It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban fighters getting killed by small arms and aircraft

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleSecret
After 9 years of occupation my grand dad hasn't seen the fruits of the empire, only the burden of war, corruption, and drugs.

Sad, sad world because he called last week and was talking about my cousin turning out to be a heroin addict.

Well under the Soviets international phone service was almost non existent. Not to mention under the Taliban.

Wow Fruits of the Empire?????

Tell us Ooz or whatever your name is this week, Did he call from his house phone or his cell phone?

[edit on 3-7-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

My dad wears the same hat as the one in your avatar, don't forget, my whole family served their part in defeating the previous oppressive empire hence USSR, my whole family is sick of fighting, but seriously is there any choice left?

Remember there was no resistance in Afghanistan, the resistance only gained force and momentum after 4-5 years of invasion.

In that 4-5 years Afghanistan became the world's most corrupt country, the biggest drug producer, and don't even mention law and order or crime.

Take this one to your sleep:
"Afghanistan, the grave yard of empires"

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Well then if we are going to go down we are in some rather good company. Unlike many of them if not most. We wont be chased from the battlefield or defeated in any major battles.

PEACE

Slay

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

EEEK you fail on the topic, and now pursuing trolling as your secondary option.

Nice try

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleSecret

They have coms gear, so they can communicate. The reasons they used the tanks was because they had to get the SRR guys out off there because intell suggested that they were going to be handed over to militants, which they were in any case. The reason for the tank was to act as as distraction for another operation involving other units form Task Force Black to rescue the SF gusys from the militants.

Referring to UKSF as terrorists is just stupid, you don’t know what your talking about and I do just admit you wrong.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

L

For loser. You were the one who brought it up. Let me refresh your memory.

Troll much?

[edit on 3-7-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown

They have coms gear, so they can communicate. The reasons they used the tanks was because they had to get the SRR guys out off there because intell suggested that they were going to be handed over to militants, which they were in any case. The reason for the tank was to act as as distraction for another operation involving other units form Task Force Black to rescue the SF gusys from the militants.

Referring to UKSF as terrorists is just stupid, you don’t know what your talking about and I do just admit you wrong.

Sensitive COMP gears used for communication in a car used for reconnaissance mission. The car has explosives, as you claim the explosive had the purpose of destroying the sensitive COMP gears in case of mission failure etc.

My question, why the hell did they kill the police officer?

And how dare you tell me not to call them terrorists when they when and killed an Iraqi cold blooded, that being said, how can you swallow the official story?

They used Tanks to get these two out of prison, not from militias, get it?

Go re-read the story.

Once again, how much explosives do you need to destroy the sensitive COMP gears?

and what was the amount of explosives in the car? What was the destruction capability of those explosives?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

L

For let me refresh your memory:

My dad wears the same hat as the one in your avatar, don't forget, my whole family served their part in defeating the previous oppressive empire hence USSR, my whole family is sick of fighting, but seriously is there any choice left?

Remember there was no resistance in Afghanistan, the resistance only gained force and momentum after 4-5 years of invasion.

In that 4-5 years Afghanistan became the world's most corrupt country, the biggest drug producer, and don't even mention law and order or crime.

You have a habit of one liners..

I bet that is the one thing we can agree on

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

OK this is stupid, we are just taking jabs at each other.

Do you agree that the "Taliban" have killed innocent civilians? Or are you after all this time still in denial? AND do you deny that a good percentage of them are not Afghans?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

The two SRR troopers were moved to another location after being handed over to the militants. Do you know what there were doing to people at that station, electric drill torture, not a nice thing. They killed the police officer after being fired on for failing to stop at the VCP. Almost everyone who was working at that police station was corrupt, like most of the Iraqi police at the time.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
These TALIBANYS should all be rounded up and forced to emigrate,if we started forcably deporting these troublemakers out of their own countries we would have a foothold,one jail is as good as another,if you started shipping out all the people who have been sentenced by a hanging judge to say for example "life in prison",or even lesser crimes to other countries we would reduce recitivism every time there is a switch in government or leadership.

One less soldier to fight because you see it is here like it is there,trouble makers are the same everywhere,if you cant obey a simple set of laws you are a potential soldier.

If you know you will be in siberia when Vinnie gets out after serving his fifty years in the Sahara,life tends to look a little different than if you will both be free in two years or less sharing a box of ammunition and a hooka pipe.

Geographical relocation is the key,and if we are willing to send our boys and girls to die,then why the heck wouldnt we bring their killers HERE TO ROT AND BE REEDUCATED.

We dont have to keep fighting the same soldiers over and over.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Where did you post your source? Don't see any sources untill after my respone. You would be better off if you were'nt so thin skinned, thanks and have a nice day!!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy
I have been a pacifist all my adult life, but when it comes to the Taliban I shed no tears.

They have no respect for their own people, there are many videos around of them beating women for showing an ankle and stoning for adultery as well as recently hanging a boy boy about 10 for spying.

I save my tears for the innocent civilians caught up in all wars and conflicts caused by those in power be it political or religious.

Keep in mind that it wasn't that long ago that black men would find themselves murdered in the USA for displeasing a white man. Even in modern times, we're hardly the epitome of civil rights.

China's Documentation Of US Human Rights Abuses

Countering official American mythology, [China's] Information Office of the State Council presented an accurate account of what US propaganda suppresses, revealing some of what's known but publicly concealed about:

-- the world's most lawless state;

-- a society in social crisis;

-- a domestic armed camp under police state laws that suppress human rights and civil liberties, criminalize dissent, allow illegal spying, control information, persecute political prisoners for political advantage and deny them due process and judicial fairness;

-- torture as official US policy at home and abroad;

-- the operator of the world's largest global gulag;

-- systematic targeted killings;

-- permanent wars for unchallengeable dominance:

-- targeting peaceful nations;

-- committing ruthless state terror;

-- endangering world stability and peace;

-- illegally transferring public wealth to elitist private hands;

-- stealing elections;

-- governing as a one-party state with two wings, each as criminally ruthless and corrupted as the other, and;

-- as a result, is hated and feared globally and to a growing degree at home.

I'd suggest that we put aside our righteous indignation of foreigners and their ways until we've sorted our own house back home.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

reply to post by nenothtu

Yes, they did, and they damn well OUGHT to be tired of fighting. That's been going on there for decades, with no letup in sight. There are people there now, who are getting up in years, and have NEVER known a time of peace, not in their entire lives. You're one of them, just not there any more. Congrats on that, by the way.

There's ALWAYS a choice. Regardless of what you say about the "resistance", we both know who is at the core of that. No, not all "resistance" fighters are Taliban, and far fewer are al-Qaida, but that's the core, the source of the fighting, the source of the motivating ideology. If the resistance gave up on the Taliban, the "Empire" would have to find another excuse, or get the hell out of dodge. No two ways about it. The "Empire" went in ostensibly after the Taliban, and al-Qaida. Removing them from the picture jerks the rug right out from under us.

If you harbor anything against the CIA, it should be that it pulled out right after the Russians did, and left an abominable power vacuum in which the warlords and the Taliban flourished, and kept the war going on, but against each other, vying for supremacy.

There were those who argued against an abrupt pullout, and FOR assistance in rebuilding, but they got over-ruled by other elements who declared the job done, since the Russians were gone, and insisted on a pullout.

Afghans suffered because of that short-sightedness, and still do.

Yes, the Taliban played that well. You are of course aware that the Taliban at no time ever controlled more than 60% of Afghanistan, and were constantly at war with the warlords and the Northern Alliance. Look at Hekmatyar. How many times has he switched sides now?

There WAS "resistance", but against the Taliban (created by the ISI, by the way, and so 'foreigners'), not "The Empire".

Indeed. Afghanistan has always been "corrupt" by foreign standards, but that really shouldn't apply internally, eh? If you guys are happy with it, then so am I. Drug production HAS increased, I believe, but the whole story isn't told just by that statement alone. The Taliban was against poppy growing, until they turned TOWARDS it to fund their war effort.

Somehow, the US and in particular the CIA gets the blame for that. Go figure.

I will, and I'll sleep well, too. Alexander and Genghis keep the notion at bay. Afghans are tough, but NO ONE is invincible.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
All I have to say is:
No War? Know Peace.....
Know War? No Peace.....

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

For those that missed the memo - there is no such thing as Al Queda it was made up by the CIA, the Taliban were just a bunch of guys that liked to inflict themselves of the uneducated.

We are basically in Afghan and Iraq killing civilians who think they are fighting to protect their land from invader.

If the Mexicans came across into Arizona with weapons, the people down their would mobilize and start to fight back (I think that is exactly what they are doing isn't it?), so what makes anyone think that people fighting in their own country against a foreign army are terrorists? they are simply protecting what is theirs!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
A good Taliban fighter is a dead Taliban fighter. I am glad to see these scum getting their asses served to them on a plate.

This is a war, i don't sympathize with the enemy that wants me dead.

Then you should remain in the US, and never set foot off it - if the rest of your armed forces did the same, you would have no enemies.

Don't they just look like ferocious scum? Or maybe they just look like villagers and old men who seem scared of their own gunfire?

The opinion you hold is the one you have been spoon fed like a child - grow up and think for yourself.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Amagnon]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
We all know that men fight for women and kids,nothing else.

Make the women happy enough and the fighting ends,but that means helping instead of hurting.

How many men never lose their virginity?That is how many true taliban there are.We all answer to women one way or another,so as they say here if mommas happy everyone is happy but if momma is sad someones gonna get an arse kicking.

If you dont empower your own women to kick your arse when will you know you are wrong?

I am not joking,male and female perspectives or realities are very different ,if you are wrong SHE will usually show you why,and vice versa,but if you cut her out of the loop you cut off your own nuts.

So where is Hillary and Opera when you need them,how about Angelina and Braddy,why arent they trying to empower women in these countries right now?

Because these women and children have been abandoned thats why,abandoned by humanity,by us,all of us.

Why havent religons overturned all nations in the name of one eternal god?

They should have by now,right?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy
there are many videos around of them beating women for showing an ankle and stoning for adultery as well as recently hanging a boy boy about 10 for spying.

It's none of your business what people do in other countries as long as they don't invade your's. Ya.... let's go kill hundreds of thousands of them, kill and main thousands of our own youth in the process, and spend trillions of dollars all because they beat women for showing ankles and hang 10-year-olds for spying

[edit on 3-7-2010 by soleprobe]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Sorry deltaboy, I didn't see one scared Taliban Fighter. I watched close.

WT* is Obama doing? He lied his a$$ off when he said he would bring our troops home. The dead/wounded Americans and Afghans blood is on Obama's hands! That war aint worth fighting anymore.

OBAMA - BRING OUR TROOPS HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join