It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World tired of us: Israeli minister

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Masinger

makes you wonder who wanted to murder Jesus, where is His body anyway? did he murder anyone? are you the King?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

That's lovely and all but I'm not fighting Saladin in a crusade. I'm in America and don't care. Let the region be glassed. There is more peace to be found there in rubble than in glory.

That was not my point......

There will always be people to fight for Jerusalem, this should be obvious by now....

But know that only you can diminish your own light within your soul.

But i'm sure you know this......and don't care.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by theodorej

all men were born of women just as Jesus Christ and he loves the Natives too, I think his body eventually encompasses all

I tell you, among those born of women there is no one greater than John; yet the one who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he."-Luke7.28

The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them.-Is11.6

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by LittleSecret

Expanding Jewish settlements is not protecting its citizens, continuing the occupation is not protecting its citizens.

See, there's the problem right there. The use of the term "occupation" regarding Israel betrays a political bias, and is factually incorrect. Israel is the legitimate government. Deal with it. Calling it an "occupation" is like calling the government of France an "occupying force".

I debate this as well. What do you call it when someone comes on your land kicks you off and then lives there? Sounds like "occupation" to me.

Edit: The pic is too wide. Open it in another window to see what the Palestinians are living on today.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by intrepid]

That's really a "chicken or egg" sort of argument. Who "invaded" first, and how far back in history are we allowed to go?

That area, astride ancient trade routes, has always been under contention. Nowadays, it's more of a religious war than a control of trade routes war, but the islamic invasion goes back to the trade routes rationale, tat was painted to be a religious thing. Mohanned was a merchant, and was acutely aware of the power that controlling trade routes presented, as were his successors who actually accomplished the islamic invasion in, I believe, 638 AD if memory serves.

They then used the myth of the "Miraj", Mohammed's alleged night journey, to declare Jerusalem as islamic holy ground, thus securing their claim to the area. Interestingly, it was quite some time after that invasion that the "holy ground" declaration was made.

Before that, it was the Byzantines, whom the Muslims called "Romans", before them it was the actual Romans, before them the Persians, before them the Assyrians, before them the Babtylonians... going on back to the Canaanites.

ALL of it was over the control of trade routes, which no longer applies. Now, the claim is "islamic holy ground" on one side, and "jewish holy ground" on the other, but Israel has a leg up on the argument by virtue of their brokered statehood.

Recently, I've seen the Palestinians try to change the argument to heredity, claiming to be direct descendants of the Canaanites.

So how far back do we take the argument? Or should we just deal with what IS, on the ground, now?

Concerning the map, you are correct, the ground lost by Palestinians is 'captured' ground, under 'occupation'. That's one of the unpleasant effects of waging war - there's always the possibility you may lose what little you already have.

I still maintain that if the Palestinians unilaterally ended their side of the hostilities, Israel would be caught between a rock and a hard place. Couldn't 'retaliate' with any kind of justification any more, and would likely have to give back the occupied territory, as there would be no further excuse for occupation.

As long as everyone is still swinging, everyone is going to continue swinging, and trying to jockey for justification.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

I feel as if taking a side in this argument diminished the light of my soul, seeing as Jesus Christ pretty much destroyed the importance of Jerusalem by saying that God now resides in man, thus making the temple, and the entire contested argument, null for my beliefs.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
he's correct. i spent time in my life as a christian and a jew, so hate on me if you want, but i have a basis.

isreal is becoming evil. they take and take and take. attacking with guns and tanks people who only have rocks and bikes. and using the only form of fighting they have (bombings) as the justification for mass murder and land theft. whatever happened in the past has passed. most of the muslims in that area just want to live. thats all. and most of the jewsin that area want the same. peace. but the msm keeps driving them to murder, both sides. this is the great falsified holy war.

its not jews vs muslims. thats what they want us to believe. and theyve gotten us to believe it. thats why all this is happening. if you argue with that, you are a war monger and hate perpetuator. all humans want is to live and exist. why are we made to kill each other?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
he's a f* genius
o rly...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I say give them the south west border states. Then they use they're teqniques against the mexicans. I bet the Israelies counld secure the border.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PunisherSupreme

And I confer on you a kingdom, just as my Father conferred one on me-Luke22.29

They will spring up like grass in a meadow,
like poplar trees by flowing streams.
One will say, 'I belong to the LORD ';
another will call himself by the name of Jacob;
still another will write on his hand, 'The LORD's,'
and will take the name Israel.-Is44.4

But I tell you, Do not swear at all: either by heaven, for it is God's throne; 35or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King.-Matt5.34

But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother.-Ga4.26

we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.-1Tim4.10

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Titan Uranus

Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."-Luke23.33

Mercy triumphs over judgment!-James2.12

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by No King but Jesus
reply to post by Masinger

makes you wonder who wanted to murder Jesus, where is His body anyway? did he murder anyone? are you the King?

exactly! there is no body. there was no historical evidence at all of his existence till 320ad! there were hundreds of historians alive during his time. thats weird. yet you believe in him. not to mention its weird that its the exact same plagirised story from most religions.

i wonder if you live to quote him (bs), or live to be him (correct). are you a christian or a christ-ian? i wonder if you see all the evil that has been committed in his name. i wonder if you see duality. i wonder if you see that you are just continuing this evil. i wonder if you see that all history and religion is just murder and its justification. control.

seek truth for humanity here and now. christ has nothing to do with the peace and love in your heart. if he does then you have major issues and you are in constant peril, and i can understand how you need a security blanket. and why you NEED to believe in heaven. but if you see earth and existence as heaven and humans as god, then and only then will we have peace and freedom.

limitless compassion sucks cause it means i gotta have compassion for people like you. people who have caused all this by putting something (anything) before humanity.

if god came to you and told you to kill muslims you would. you have no place in this world. except as a target to the muslim opposite of you.

now go ahead and attack me viciously, thats all your kind knows. i wont respond, thats how my kind wins.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

yes you should, I'm the fastest copy and paster in the West, can all your thoughts be traced to something?

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mav0360

If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken— 36what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? -John10.35

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

If someone asks him, 'What are these wounds on your body ?' he will answer, 'The wounds I was given at the house of my friends.'-Zech13.6

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mav0360

There is plenty of proof of Jesus. Only 60 AD, the first break off heretics forms and started writing about him.

Josephus write of him too. So many claim he is a bad source. Why?

In addition, There were vast catacombs in Rome BY 300 AD that would take at least a century or two to build.

There are other heretical groups who go back to 100 AD who cut themselves off from the world and wrote about their beliefs.

There is plenty of proof of Jesus Christ having existed. I think you are just too lazy to go find it.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Crimson_King

Did you not know that I must be about My Father’s business?”-Luke2.49

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by tooo many pills

I would have given them North Dakota. Minus the Indian land of course.

Nuts to that. Both my kids were born there... Give them Chicago.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I feel as if taking a side in this argument diminished the light of my soul,

I feel the same way...

seeing as Jesus Christ pretty much destroyed the importance of Jerusalem by saying that God now resides in man, thus making the temple, and the entire contested argument, null for my beliefs.

Jesus did in no way destroy the importance of Jerusalem, although he did try.

What he did do is teach others how to teach others that God resides in Man and always has.

Jerusalem is but a field of weeds waring for dominance of what they believe is a field of corn. In constant waring the field has been turned to glass many times over and this will never change.

But there is corn within this field of weeds and it's ears must be reaped with the gospel from within those who know where the true temple resides.

Like a highway at night full of cars with no lights on, one must blink their lights to others who have them off but most people only blink their lights on a highway if someone is driving slow and not care if those with no lights beside them crash.

These are the hidden sides you should concern yourself to choose from and not worry about the sides of those waring in a field of weeds.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Izarith]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Reply to post by mamabeth

star for you.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Jesus said the secret to the keys of heaven is desiring salvation and continuously seeking it, like a jihad of sorts on knowledge.

In order to be saves one must believe Jesus is lord, God. They must also spread those teachings and act in the way he described in his golden rule.

It's three mandatory rules. it's what he said. I don't think you fully understand that.

No where did Jesus praise what Jerusalem is, other than calling it full of hypocrites and the laws of man. He got upset for their desecration for what it meant in that time. But Jesus said that the temple would fall and rise again, in him, 3 days later.

So for all what you say, you have not gotten the point, assuming you are trying to follow what Jesus said.

He desired:

Faith in him

Acting by the Golden rule

and teaching others this life.

That is what is needed for salvation. That is what he proclaimed.

Now as for the topic at hand, Jerusalem provides no purpose anymore. Jesus made himself the temple. And in doing so, God lives in all men for all men live and die through Christ's word.

And no, God's spirit did not always reside in man. For God so says:

"My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh"

And indeed, there is corn to be found in the weeds of Jerusalem. However, to harvest them is to have them find Christ and not worry about Jerusalem anymore.

For God also says he will destroy the city and make an eternal one in the heavens above. So to fight over that which will inevitably be destroyed is pointless and comparable to two penguins fighting over a fish on a piece of ice sheet as an ice breaker storms forward. If they continue to fight for the fish, they will both die. If they stop fighting over that which does not matter, then they will be saved and receive new fish.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Gorman91]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join