 23refugee]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I find body marks fascinating at best, it took me a while to grow accustom to my own.

I do not think the OP needs to reference links for a post like this one. We obviously find this to be cross-cultural and our own thoughts are ample validation if we just open to them.

I think of current injuries or illnesses as a means for our body and Spirit to speak to us. If I hurt my foot I may be taking the wrong step, perhaps a new approach is needed. If my ears ring I may not be listening.

With that said, what would other body marks represent; I am sure the majority of us have moles. Is it odd that beautiful people are often associated with a mole on the cheek or the lip?

I myself was a Moley person growing up. They are across my chest and on my forearms; my entire family is a Moley kind-of family.

I did not particularly care for them and they were of no consequence other than the fact moles are subject to higher incidences of cancer. I have read this, I am sure most of have heard this.

Instead of mole removal as most folks do, I chose to express mine in Spirit. I tattoo'ed my moles. I took the biggest ones and placed a star on them. I call it my "Seven Sisters", six across the chest and one on my forearm.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b496265d5a88.jpg[/atsimg]

I have been told that at first glance that some have thought "Gun shot wounds", I wonder if this was an expression of my previous death?

Naw! LOL I already know I died an alcoholic in my previous life.

I like my body marks now, but I do remember a day when I didn't. I also have a birthmark on the left inguinal; which of course is where I had an inguinal hernia repair later in life.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Same thing here.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I never knew i had a birthmark till i joined the Marines and had my head shaved. On the back of my head where it meets my neck i have one about the size of my palm. It looks like mickey mouse with half an ear blown off.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
wow, I have always been curious about the mark in my right eye.

I have blue eyes but in one quarter of the right eye, I have a brown triangle (like a pyramid). It is really noticible.

Egad, the churchies and some kids at primary school used to say I had the mark of the devil! pfft! I wonder though, what it could mean? Maybe I died in a past life from getting shot in the eye?

A naturapath said it was a sign that I had evolved from a monkey! LOL

and the optometrist said it was a sun spot. so duck knows really...

maybe it is just what it is ??

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I only see two noticeable birthmarks on me but they don't tell me a whole lot about my past life because I don't remember my past life/lives, if any. Then again, I'm not sure about age/liver spots and other pigmentation received over the years, in part to sun exposure and such.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MotherofBlessings

Don't worry - it is very common for babies to have the stork marks, made when the babies were put into this world by storks.

Seriously, the mark where your babies have it is very common and is probably due to blood pressure at birth. These marks fade.

I have a light brown birthmark behind my right hip - on my flank, I suppose you would say.

Maybe an arrow or a bullet?

My mother always told me that it was God's fingerprint when He said "Yes, you're ready."

Quite a nice fiction, I have always thought.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

amazing. I was just thinking about exactly this idea about a week ago. I did a past life regression where I was a samurai and died by a sword. I have a birthmark exactly the place on my chest.

I believe this.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I have a birthmark on my left upper arm.

I also have a very faint, thin, jagged ring my neck that really likes to show itself during the summer months.

Seeing as how I believe in multiple past lives, I believe that in one life I was accused of being a witch and hung at the neck. In another life, I either got shot by something in my arm, or I died of a drug overdose.

Past lives are so fascinating

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I don't know about that my birthmark is on my arm so does that mean I died by having my arm cut off in a duel with another Viking in my past life??? On second thought don't answer that cause that would be kind of cool, I dub myself Sir. Golithion the bearded beast of the cold white North! What too long well come up with a better Viking name and we will cause a few more birth marks in our next life.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Lol, i have a birthmark on my scrotum and so i dread to think how my past life could have ended... In fact it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I've heard this theory before.

If true, then I was wither shot or stabbed in the throat! Eek!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
i have two birthmarks that i always thought were very strange when i first found them as a child. on my right middle finger, on the tip, i have a little slit of a birth mark. it's extremely faint and faded now and i'm the only person that can see where it was (and still barely is). then on my left middle toe, on the tip as well, the exact same slit mark. i mean they are (were) identical.

any crazy theories?

i also have moles. and a "beauty mole on my cheek by my upper lip

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I have a birthmark on my top lip and this is my only life.
When I was teased about it as a child I used to say it was a snot stain.
lol:

Nowadays I have facial hair:
Past lives is not something that concerns me as I consider what i do in this (my only) life is what is important.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I have a big birthmark on my back, was I stabbed in the back ?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I have a birthmark on my upper lip ala cindy crawford , but on the right side [whatever side she has it on idk] so what does that say about me?

P.S I also have like a thousand beauty marks, I am by no means ugly, but I figure with this many beauty marks I should look like a greek god lol!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I wonder how would a fire victim look like after re-birth if this theory was true? All body covered with birthmarks?

Would this theory also apply to animals? I have not heard any religion believing in interspecies reincarnation,although Hinduism, for example, insist that based on the moral quality of this life it is determined, whom will you be born as in your next live -whether you will be human again, animal or some spiritual being.

edit on 29-3-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Seriously, birthmarks are just what they are: birthmarks,and nothing more.

no secret meaning, no signs of your past life, seriously.

its just a group of melanin, nothing more.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SUICIDEHK45

just sounding off;
My Dad has a birthmark that is at the base of his neck and trickles all down his back

i have a birth mark on my forehead, about bullet sized.

who knows, perhaps my dad and myself suffered some horrific death in our respective past lives.

Note:
this is your information R2JEW2, the facts are presented to you; you can take them as presented. get others to sound off, although this was last posted july 3, 2010 i see. not too many takers out there on this topic, huh?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SUICIDEHK45

When I was 10 years old, a birthmark on my back started swelling up and acting weird, oozing and that.

I got a local anesthetic and the doc cut it off. It was about the size of a Kennedy half dollar.

So based on your post, I guess in a past life, I was shot or stabbed in the back and bled out. Yucky. Fiction though. No such thing really happened.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join