It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S military exploding H-Bombs in space: VIDEO

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I wonder if there is any fall-out?...

1:17 is absolutely awing!!!!

They should launch all of them into space for a huge light show and ring in the era of New World Peace.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
That was Operation Starfish Prime. It emitted a fairly large EMP that affected parts of Hawaii almost 900 miles away.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Hi, CanadianDream420

See many others, on ground, and underground.

YouTube - Nuclear Explosions!!

www.youtube.com...

Blue skies.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Good one OP. I always thought they must have tried this, but kept it a secret. This is the first time I've seen anything about it, and a video no less. Why isn't this better known? or is it just me?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Pretty cool footage. There were many tests on land, underground, on the sea, in the sea, in the air, and in space....makes ya wonder why there's so much cancer these days and why the sun and smoking seem to be the blame for so much cancer...maybe it's radioactive particles in the air?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Hi everyone

1,17 in the video,

That is crazy stuff, MSM fails again, is there any other info on this event, I would add more but don't know what to say... for once a thread title that does what it says.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I had no idea this had ever occurred but often wondered. I always thought the risk of premature detonation would have weighed heavily on their decision. Guess I underestimated the government for putting the safety of millions at risk in the name of science. Who was I kidding, right?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Great video!
Ranks right up there with the tsar bomba on my all time coolest nuke vids!

If you havn't seen the tsar bomba test.... Look it up!

Thanks for a very cool visual!

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Darkblade71]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Your thread is misleading, this happened 50 years ago.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Absolutely disgusting indeed.

Seems that we have the hole in the ozone layer for a longer time than they admitted.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
With the united states leading the world in secret access to space technology im pretty there is a lot more outter space testing than the public or other countries know about.

Still a nuclear explosion is dang ner impossible to hide more so in space. Even if done behind another planet in our solor system the effects like xray, gamma rays, infared heat signitures ect... would still be detectable to the public and there would no doubt be news media coverage.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Reactor]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I saw this on another site today and I was totally gobsmacked that I"d never heard of this before.
It was even more sinister that they did it in early July so people would mistake it for 4th July celebrations.
I was born 6 weeks after this happened and I've wondered if all that radiation circling the globe could explain a few health problems that I had as a young child.
It's made me want to go deeper into this and I'd appreciate if anyone knows of some really good links that are an excellent starting place.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This news is 50 (60?) years old now. Hardly groundbreaking news that the USA and Russia exploded nukes in space.

They also exploded several nukes in the upper atmosphere, despite fears that the explosion might set the atmosphere on fire.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo
Good one OP. I always thought they must have tried this, but kept it a secret. This is the first time I've seen anything about it, and a video no less. Why isn't this better known? or is it just me?

(failed spot-check)

It's just you. If you look at the freeze-frame in the OP, you might notice that the the newspaper coverage gave it front-page, bold-type w/ photo.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Saint Exupery]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheChemist187
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Your thread is misleading, this happened 50 years ago.

lol, no it isn't. he didn't say it was happening today or 20 minutes ago or suddenly during the past week. it would only be misleading if he had stated any time besides the correct one. he didn't state any time though, so the statement in the thread is true as far as history is concerned. thanks for the exceptional post and insight though.

no offense but i think there are other threads floating around about starfish prime.

we watched these videos in debate class. there is something so phenomenally fascinating and truly awesome about witnessing these explosions--i can't figure it out.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Operation Starfish Prime was just a part of Operation Fishbowl, which was a part of Operation Dominick. A series of nuclear tests in which 40 nuclear weapons were detonated in the span of only 7 months with yields ranging from 7 kilotons to 8.3 megatons. 6 of the detonations failed, and 7 others results or yields are unknown.

So over the course of 7 months, atleast 27 nuclear weapons were successfully detonated, 22 of them over Christmas Island.

As of now the island has a population of around 5,000 people. I wonder, why is Chernobyl a virtually wasteland, but even after 22 nuclear tests this island is able to be inhabited?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
There would be no "fall-out" Fall out is the return to earth of all of the now radioactive debris displaced by the explosion. (ie. dust, dirt, soil, )

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Who knows what the government does nowadays.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by yyyyyyyyyy

Hi everyone

1,17 in the video,

That is crazy stuff, MSM fails again, is there any other info on this event, I would add more but don't know what to say... for once a thread title that does what it says.

No the MSM did not fail again. This was all over the TV and newspaper when it happened IN 1962..

I agree with others. The thread title is misleading and makes it seem like the US is setting off nukes in space now.

America, the USSR and China set off tons of nukes in the back then during the cold war. Old news.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Here is a list of all nuclear tests above 40km:

Country Date Yield Height (km) Name

USA 8/1/1958 3.8MT 76.8 Hardtack-Teak
USA 8/12/1958 3.8MT 43 Hardtack-Orange
USA 8/27/1958 1.7KT 200 Argus I
USA 8/21/1958 1.7KT 256 Argus II
USA 9/6/1958 1.7KT 539 Argus III
USSR 10/27/1961 1.2KT 300
USSR 10/27/1961 1.2KT 180
USA 7/9/1962 1.45MT 399 Starfish Prime