It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Very Scary Light Show: Exploding H-Bombs In Space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

A Very Scary Light Show: Exploding H-Bombs In Space

www.npr.org

The plan was to send rockets hundreds of miles up, higher than the Earth's atmosphere, and then detonate nuclear weapons to see: a) If a bomb's radiation would make it harder to see what was up there (like incoming Russian missiles!); b) If an explosion would do any damage to objects nearby; c) If the Van Allen belts would move a blast down the bands to an earthly target (Moscow! for example); and — most peculiar — d) if a man-made explosion might "alter" the natural shape of the belts.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I know that a lot of people at ATS don't share my view of the news as being 90% social engineering (fake or real news or something in between), but this article really stands out in particular to look at.

Combine this with Nibiru (the fake Earth killing comet/ planet) that has been said to be coming. The govt has already said that they would use nukes to nudge a planet killer asteroid out of Earth trajectory. This suddenly released news of nukes being tested in outer space seems to be conditioning the public for such a scenario.

My only question would be, does this scenario release enough EMP to send countries (and citizens for that matter) that haven't been protecting their electrical infrastructure (check out the US doing so under the cover story of "solar storms in 2012") back to the stone age? If so, it's The Day That Earth Stood Still all over again for real (with fake aliens to boot).

www.npr.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

This suddenly released news of nukes being tested in outer space seems to be conditioning the public for such a scenario.

This was only 'suddenly released news' when it happened, about 48 years ago. I think there's a 72 hour limit on 'Breaking News'.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I think that website, or the website author, is a frequent visitor(maybe member)of ATS.

This same story was JUST put up on our boards, what a DAY ago?

TOOOO FUNNY.

Edit- Heres the Thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

SECOND EDIT- This article came first according to the publishing dates.

Either Canadian Dream saw that Article and found the YouTube video and decided to post it here, OR itsjust some freak coincidence they both decided to remind us of this event around the same time when most ofus never even heard of this story before. WEIRD.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Eh, common good, why don't you give me an opinion about what I wrote, huh?

So what if I wasn't the first. All apologies. I don't stake my "ego" on such things.

Life's too short to waste it trolling on a board. Get out and live a little.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Well if it happened 48 yrs ago but was kept top secret until it was released just recently, then unless you have some kind of government security clearance then this would still be considered to be "just released" and "breaking news"... heres your sign. What the hell does that mean anyway? I feel like I missed the 1st half of the joke...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jcrash

Im sorry if you took that in a negative way. I wasnt trying to "troll".
And yes. Life is short.

But what you fail to realize is, I wasnt talking about YOU or THIS THREAD.

I was talking about The OTHER THREAD..and the Author of the OTHER WEBSITE.

But since you are being so emotional over this, I will give you my imput.

and here it is... WoW.
. The Colors....

Edit-Im not a scientist of any sort. So I couldnt give you the answer you seek. Sorry. But life is short, you shouldnt worry about these things =)

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Gentleman..Gentleman...

This isn't a matter of a doomsday senario as I look at it as more of a fact finding mission-

To the OP- In our early atomic age, did you know that just us Americans concluded over 400 atomic explosions in the name of Science? This was done pre-1962.

www.radiochemistry.org...

It's human nature to stick your hand in fire to see if it's hot.

I can't remember which test it was that was done by the Navy in the Pacific but it was a high altitude detonation being done for the first time. Again, 'just to see what it will do'. Whereas the local fisherman saw it and discribed it as '..the sky was on fire!..' What had happen was that the massive explosion DID in fact react with the Belts.

Can you imagine being just a simple fisherman out in your little dugout trying to catch a few fish for your family and neighbors and all of a sudden you hear this terrible thunder, look up and see the sky just rolling flashes of light across it in the middle of the day?

...or..

The Captain of the ship who just gave the launch order upon seeing this. I bet he just said.."Damn! I bet I won't do that again!'

Ahh.. the curiosity of men!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Going Hypothetical Situation Here:

Hey everyone, what if this is exactly what was going to happen?

Telling someone to get outside and 'live a little' is somewhat condescending, and ill stated because it is those same people that are living in a bubble. Hey everyone!! WAKE UP! Hop out of the pot already, wipe the slime of destruction off, people are trying to help us see the world we truly live in. The Niburians are killing our planet, it really is not about the money, it is about keeping you in bliss, happy in the matrix, The Man is turning you all into agent smiths!! Stop pointing at the nail that stands out, your 'village idiot' should be The Chief!!!

We gotta love each other to get this thing right!!!!

Edit: Needed more inspirational phrases.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by leira7]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I start to think that detonating H-bombs in space would knock out satellite communications.

top topics

join