It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just spent all day in the rain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
First off i want to start this thread right, I want to ask a few questions.
What if this oil spill gets cleaned up and nothing happens?
Can all of this paranoia just be us all freaking out for no reason?
If you had to tell a child what was going to happen what would you say?

Anyways about the title, I just spent all day the rain (literally all day i was at warped tour in houston)
There was no oil rain.
I looked at the clouds, they looked like regular clouds.
I tasted the rain, it tasted like regular rain.
It smelled like regular rain, and it puddled up like regular rain.
In the massive puddles there were no oil things on top like when youre filling up your boat at a marina.

Since it's not really raining oil, can all of the other things i've been reading not be true either?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Since it's not really raining oil, can all of the other things i've been reading not be true either? Yup.

Don't buy easily into propaganda. Be your own scientist, get a chemistry set and test the rain waters yourself. If you tasted, smelled and saw what appeared to be normal rain water and nothing more, count yourself lucky that time.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
k good
and ive read some other posts about people who have been out in the rain feeling sick only a few hours after.
i feel completely fine!
Fear mongering shouldn't be allowed on these boards lol

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by kotch

Not really sure what to think, you were in Houston correct? Where were the people who claimed to have gotten sick? Just speculating here, but couldn't it be possible to rain oil say in LA but not in Texas?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I was never was under the impression from the posts here that the oil rain is wide spread, I only saw a few examples posted and a lot of predictions. No surprise that you didnt have oil in your rain.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Not that I'm big on the whole "Oil Rain" idea, but I would imagine if it does/were to occur, it would be on areas due east of the oil spill ie the West coast of Florida for example.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I'm over in Lubbock and we had a bunch of rain today too and it was gloomy but smelled/tasted/felt normal. I also echo what someone else said when they said that it would -probably- be either north/northeast of where the oil spill is occurring. It's not likely to be blown this far in our direction, I don't think.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by kotch

Thanks for the good news. It makes a change from all the gloom and doom.

I wonder if anyone has taken a sample of the rain and had it tested for any anomalies?

Still, I'm happy for once to hear good news (although it may say something about my world view when rain just being rain is considered good news rather then just normal). Take care over there.

Cheers
Shane

[edit on 3/7/10 by shamus78]

top topics

join