It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All the hikes in cigarette taxes are making the problem worse, not better!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Actually, the effect of such a large tax will have another averse effect on the revenues due to people quitting. Despite what you may think, this will be the impetus some need to actually kick the habit. Studies have shown that when sin-taxes reach a certain threshold, they completely implode the income stream as people turn away from the taxed product.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

OK, I don't know which is more hysterical, the fact that you try to use defend your lack of research or source material by finding something in my link to defend your position, or the fact that you seem to be telling us that we should trust the tobacco companies to tell the truth...

But hey, if it helps you sleep at night....

reply to post by nvprose1

WOW! Nice use of ad homimems! I would also recommend that you review the Terms and Conditions here on ATS, in particular:

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. You will also not use common alternative spellings or net-speak alternative for profane words.

With that said, I never said that I advocated making them illegal, just that is about the only way you stand a chance of getting rid of the problem. There is a difference, Tex! And on the subject of Texas, let's take a look at the two biggest contributions the State of Texas has made to the rest of the country in the last ten years:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f511b9f2b51f.jpg[/atsimg]

and

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5646f3bb539a.jpg[/atsimg]

In fact, what was the last positive thing to come out of Texas???

So go ahead and smoke yourself into a nice big tumor. My dad died of lung cancer. It's a horrific and painful way to go! But if you really want to kill yourself, and you seem to be hell bent on defending your right to do so, do us all a big favor and just eat a bullet. It's cheaper (only 10 cents each), it's much quicker, and it's far less painful to you and the rest of society.

<< 1   >>

join