It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracies and women

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Women and conspiracies? I was shocked to find my grandmother who was born in 1909 had a whole room devoted to books on conspiracies, religions, metaphysics, the occult, reincarnation, etc some dating back to the 1920's!
Hundreds of books! These are just a tiny fraction of books I borrowed from her library. She passed away 15 yrs ago and her library remains as it was. I have a lot of reading to do!

Flying Saucer Occupants
Mars and the Mystery of Creation
Edgar Cayce The Sleeping Phophet
Reincarnation of Peter Proud
The Astral Body
The Enigma of Out of Body Travel
Psychic Travel
Helping yourself with Self-Hypnosis
Practical Occultism in Daily LIfe
Extrasensory Perception
Dead Sea Scrolls
Spirit Communication for the Millions
A World Beyond
Gods from Outer Space
The Edge of the Unknown
Deceptions and Myths of the Bible
Citizens of the Cosmos
The Symbolic Prophesies of the Great Pyramid
Magic White and Black
The Tibetan Book of the Dead
Lost books of the Bible
Max Heindel's Letters to Students ( The Rosicrucian Fellowship)
Back to Eden
Psychic Discoveries behind the Iron Curtain
The Brotherhood of Light Raphael's Ephemeris for 1920
Six lessons in Crystal Gazing 1928
All the World Fortune Teller 1926
The Book of Forbidden Knowledge 1928
The Hidden Dangers in Polio Vaccine 1960 ( includes fluoride in drinking water, etc)
Prediction 1942
How to Study Occult Philosophy 1956
Occult Phenomena, Mysteries and Philosophy 1963
The Hollow Earth (Admiral Richard E. Byrd)1977

Hundreds of booklets from
Universal Church of Scientific Truth

I don't think it's odd that women are into this stuff, but I do think it's not so common for her generation to be so involved in things of this nature.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by virraszto]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I think women want to stick to the social rules of society more then men.
And since conspiracy theorists tend to be look upon as paranoid outcasts wearing tinfoil hats by the main stream media and government women avoid this area.
Just one example of women trying to stick to a groups rules is, when i was 15
my class was on a school tour in Amsterdam we had one strict rule no drink and drugs.One day we were allowed to go shopping on our own and my friend started walking towards a coffee house. None of the guys cared, but the girls all started shouting at him to stop, he was a bit surprised and didn't go in.

Thats when I realized women are more content sticking to the rules then men who seem to be more adventurous and want to change things. Maybe that's why world leaders are usually men.Just my theory anyways.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exv8densez

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
I....
The question we as Men have to ask ourselves is " is this our fault ? " Did society tell them to act dumb ? How many Men out there really respect a strong Woman's opinion instead of finding it threatening ?

Well, there you go; there lies the problem. Almost in every civilization, since the dawn of time, the female has always been used as the barometer for the male to mesure his “statue”.

I think this IS the fault of men.........it is an EGO issue.......
Men must feel superior to the woman he chooses as a mate, either he conquers her sexually or he conquers her mentally. If and when a man feels 'threatened' by a strong female he does NOT see her as attractive....he see's her as trying to 'outdo' him because of how competitive men are, and he will loose sexual interest.
He may enjoy the banter with a stimulating conversationalist but when it comes to choosing a mate, he tends to chose the one he feels more protective of...........and for a woman to be seen as in need of this male protection she MUST be submissive to this EGO side of a man....ergo 'needing' him............cooing to him "Ohhhh your SO BIG and your SO SMART, your my HERO"..........

The old Barbra Streisand movie called 'YENTEL' is all about this very subject.......Yentel is very smart and outspoken, but woman were not allowed to study in collage, so she dresses as a man....she becomes best friends with this other man, who when he learns she is in fact a she, he no longer see's her as even quite human......because woman NEED to worry about being feminine and soft and not strong willed and smart.....in the end, poor smart and witty Yentel is left alone, while the man she crossed wits with runs after a woman with fluffy curls and a shy giggle.

In the real world many men say they want a smart woman.......and the smarter woman know to keep most ideas they have to themselves so that the man can feel superior.......because men have NO desire for a woman he feels is unconquerable........he does not want to fight a war he will never win...so the smart woman allows for him to 'reign supreme'

All woman know that when they set their sights on a certain man, they NEED to be softer and more 'needy' and to never EVER out smart the guy in a serious conversation, as this causes him to look elsewhere for a mate.
So in truth, it is just easier for the females to not even bother with the inner workings of major appliances, when they are busy trying to figure out the inner workings of a mans ego & heart.

heh................I could be wrong..... but.............look around.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Men do what they do so that they can impress you. If it wasnt for you gals, we wouldnt need or want trinkets designed for nothing more than to attract you. You know, the ones that you tell us we should get any way possible as long as you dont hear the details.
So I think, it's your fault by not keeping your men in line.
Nothing is as strong and influential as a woman that keeps her knees together.
Sorry, but I'm not buying it, especially from someone representing herself as a 'goddess', and not 'full partner' which is inherently the problem.
Nice try though..

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ReAlIzAtIoN

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....female here ...and it didn't take 9/11 for me to realize that government in general is b.s.

Knew that government/religion/many other systems are B.S. at like the age of 7...I turned 25 on 7/30.

Way past conspiracies because 99% of them are nothing more than the equivalent of the shiney.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join