It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS = Fear

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RamsOnTop

I hate to blame the victim (you) but I don't think ATS has to cause fear.

It doesn't cause fear in me.

Most things on here are either obvious or wrong...Obvious things shouldn't cause fear, you should have worked them into your world view already and have a plan for addressing them when they actually impinge on you (in general the antidote for fear is a plan, by the way, even a bad incomplete plan with parts to be filled-in later)...and then wrong things don't need to cause fear...for example, I tell you now that I am a blue fungus that is homing in on your keystrokes and once I get to your house through reversing your protein chirality I shall explode all your cells...That does not need to cause fear because although hostile in tone it refers to a nonexistent problem that is rather unlikely to affect you...i.e. it's just wrong...

And then there's some borderline things you can't tell if they are obvious or wrong (frequently, I think, the borderline cases are kind of unimportant)...with those, keep your eyes open, check the evidence, make plans for either case...

I am not making this post to cap on you, because fear is good, but fear is designed to make you do something, not to persist in fear...and the actions motivated by fear can serve to lessen fear, and then you're better off, and better prepared for danger, ideally, too...

[edit on 3-7-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
In some cases, with a certain type of person, fear can actually be beneficial...If a certain fear is generated by the revelation of a previously-unknown truth, then that fear can be turned towards contemplating the solution of the problem that induced fear in the first place. On a primal level, this manifests in the "fight or flight syndrome," in which immediate action of some kind is necessary. On somewhat higher mental level, a person will tend towards considering a solution to the threat.

Fear is a natural emotion in nearly every living creature...But it takes at least a certain level of intelligence to seek a long-term solution that can reduce or eliminate any given threat or problem. In short, rational thought is a natural remedy to fear & can motivate actions that will solve the initial fear-inducing threat.

This is how I see ATS & its existence...A common gathering ground for the revelation of previously-unknown truths & the contemplation of solutions that might be implemented. When it comes to solving problems, it's a given that two minds are better than one. Think about how many minds gather at ATS & what can be accomplished when new revelations are shared by many.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Determine the true purpose of your life. If you think you know your purpose then ask your self if you are willing to die for it. If the answer is no then you need to keep searching for your purpose. Once you know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, what your purpose is then you will begin to advance in that direction even knowing it could cost you your life. You will still experience fear but your purpose will cause you to overcome the fear.

Peace

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Having been on this site since forever I can recall how it used to be. I would totally agree with you OP. I don't know if its that people have lost touch or the fact that ATS' popularity has sky rocketed since I first started coming here. Either way, over the past 5 years its as if paranoia has sky rocketed. People take EVERY conspiracy way too seriously. You do not have to believe every conspiracy out there, and you are often put under attack here when you dont! A huge deviation from "the old days".

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RamsOnTop

I just can't take it anymore. Now there's a methane bubble that is supposed to burst and cause armageddon-like consequences? C'mon people, haven't you done enough already to scare me?

Well my friend, considering the rate of return of the many other doomsday prognostications previously posted, I think we can be assured there will be no methane bubble bursting.

Let's all go eat and grilled cheese and chill.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
If even half of the stuff that I read on here is real, then you should definitely be scared. Fortunately, it's not.

I love science fiction, which is why I love to read the forums here. Almost all of it is pure fiction. If you view it as such, then you'll be able to sleep at night.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I'm scared of that animal with glowing red eyes in your avatar...Why has it come to visit us? What does it want?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I agree that being involved in this can cause fear, however I also believe you should get involved! Speaking your feelings on the threads is a great way to overcome those fears. Also research on your own - a lot of the things on here turn out to be inconsequential but the fact remains, for example, that due to the H1N1 scam we have lost many of our personal rights and freedoms (such as search and seisure is now legal without a warrant); you wouldn't have known that unless you visit a site like ATS.

For me I almost never let stuff bother UNTIL this last group of predictions around June 22-26th, with U.S. aircraft carrier groups going to Iran... WHOA!!
I was a little scared, stocked up on food and bottled water a little more than normal and what happened?? Nothing... (again!)

predictions = fear

awareness of laws and politics = smart

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Times are hard right now. They have been in the past but we were blissfully unaware at the time because every little detail didn't come out. The Digital Age has given us much more. Too much at times for some. We've lived through those times. We'll live through these ones.

Edit: Niners rule!

[edit on 3-7-2010 by intrepid]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine-eyed-eel
reply to post by antonia

I'm scared of that animal with glowing red eyes in your avatar...Why has it come to visit us? What does it want?

Food, he's come for food. He also likes when you pet him and he is a very dramatic yelper.

As long as you feed him and pet his fur he will not swallow the planet. If you don't, well, that's gonna be the actual doomsday ATS has been dreading.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Satan gives the spirit of fear.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
You do not have to believe every conspiracy out there, and you are often put under attack here when you dont!

[color=C6AEC7]How true. There are a lot of threads I want to reply to but dont, because I dont want to get shouted at, as it were.

[color=7A5DC7](Im a sensitive soul
)

[edit on 3-7-2010 by tappy]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
i guess eventually you can go full circle and become numb to it all and say to your self oh well i will not shrink from death should it choose to take other than that i guess ill just get on with my life but the real point is alot of this stuff does have basis for there is never any smoke without fire and i guess it does help conciousness in a way as we can openly express and discuss all manner of possability that most of the time does have some basis for becoming subject matter to post
think of ats as a site where the awakend check to see just how many more people in the world have been awakend because those that are awake are people that care about the earth about other people and other lives and detest greed secrecy and evil intent basically if you find your way on this site it is because you are disatisfied with the world your in and your over its controlled media spun bull# and your looking for some investagative journalism as it no longer exists so if it does get to much for you if theres no one can help and if you feel you have no one to talk to feel free to post email or call the A team yes the ATS team thats you and all of us NEVER ACCEPT ANYTHING ,QUESTION EVRYTHING AND INEVITABLY YOU WILL FIND THE TRUTH IF IF ITS JUST YOUR OWN.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I would have to say that ATS subjects do not scare me however they are delightfully entertaining.

I like whenever you entitle a topic about freemasonry a member by the name of Masonic Light appears very shortly thereafter...generally the 3rd to 5th post after the OP. Its like having a genie around.

Someone give it a try & you will see. Whatever you do...don't go towards the light..its a trick

Another fun thing is to see topics like "I was a grey alien in a past life" getting pages upon pages of responses.

No fear here...just delight.

Remember,,,the light is a trick...delight

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

This is a long awaited thread,.. thank you.
I for some time have been doing my best with the time that I can to tell the fear mongerers that bring all that junk to this site to PROVE it.
And often, I will get no response then so I laugh and move on.
I will agree that when I came to this site, I read many of the things posted and became a bit concerned about the events that were to unfold.. and of course,.. the catastrophic events that were "predicted" were bull.
Now, I will say that this site does have it's positives also. But ya just have to weed through the bla bla.
To be honest ,.. I have been gettn real tired of the predictions of doom or the bible thumpers quoting verses relating EVERYTHING that happens as the next "SIGN" of the apocolypto.
Don't live in fear my friend, just laugh and know better.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

loll you made my day !! S&F

first if you have been reading correctly on ATS
many signs will tell you that the governement
have been using that tactik forever
especially with 9/11 , letter with white pounder, dirty bomb in the metro etc etc ...
it was a false flag operation scare tactik to make selfinterest out of it
and will plunge the world into state of fear/terror and make wars

the WHO declared a worldwide pandemic so some of their friendly pharmaceutical compagny can make huge amount of money
its the same thing with the wars
THEY make the fear ... when they do crime they will denied everything
thats why WE cant trust anything anymore from the TV Media and the gov
never any truth will come from their mouth
here on ATS we can only speculate on the REAL DEAL
u have to take some news and leave other behind
but im sure at least more then 70% have pin point the real truth
on todays world events

but dont never come here again telling everyone ATS incite fear
THE GOVERNMENT HAVE THAT JOB OF CREATING FEAR

i agree on one things .. some threads here push VERY deep any world topic and concern .. like i said take some and leave some

im reading bad news everyday .. its been a long time since fear invaded my mind... so can you .. live day by day even if tomorrow is the end of the world ... i would not be scared
everyone die one day ...
death is only the beginning .. (from Imotep in the mummy lol)
and like yoda once said
Fear can lead to the darkside

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Ben81]

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Ben81]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I just can't take it anymore. Now there's a methane bubble that is supposed to burst and cause armageddon-like consequences? C'mon people, haven't you done enough already to scare me?

Be afraid, be very afraid. No, I'm just kidding. You have to realize that most of the theories and ideas that people present here are speculative. They are worth considering and keeping in mind but they are speculative. The fear arises as you begin to imagine the reality that you created for yourself changing I believe.

Most of us know what we know because it has been imprinted on us when we were young. Our lives follow down this course of beliefs and when we are presented with another view it makes us consider that what we have known all along is not the truth. It creates a fear. Just remember that this is a conspiracy site and the theories are speculative. Just my two cents.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Nothing to fear here.

ATS members are quite good at fact finding, searching for evidence, information, alternate sources and much more.

If you only read the paranoid opening posts and not the followup discussions then you missed the whole point here.

There is a virtual army of highly skilled and very intelligent members here and until you have heard from them, don't believe anything.

Sometimes threads are long and it takes a while, but read through them and if you are still paranoid or afraid seek psychiatric help immediately.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
i know fear.

i haven't read through the whole thread yet, just the op and there is a couple thoughts i thought i would share..

like i said, i haven't read through it all, so shoot me
Esoteric Teacher

Originally posted by RamsOnTop
While I really enjoyed some of the topics that I found on this website I have recently realized that ATS scares the s... out of me.

I think that is one reason they added this to the Terms & Conditions:

We are not responsible for any messages posted, nor the consequences of reading them.

If my screen name on my avatar read "Ignorance" would i be banned?

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

we have nothing to fear but fear itself. if you are locked
in a cage of fear, knowledge is the key. we all got it comin kid.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by p51mustang]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join