It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all those with siginificnt others, that dont understand.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamwalker74

I have been battling with my husband for the last 10 years over my beliefs and thoughts. He has come around some but at first he totally shut down. Even now just when I think "Wow he's actually understand a lot of this" he will revert back to shutting down or saying that I'm crazy. Two things have really helped me though. One is he has actually witnessed his first ufo with me, and two, He works with a guy that is very open minded and he talks to my husband about a lot of the things I have tried to talk to him about. Now he sees that I'm not by far the only person that sees things this way and that researches this stuff.

We still do some disagreeing in Religous things....I think just because he is scared to see thing in another light for fear of going to hell. I do have one bit of advice that I wish I would have followed back ten years ago. Life would be so much easier if you are able to find a significant other that is more open minded and does have similar beliefs and understandings that you do!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Maybe it`s better this way, at least for now. I know a lot of guys who enjoy being able to step away from the "crazy world of conspiracies" and into the arms of their loved one. When I had a similar experience, I did the same. Because in reality, you don`t know if half the conspiracies you read about are real, so she`s not to blame for not wanting to believe them. And it`s nice to have a comfortable place to go to when things get crazy. And yeah I know your thinking: who better to have as a "research partner" than my significant other? But it wont work out like you think. She may be drawn to different conspiracies than you & it could cause a rift in your relationship if she suddenly joins the "reptilian overlord believers" camp, and your more into the stuff like the oil-spill, n.w.o., and things a little less "out there". That`s just an example of course. But what if you awaken her and for some reason, the timing of it all leads to her wanting to find another boyfriend, one who "understands" her fear of the "reptilians"... when all you wanted was someone to talk to about the conspiracies you believe in. Just sayin`... Oh and when I was in a similar situation, I still talked about SOME of the stuff and was adament about certain little things like not trusting certain corporations, avoiding certain foods, etc. And as long as I had a logical reason that I could explain to her, she was pretty cool about it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I just made a break-thru last night. I was watching an End-of-Days television show with my g/f. She started getting scared, and I asked her why. We talked and I found out that she is scared that after next year we are all going to die. I had to explain that this is only one of many different opinions that are out there in the world. Before that night, she had always turned me out any time I began talking about different "conspiracy" theories.

I think that by just watching things that might peek an interest you may be able to get some sort of emotion out of them. Its only a start, but after I explained a few theories as to what MAY happen, and showing that I have a large knowledge of facts and opinions, that she has become more open to talking about things. I started by making her understand that I don't "know" what is going to happen, but I know what is going on today that could lead to different possible outcomes.

I think the real reason some people are so opposed to talking and thinking about these things is because they are truly afraid of them. They are worried that if something bad happens that no one is prepared to do anything about them. I explained that a LOT of people are currently discussing what would NEED to be done if these things should happen. Now she is more comfortable talking about them because she knows that its not all scare-tactics, but rather true preparation for the unforeseeable variables that are looming in front of us these days. She is still skeptical, but that is expected. I only just got her to open her eyes, I think the "light" is still hurting her eyes, and making her head hurt.

I say talk to them. Open their eyes a little bit. If they can see the truth just a little bit, they have potential. If they stay shut down after that, then there is very little hope for them to wake up and see the truth that is all around them. There is, after all, a reason we came up with and use the term "sheeple". Not everyone will be able to see the truth. These are the people that are never going to be able to talk about this stuff with an open mind. Nor do they want to try.

OH YEAH! My girlfriend didn't even know that Yellowstone is a super volcano! She has her master's in marketing (yeah, the irony, I know) but she is so tuned out of the things that aren't talked about in the MSM, that I sometimes wonder how I am going to talk about some of MY fears and desires to prepare with her. I always tell people, I fear no man... but nature is a mean b--ch and needs to be feared. --- I mean really... who doesn't understand how Yellowstone national park was created and why we are only just figuring out it is a huge volcano? I honestly had to explain that it is too big to notice while standing in a caldera... then she asked... what's a caldera?.... ugh. I love her to death, but I can see this is going to take some patience
and smooth wording

edit on 1/24/2011 by Seitler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I thought I was the only one! I have always found conspiracy theories fascinating, and my addiction to them started with all the 2012 hype last year. My boyfriend and I have been together for two years and I am pretty sure he thinks I am going crazy! I have an anxiety disorder, and he thinks all this madness isn't helping me. I try to argue that being aware of what others think is going on is so important because it's people like me who are curious. Which is why I look here! But there are some big meanies on this website!! I have been reading and reading for a while, and just recently decided to sign up and start contributing (although very minimally) I am just mostly curious to know what others have to say.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join