It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tanker explosion in Congo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Tanker explosion in Congo

www.foxnews.com

Over 200 are feared dead and over 100 injured after an oil tanker in the Democratic Republic of Congo exploded Saturday, a local government official said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Probably not related in the conspiracy theme but it's timing is pretty coincidental given the recent oil related drama that continues to unfold. I wonder why the MSM decided to run with a story about this particular incident in regards to the everyday violence in that region?

I'm also deciding if the increasing oil related problems (I still hesitate to use the word "catastrophic" just yet) worldwide will someday boil over in some aspects of our lives none of us can escape like some are trying to do now.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
200 dead(maybe) and 100 injured due to an explosion on an Oil Tanker in todays time is EVERYONES concern. Regardless if there was motive or not.
People need to hear about these things more in order to be concerned. If they never read about it, or see it on T.V, then they stop caring.
I think that it WILL boil over,and IMO it already has. It has already hit our food industry, and not to mention tourism dollars, local buisness owners,
so on and so on. It Killed the Gulf Of Mexico. People are STUPID to not be concerned.

we need to get the words "OIL LEAK"(not Oil Spill)in peoples heads as much as we can, that way they are constantly thinking about "well, what can I do to help"? Just like the usage of the word "terrorist" after 911. =)~

My condolences go out to those families of the tanker.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
These events are relatively common in Africa where people are trying to get free gas.Only the most gruesome ways of death are used by the media and that is for there own benefit in selling news not out of concern for the people that burned.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
200 dead, that's probably the less dramatic thing to happen in congo.

I'm serious.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ickylevel
200 dead, that's probably the less dramatic thing to happen in congo.

And may I add, it's likely less dramatic than the 230 people that will die in the next two days on USA roads in our oil derived powered automobiles. Pour some Corexit on this thread and let it drift to the bottom too. Out of sight, out of mind. Yawn.

new topics

top topics

join