It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS = Fear

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAELENIUM

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

OK,.. this so exactly the kind of stuff most of us on this thread are talking about,.. Where is the proof for "Nibiru"?
Where? not a single astronomer out there has seen this and there are PLENTY of them around the world. Somebody would see this. PROVE IT!!!

PROOF ? You want proof ? Well just about every one in the astronomy and space traveller community might not call it NIBIRU like as you do. They are traditionally calling it WORMWOOD or ERIS but it is the same object as what you call NIBIRU. It is a real object. Astronomers will certify its authenticity. If you will not take their word as gospel then that is your problem, not mine.

[edit on 3/7/2010 by CAELENIUM]
Alrighty then . Look CAEL,.. You have just told me nothing.Not a single shred of evidence to prove this is a fact. You can argue with me all day on what you believe but until you can show me something solid,... it is just a theory.. .. .

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan
reply to post by RamsOnTop

Living in fear is silly. Gathering information is wise. Taking it with a grain of salt when there is no proof is also wise.

I couldn't have said it better than myself. I see all these fear mongering threads and just laugh. Why I laugh because if it ain't happening to me then I don't believe it. i believe in conspiracies like the moon landing and JFK assination, but in alternative news they better have a legit source and not some blogger trying to cause fear. I swear they should ban blogs.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I've been on ATS for a little over a year, and now I can't live without it. It is the best entertainment value bar none. Just when I think I've heard it all, a post comes along and sets me
The cool thing is; by the end of a thread it has been thoroughly vetted and the truth is made known. There are a lot of sharp minded people here mixed in with a few space cadets.

Some of us here in the United States understand that we have given our country away to the sec-progs and now it's time to sit back and enjoy, "interesting times."

So, no reason to fear, it's too late for that. Hop aboard the USS US as we disappear beneath the waves and join us in a refrain of "Nearer My God to Thee."

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Perhaps, the OP’s frustration is “self-inflicted”.. Some come to ATS as an alternative to MSM and have fond hopes of finding absolute truth, only to find disappointment as has the OP.

ATS should be looked upon as a venue for everyone to express views no matter how diverse or even at times far-fetched, on a wide range of matters. The casual observer could think because of the enthusiasm of some posters that they have "inside info" on this or that.

The only proper way to deal with info presented here is to view the info is just raw data. It is then the duty of the ATS member to:

1. Scan the data.
2. Reject that which is not acceptable.
3. Save for further evaluation that which is possibly useful.
4. Mark those few gems that may say to you "Hum, interesting...".

If you come on this web site and read each posting as if it is "gospel" you will fall into the frustration the OP claims to be now suffering.

Some people not only cannot handle the truth, some can't even handle the raw data. They want everyone else to do their evaluation for them.

link   
Well, the truth is scary. What can ya say?

Sure there are tons of folks who like to spread dread, doomsday predictions and other fear mongering... But if you have .2 in IQ, you'd realize that it's just B/S and move on.

link   
Great thread; props to the OP.

I think that Ted Sturgeon's law applies to most things on ATS: “Ninety percent of everything is crud”

I'd go a little further and make that 99% - but I frequent ATS trying to find that 1% for which there might just be something to it.

ATS is a great place to exercise your imagination and analytical faculties at the same time, but while I enjoy thinking "out of the box" there's not too much on here to lose sleep over while you're looking for that 1% that really might matter.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by boomerdude
I've been on ATS for a little over a year, and now I can't live without it. It is the best entertainment value bar none. Just when I think I've heard it all, a post comes along and sets me
The cool thing is; by the end of a thread it has been thoroughly vetted and the truth is made known. There are a lot of sharp minded people here mixed in with a few space cadets.

Some of us here in the United States understand that we have given our country away to the sec-progs and now it's time to sit back and enjoy, "interesting times."

So, no reason to fear, it's too late for that. Hop aboard the USS US as we disappear beneath the waves and join us in a refrain of "Nearer My God to Thee."

Amen brother!
Pass the hymnal.
Let's all sing together, now...
"Nearer my God to thee, nearer to thee!"

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Nibiru can't be seen because I believe it is a brown dwarf and you would need IR camera or a telescope. NASA just built its WISE telescope. You have to ask why build an IR telescope? What do they want to find? If they are truly not looking for "Nibiru" then why build it?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Pooohhhhhh, man!

I gotta say, I live on the Gulf of Mexico............ain't dead yet, and don't plan on being any time soon.

While it's horrible, the gulf disaster, I live here, and see it every day, as I go to the beach and watch what is going on.

What is with the fear mongering that we all need to be evacuated, or need fema coffins?

I am so sick and tired of that crap, on here, it's almost pissing me off worse that the oil blowout!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Fear ... I should quote Yoda on this one

Fear come from within base on what you know, experience and trust. Finding what to trust on ATS cant be azardious, taken you just read ATS and you dont dig/compare information some where else.

Thread sould be cleaned with meningfull stuff related to the thread, which there not. But cleaning would mean becoming like Fox News and all the reste of the filtered content that renders you secure.

Myself I rather have it raw, then being nurtured by a filter. I'm scarred too something with a lot of topic. But it will never justify some deviant action on other.

Cheers !

[edit on 3-7-2010 by truthy-bird]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Beauty_HairyBeast

Fear = Strength ???
did i read correctly ....
its impossible to agree with you on that
fear is a big weakness
people on ATS dont have that weakness
its like ...put yourself in a small cage and a guardian
that torture you for any reasons... 24/7
cant go out of the cage because the guardian can hurt me more....
fear will take away from you the freedom you seek
fear will remove in your mind any chance of ever escaping
fear will LET YOU ROTT IN THAT CAGE until you are freed from someone without fear ...
fear will DOOM yourself until you die
DELETE FEAR and you will be able to fight and try to escape
it will give you hope
once fear is remove you will be able to do things with a certain control
with fear you cant control yourself in a panic mode

fear is the most horrible damaging weakness in human society
with FEAR any guardian of any cage will be able to manipulate you and abuse you
dont fall for the fear be strong .. and remove the fear inside your head ASAP

fear can lead to the dark side (quote from Yoda in SW)

a person without any fear is FREE
a person with fear dont controle herself and can do really bad things because of that fear
always feeling fear that the next day something can happen
FEAR = Pessimistic

FEAR = scare to die each day you live

in conclusion ...
FEAR = the desire to live in that cage and being abuse
once you accept fear in your life its over ...
you will willingly stay in that cage with a false happy smile for the rest of your life

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Ben81]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Fear = Strength ???
fear is a big weakness

Humm ... I guess fear can be a "stimillous". A lot of people do great thing because of fear. But sadly too many people create disaster because of it

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
ATS is like an attack dog. Stay on the right side of the fence at all times.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Pooohhhhhh, man!
I gotta say, I live on the Gulf of Mexico............ain't dead yet, and don't plan on being any time soon.
While it's horrible, the gulf disaster, I live here, and see it every day, as I go to the beach and watch what is going on.
What is with the fear mongering that we all need to be evacuated, or need fema coffins?
I am so sick and tired of that crap, on here, it's almost pissing me off worse that the oil blowout!

I think that you only feel "safe" because no one has yet gotten it across to you that crude oil contains BENZENE C6H6. > BENZENE < Benzene is 100% cancer and although it has not yet killed you, nevertheless in a year or two from now you will be in a death bed situation, as will be millions of others in the Eastern USA and the Gulf of Mexico region, in that all of you are suffering BENZENE poisoning to the inevitible death. That is a sure thing. Instead of just going on in ignorance I recommend that you start shouting for full support and compensations. After all what I am saying is that the Oil Industry are getting away with a genocide scale mass killing of millions of innocent civilians. Benzene is generally odourless but if you can smell its sweet fragrance then it is too late since you must be exposed to a lethal quantity. It can kill immediately but usually no one gets to be that affected immediately. It is inevitably going to cause cancer. That is the truth about BENZENE C6H6 which is a gas that should not be in your petrol, but due to the fact that you want cheap petrol, in such huge amounts, therefore the Oil Industry cut corners at the refinery. Cigarettes cause cancer, because tobacco contains a natural source of BENZENE C6H6. In an other ATS thread we were told that virtually all of those men and woman who worked so hard on the Exxon-Valdez cleanup operations are now dead. These are the hard facts that certain entity are trying to hide from you. Dare I say that some one is trying to murder you ? Those FEMA coffins exist. Yours is amongst them. Ignorance is your worst enemy. As ADOLF HITLER said "How convenient for us that men never think". As a way by which to assist you, if you do eventually start getting symptoms, here is a lawyer who might be able to get you some compensation. > LAWYER < However, no amount of compensation can restore your lost health or bring the dead back to life. If advised to evacuate, but you choose to remain behind, you will only have yourself to blame if your health goes out the window. Presumably only those who cooperate with the FEMA evacuation programme SWIFT FOX will be allowed to sue for compensations.

It is not just a problem for the immediate Gulf of Mexico population. Hurricane ALEX dumped on Mexico, in just one day, as much rain as normally falls in the entire 365 day long year. More such extremely wet hurricanes are no doubt on the way, and it gets to be a complete flood, with all crops destroyed, meaning starvation. Now that the BENZENE rich crude oil is in the "loop current" it will not be long before we in Europe get to be in reciept of some of that sweet smelling BENZENE C6H6 too ? You in the immediate Gulf of Mexico who get the FEMA assistance are the lucky few. We in Europe will no doubt get the toxins too, but we, like as with the Cubans and the Mexicans, get no assistance or compensations.

[edit on 3/7/2010 by CAELENIUM]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I have always loved Conspiracy Theories. I love this board. I think it is stimulating, and I think that some of the people here are highly intelligent! I like being on the "second level". You have people on the "first level", only thinking about what is concrete. The people who believe that Marilyn Monroe committed suicide and Oswald killed JFK. They never think beyond what they are told by the media.

You have people on the "second level", who think about what is going on behind the scenes. You question everything, and want to know what really happened. You don't just automatically believe everything the media tells you! Sometime, I feel like I am a detective, exploring the secrets and finding out the reason why, etc!

I know I didn't explain that well, but some of the things on the board are very scary! This methane bubble thing is very frightening, hope it doesn't happen, but we must be aware and have our guard up. It's best to be prepared.

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge.

I think knowledge is power. Better safe than sorry!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I don't scare easily any more, especially after so many of these doom and gloom events never pan out. What I feel now is more like disappoint when all of these (so-called) scary events fizzle out. Yup, disappointment! Sounds crazy, huh? But that's how I honestly feel now.

You see, I had high hopes for that swine flu thing. And I'm still hoping that they can manage to blow up the world with that collider thingy those whacked out scientist are screwing around with (they almost managed to blow themselves up once already). I still have high expectations for that whole Mayan end-of-the-world in 2012 thing (I even took a peek by watching the movie, wink wink). Maybe this oil geyser thing in the gulf will pan out to something spectacular (I got a real good feel about that one too).

Yeah, I was thinking "Yup, this time mother nature will finally blow her stack and release her revenge upon humanity!" Oh hell yeah, come on GAIA, do it do it just do it. (religious ones: feel free to translate that to 'judgment day' if you prefer, makes no difference to me either way any more, lets just get this over with, please .. ha)

Say, did you know about YU55 .. expected to buzz on by in November 2011. There's that number again, 11 11. Maybe that's when .. and how. Has happened before. Could explain all those 11 visions. 11 of them drillers died out in the gulf. 11 people went missing on a mining plane not long after that. Check out this earlier article, where it says: "received verbal approval from an unnamed MMS official at 11 p.m. on March 11" in that report? (scared again yet?)

Then BIG damn disappointment. Again and again and again. Damn it (times 3).

Well, I guess the old gal (or whatever) has had a last minute change of heart. Poof, scary disappears. ... Nothing ... No doom .. very little gloom (well sometimes doom, sorry about that there down in Haiti and that other place I've already forgotten about, was it Chili?). Damn it. Where did scary go?

Of course, one of these days scary will happen. Again. Eventually, she (GAIA .. or whatever), will just totally finally loose it (gods smite if you prefer, ha) .. and all hell will be release upon Earth, upon all of us.

Well okay, maybe not all of us I pray, but you know .. a kind of RESET .. so that the survivors can have a fight chance to start anew .. again .. and maybe get it right the NEXT TIME ... damn it!

It WILL happen again. It could be tomorrow or even tonight .. maybe next year .. or the year after that. POOF! Disaster! And a whole bunch of us will suddenly disappear, or everyone could disappear. Gawd only knows when .. where .. how .. or how many .. but there is one thing that is certain .. it has happened before and it will happen again ! And we will get to experience it when that day comes.

And even if it isn't some world wide tragic event, everyone in our world could still disappear .. if any one of us happens to accidentally step out in front of a bus tomorrow .. POOF! Where did the world go? Could be the day after tomorrow. Could be tonight.

BOO!
Every day is scary day in our worlds! For each and every one of us. And I have to say scary can be kind of fun and exciting. It adds a bit of anticipation to even the most dismally depressing days. I mean, the world could be hit with an asteroid while we sleep tonight. Or we might be among the unlucky ones that won't be waking up tomorrow morning with the rest.

BOO!
Welcome to scary world. Oh, BTW, this could just be a bad nightmare someone is having, and any moment now they might wake up and we could all disappear too. Have fun with scary!

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Divinorumus]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

Your posts in this thread have gone a long way to somewhat proving the OP correct.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Beauty_HairyBeast

Fear = Strength ???
fear is a big weakness
people on ATS dont have that weakness
its like ...put yourself in a small cage and a guardian
that torture you for any reasons... 24/7
cant go out of the cage because the guardian can hurt me more....
fear will take away from you the freedom you seek
fear will remove in your mind any chance of ever escaping
fear will LET YOU ROTT IN THAT CAGE until you are freed from someone without fear ...
fear will DOOM yourself until you die
DELETE FEAR and you will be able to fight and try to escape
it will give you hope
once fear is remove you will be able to do things with a certain control
with fear you cant control yourself in a panic mode

fear is the most horrible damaging weakness in human society
with FEAR any guardian of any cage will be able to manipulate you and abuse you
dont fall for the fear be strong .. and remove the fear inside your head ASAP

fear can lead to the dark side (quote from Yoda in SW)

a person without any fear is FREE
a person with fear dont controle herself and can do really bad things because of that fear
always feeling fear that the next day something can happen
FEAR = Pessimistic

FEAR = scare to die each day you live

in conclusion ...
FEAR = the desire to live in that cage and being abuse
once you accept fear in your life its over ...
you will willingly stay in that cage with a false happy smile for the rest of your life

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Ben81]

Ok, I see what you are pointing out, I really do but really, fear is just an emotion that we shouldnt get carried away with (or consume us), life isnt black and white!

Who knows, maybe if that bird is caged theres a possibiity he may have not made it in the wild (for whatever reason) but he is happy because he's fed and watered - still alive and able to whistle a tune.

Grey shades in between!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthy-bird

Fear = Strength ???
fear is a big weakness

Humm ... I guess fear can be a "stimillous". A lot of people do great thing because of fear. But sadly too many people create disaster because of it

looks what Israel is doing with that fear ..
they are willing to destroy an entire country because of it
even start a WW3...
no once can achieve peace with fear
fear can make you go kill someone because you might think
he will kill you tomorrow
and explain the stupid reason that it was only selfdefense
fear make you cover bad things

its better not having any fear at all
no more fear = PEACE ON EARTH
no more killings ..
no more wars ..

FEAR IS A WEAPON
ok i dont like bees and i run aways from them lol
if i fear them i would not be able to go outside
now you have the difference between running aways from something and having fear

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join