It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban fighters getting killed by small arms and aircraft

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by theregonnakillme
We are basically in Afghan and Iraq killing civilians who think they are fighting to protect their land from invader.

Actually, if they start fighting, they lose their status as "civilian".

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

We are basically in Afghan and Iraq killing civilians who think they are fighting to protect their land from invader.

Agreed mate, having served in the army and lost people i knew over there i think the only way to solve the war is to unload a payload of nuclear weapons and wipe out the entire country.

No sympathy at all for the dead taliban, they don't have sympathy when they detonate themselves in a crowded public place.

F*ck them all, every last one of them can burn

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingDoey

Agreed mate, having served in the army and lost people i knew over there i think the only way to solve the war is to unload a payload of nuclear weapons and wipe out the entire country.

No sympathy at all for the dead taliban, they don't have sympathy when they detonate themselves in a crowded public place.

F*ck them all, every last one of them can burn

Emmm that’s not strictly true sorry to be pedantic I know it’s a minor point but. If the “War on Terror” was a real war then the rules of war as set out under the Geneva Convection would have to be followed, however this is impossible as the enemy “terrorism” has no physical entity to it. For example if a terrorist is captured under the Geneva convection it is the responsibility to inform the opposing side of his capture. This means it’s very difficult to pin the label “enemy combatant” on a member of the Taliban legally.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

If a terrorist gets rolled up, the can label him an Unlawful Combatant. The defination under LOAC:

Unlawful Combatants. Unlawful combatants are individuals who directly participate in hostilities without being authorized by governmental authority or under international law to do so. For example, bandits who rob and plunder and civilians who attack a downed airman are unlawful combatants. Unlawful combatants who engage in hostilities violate LOAC and become lawful targets. They may be killed or wounded and, if captured, may be tried as war criminals for their LOAC violations.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

reply to post by kevinunknown

If a terrorist gets rolled up, the can label him an Unlawful Combatant. The defination under LOAC:

Unlawful Combatants. Unlawful combatants are individuals who directly participate in hostilities without being authorized by governmental authority or under international law to do so. For example, bandits who rob and plunder and civilians who attack a downed airman are unlawful combatants. Unlawful combatants who engage in hostilities violate LOAC and become lawful targets. They may be killed or wounded and, if captured, may be tried as war criminals for their LOAC violations.

Also, if they're capture in action without a recognized uniform, complete with unit identification, they are subject to summary execution as "spies".

Those battlefield executions are rarely performed these days, however. It's generally held to be better form to extract intel from them.

Further, no "terrorist" organization that I'm aware of is signatory to the Geneva Conventions, Because of that, they are not bound by it. Hence all these beheadings and such, which would otherwise be in violation.

Rightfully, since they are NOT signatory to the Conventions, neither should they be afforded the protections of them. For some odd reason, the west insists on applying them to this situation, unilaterally.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Due to ATS? You're joking, right? I've seen more BS being posted here about the war in Iraq and A-stan by d-bags that have absolutely zero knowledge on the US Military and the conflict in both of those regions.

Nope not due to ATS, but due to sites and truth finding sites like ATS. I see you like making assumptions .

You know, the posters that love to use the phrase, "Deny Ignorance" and brag about how they can see thru the "US Propaganda", yet so easily and willingly swallow the propaganda from other countries.

I see you like making statements without any shred of evidence, you must be a Western agent since the Western empire acts very much like you. Let me elaborate:
The West claims Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons, but no shred of evidence have been provided.

Well, if you did a bit of research, you'd know that the Soviets went in with heavy armor and arty and pretty much laid waste to the entire country with no questions asked. I thought I read that 7% of the Afghan population was killed during the Soviet occupation.

So it is not the Western empire who is bombing whole villages and marriage parties in Afghanistan?

So what is gonna happen when the US realizes it can't win, just like USSR? The last option? Bomb the sh1t out of Afghanistan like USSR?

Let's wait and see, until then keep it shut because too many villages and too many civilians have been bombed and killed. Too many lives have been ruined in direct result of the invasion, and Kabul is seemingly the Capital of druggies now.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by LittleSecret]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleSecret
Nope not due to ATS, but due to sites and truth finding sites like ATS. I see you like making assumptions.

So you're agreeing with me that ATS really isn't the site to go to for any sort of meaningful discussion on the war.

I see you like making statements without any shred of evidence,...

Kinda like you, or are you going to whip out a wikipedia source?

...you must be a Western agent since the Western empire acts very much like you. Let me elaborate:
The West claims Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons, but no shred of evidence have been provided.

And Iran said they aren't, and of course, they aren't lying, right?

So it is not the Western empire who is bombing whole villages and marriage parties in Afghanistan?

So what is gonna happen when the US realizes it can't win, just like USSR? The last option? Bomb the sh1t out of Afghanistan like USSR?

Do some reading up on the Soviets in A-Stan. The US and USSR aren't even remotely close.

Let's wait and see, until then keep it shut because too many villages and too many civilians have been bombed and killed. Too many lives have been ruined in direct result of the invasion, and Kabul is seemingly the Capital of druggies now.

"Keep in shut"? Oh, shucks. Last I checked, this was a public forum and if my posts "offend" you, you're just gonna have to deal with it. Sorry about that, Gus.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

So you're agreeing with me that ATS really isn't the site to go to for any sort of meaningful discussion on the war.

Why are you on ATS? It is a fact finding forum, deny ignorance, that is why evidence is so crucial in this forum.

Kinda like you, or are you going to whip out a wikipedia source?

You know, you can just tell me you are not gonna bring me evidence, just like the Western empire.

And Iran said they aren't, and of course, they aren't lying, right?

It is innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around. The accuser holds the burden of proof, not the other way around...

Do some reading up on the Soviets in A-Stan. The US and USSR aren't even remotely close.

My dad fought in the war. 3 of my uncles got died in the war. One under torture... etc

Once again, What is the US gonna do when it find out it can't win, just like USSR? What is the last option?

"Keep in shut"? Oh, shucks. Last I checked, this was a public forum and if my posts "offend" you, you're just gonna have to deal with it. Sorry about that, Gus.

No it doesn't offend me, I was just in one of those moments where I wanted to say shut the # up lol

You can gather sheep like Bil o Rily to give you ratings, but thats not gonna help you find the truth.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Why are you on ATS? It is a fact finding forum, deny ignorance, that is why evidence is so crucial in this forum.

For yucks. I get plenty of laughs when people that don't have a clue try to talk about certain subjects.

You know, you can just tell me you are not gonna bring me evidence, just like the Western empire.

Uh, evidence about what?

It is innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around. The accuser holds the burden of proof, not the other way around...

You're right.

My dad fought in the war. 3 of my uncles got died in the war. One under torture... etc

Sorry about your uncles, but that doesn't mean you know jacksh*t about the war.

Once again, What is the US gonna do when it find out it can't win, just like USSR? What is the last option?

Who knows? That's way above my pay grade, they aren't letting me in on all that long range planning.

I'm certain you don't know, either.

No it doesn't offend me, I was just in one of those moments where I wanted to say shut the # up lol

You can gather sheep like Bil o Rily to give you ratings, but thats not gonna help you find the truth.

And you think you'll find the truth by flipping out as soon as someone disagrees with you?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

You know, the posters that love to use the phrase, "Deny Ignorance" and brag about how they can see thru the "US Propaganda", yet so easily and willingly swallow the propaganda from other countries.

You made a claim about me and didn't provide any evidence. That was the start of the discussion.

So where are we heading with this discussion?

What is the objective?

You are saying I don't know what I'm talking about, prove it.

There is no point in this discussion, I haven't learned anything, nor have I gained a better understand of something.

I'll wait until you say something worth responding to.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

You made a claim about me and didn't provide any evidence. That was the start of the discussion.

Did I? Did I make a claim about you? Did I actually mention you by name??

You are saying I don't know what I'm talking about, prove it.

You say that the insurgents aren't to blame when they set off a car bomb and intentionally kill women and children. Yes or no?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Did I? Did I make a claim about you? Did I actually mention you by name??

So you happen to reply to me with that comment lol. Ahh don't even worry about it, next time if it is not directed to me then don't press the reply button.

You say that the insurgents aren't to blame when they set off a car bomb and intentionally kill women and children. Yes or no?

Jesus do you think I don't blame those who kill innocent people? I'm referring to cause and effect.

The for the collapse of the twin towers were? and the effect was?

For you to put blame on the effect and forget about the cause is naive.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

The for the collapse of the twin towers were?

Some fruitcakes flew planes into them.

and the effect was?

America declared a "War on Fruitcakes".

Indeed, 'tis so! Please revisit your own chain of logic...

[edit on 2010/7/8 by nenothtu]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

So you happen to reply to me with that comment lol. Ahh don't even worry about it, next time if it is not directed to me then don't press the reply button.

I'm sorry, but do you own and run this board? Trying reading the entire post and you'll see what's directed at you, and what's just a general statement.

But that statement, if the shoe fits, you just go right ahead and slide the puppy on and see how it fits.

Jesus do you think I don't blame those who kill innocent people? I'm referring to cause and effect.

Yeah, actually it does seem like you are having problems with the blame game. Some waste of skin sets off a car bomb and murders women and children. Guess who's to blame; it's pretty easy.

Cause and effect is all fine and dandy, but whatever happened to personal responsibility?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

reply to post by nenothtu

Did you call Semper to remove to of my posts? Nice one, as I said on those posts which got removed which had full reply to your previous post.

Semper could have removed any ill mannered words, which there wasn't any, or any ill manner percieved by him, but to remove a well written response, and a time occupaying 10000 character response hints something to me.

In those two posts I stated that your intent was to waste my time and I still stand correct.

Time wasted, won't happen again, I learned my lesson.

You maybe somewhat correct. I came across a post on ATS board & questions where a user posted reference of evidence that Slayer was urging his "supporter" base thru u2u to help him on threads (star him/ argue ridicule other) against a different user who was arguing with him. It is not a surprise if along with users few moderators are also part of such groups. Also if you didn't know Slayers kid is in army somewhere in Afghanistan or Iraq the reason why is he so itchy on this subject. I mean if you say anything against army he takes it as saying against his son.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Sheol]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Sheol

The Marines not the Army.

Now he's no longer stationed in Iraq. His 18 month tour is now complete, he has been stationed elsewhere. If you are going to spread disinformation at least try to get some facts correct.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleSecret

continued from last post

This is the thread I am talking about

Forum Gang Activity On the Rise on Ats?

Also note it's against ATS rules to organise should "gangs" for the sole purpose of attacking someone on thread and trying to lower their opinion.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

We know who spreads disinformation by organising gangs..you were exposed! Its funny though how desperate you would have been not to able to stand your own ground and asking help from others! Pitiful

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Sheol

Well first off how is this on topic here? Second, that was discussed and covered and it was found to be all in his head. Simply becuase Proto sees boogeymen under his bed doesn't make it real. As a matter of fact Proto was accusing others of the very thing he himself was doing. Guilty conscious?

Now some people take conspiracy way too seriously. To the point of accusing other members of collusion. For a rational man he at times seems quit delusional. This apparently is a pathetic whine from somebody who cannot discuss the topic intelligently and has to resort to finger pointing when they fail.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sheol
You maybe somewhat correct. I came across a post on ATS board & questions where a user posted reference of evidence that Slayer was urging his "supporter" base thru u2u to help him on threads (star him/ argue ridicule other) against a different user who was arguing with him.

Where did you see that? (Edit: My bad, didn't see you posted a link. Thanks!)

Originally posted by Sheol
Also if you didn't know Slayers kid is in army somewhere in Afghanistan or Iraq the reason why is he so itchy on this subject. I mean if you say anything against army he takes it as saying against his son.

Well, Duhhhhhh! Jeebus, did you think that he wasn't going to support his kid who's out fighting? Did you really freakin' think he'd throw his own SON under the liberal "I hate the military and everyone that's involved with it and boy, isn't the war illegal" bus?

And no, he didn't ask me to post this. I just read your post and cranked my obnoxious dial up a few notches.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by jerico65]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join