It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The # 23?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It was actually apparently William S. Burroughs who was to blame, as Wilson himself has stated.

Burroughs is also cited by Robert Anton Wilson as being the person to first notice the '23' phenomena. While in Tangiers, Burroughs one day met a 'Captain Clark', who had captained a water taxi from Tangiers for 23 years without incident. That next day, Captain Clark's boat sank. From that point, Burroughs kept a dairy of odd synchronicites and coincidences, and noticed an overwhelming occurrence of the number 23. "Captain Clark welcomes you aboard".

It's also a hell of a lot older than 6 years.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
There was just a movie about this with Jim Carrey that bombed in the theaters, I don't think it even made 23 million

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
The number 23 is also featured in a movie with Jim Carrey. Funnily enough its all about PARANOIA, and seeing things that aren't really anything.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I've had a number of odd coincidences with the number 23 in my life, most of it centered around girlfriends or wives. For example, virtually every longterm gf I had, had a number 23 associated with them, whether it was a phone number or address or anniversary, etc. As it turns out, my wife asked me out on a date (when we barely knew each other) on 3/23/2003. My birth name has 23 letters in it, a phrase I wrote to sort of sum up life in one sentence turned out to have 23 syllables, the list goes on and on. Do I know what it means, no. Although I have had the sneaking suspicion that if it emanates from anywhere, it is not a pure or holy place, but rather some dark force.

I have also been long interested in the Illuminati, yet I have never been able to connect this number to them aside from R.A. Wilson's books, and I have pretty much given up on that.

One other note of interest, my Mom had the Wilson books in her library along with a host of other books on the occult, including a whole Time-Life Series on the supernatural (each book had a classic goat's head in a pentagram on the back cover) and I used to pore over those books for years while I was growing up. In fact, I still have them all. I don't remember ever reading Illuminatus!, however it could account for my 23 fixation.

[edit on 10-10-2007 by down with jesgen]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

The "23 Enigma" is the Discordian belief that all events are connected to the number 23, given enough ingenuity on the part of the interpreter.

It all depends on how you interpret it. If you go looking for it you will find it. Its like the X-Files TV show. The most prominent number on the show is a combination of 10/13. Doors would be marked 10-13, 13-10, 23. Buildings would be the same way. There was a discussion far back about this not here but elsewhere and it turned out to be Chris Carters birthday.

To me my number that I stalk is 21 not 23.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by seenitall
The number 23 is also featured in a movie with Jim Carrey. Funnily enough its all about PARANOIA, and seeing things that aren't really anything.

I didn't see the movie. just a joke

I am really surprised more people did not see the .666666666 meaning the mark of the beast one. I only saw one post about that in the four pages. The beast number has been around for hundreds of years and adopting that number in a symbolic less visible form might be the reason for some of the uses.

It is also possible that writers, in the symbolic way they like to do things, just picked up on the symbolism and caried it forward. I noticed in the starwars example it was the thing that imprisons, the angle of attack, and the two that fail by using that angle of attack and staying on target, not using the force. Just as an example.

[edit on 11-10-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
i also have seen a lot of this number thanks real deal for the info,they say this number is special for the urbanmancers

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
whats an urbanmancers?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It would be a proper approach of mind control if it wasn't exploited. make someone feel they have this divine connection they must uncover and lead them where you want. Maybe that's where it started. maybe I am being foolish.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
ah so your stating because you belive this number is significant to you that you see it everywhere. it kind of falls in line as when you get a new car or drive someone else's car you start noticing that car on the road. like actively playing the punch buggy game constantly. interesting.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Its the uniform number of the greatest Yankee of my time, Donald Arthur Mattingly. Please don;t take the managers job Donnie!!! This one is going to end badly. Be the next manager, but please don't be the current one!!!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
If you pay attention the numbers in movies from here on out-or on tv I swear you'll see they are most likely 23 or add up to 23 look at license plates,room numbers,peoples ages everything..I've been doing this for years. I don't know maybe it's just a "hollywood" number or something, but its weird to me?

You have no clue how many you've missed that were right under your nose.

See if you can find the 23 here:

www.youtube.com...

Ribbit

Ps: One of the equations for the 23 Enigma Solution is:

23 = 2 + 3 = 3 + 2 = 32

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

Originally posted by magestica
If you pay attention the numbers in movies from here on out-or on tv I swear you'll see they are most likely 23 or add up to 23 look at license plates,room numbers,peoples ages everything..I've been doing this for years. I don't know maybe it's just a "hollywood" number or something, but its weird to me?

You have no clue how many you've missed that were right under your nose.

See if you can find the 23 here:

www.youtube.com...

Ribbit

Ps: One of the equations for the 23 Enigma Solution is:

23 = 2 + 3 = 3 + 2 = 32

2 + (2 + 1) = 2 + 3 = 23

www.youtube.com...

Ribbit

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: magestica

There is a book called "23 Minutes in Hell," the number 23 seems to have significance in relation to the study of Sheol (Hell).

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join