It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arkaim - The Russian Stonehenge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hi all.

I stumbled across this recently and have been having trouble finding more information about Arkaim. There have been reports of magnetic anomalies, strange lights, light flashes, fog clusters, and other things like trees in the nearby forests suffer from cancerous snags, and their trunks are crooked. In forest ecology, a snag refers to a standing, partly or completely dead tree, often missing a top or most of the smaller branches. Arkaim was built with four entrances to the city strictly oriented at cardinal points. The town was found to be closely aligned to several celestial reference points, and is believed to have been an observatory as well as a fortress and a religious center.

en.wikipedia.org...

It also appears in the reading that I have been doing that there are magnetic anomalies, and even stranger happenings there.

The growth near Grachinaya Mountain (also called Blessed) is infamous. Birch trunks there are abnormally crooked at the bottom. They say people cannot stay there for too long, otherwise they risk losing their mind.

Once during archeological excavations a female student heard a voice that called her to the center of the structure. She went there alone, and cried for a long time when she came back. She said she met ghosts of ancient Arkaim residents. She had to be sent to a psychiatric facility.

______beforeitsnews/story/82/138/Arkaim,_Russias_Strongest_Anomaly_Zone,_Home_of_Russian_Stonehenge.htm

There are 3 different sites in Arkaim. The first, conventional Arkaim, is the ruins that are shown to tourists today. The second Arkaim is located a little further, in a place where excavations are still going on and where visitors are not allowed. And finally, the third Arkaim, where even locals wont go.

Has anyone heard of/been here at all? I would love some first hand accounts. The more I read the more I am seeing there is a great lack of material related to the digs going on there. Most of what i am reading seems to be a repeat from one site to another. I would love some help trying to find more out about Arkaim and the anomalies that occur in the region there.

~Druidae

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Druidae]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Druidae

Although I cannot be more help, I do find what you have to be really interesting.

Sounds like a job for Josh Gates and the Destination Truth crew to go there and check it out. If we were so lucky.

Cool find and I hope this thread catches on!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I would love to see the Destination Truth guys check it out. I just found an interesting article.

All circumferences have one center where all radial feeders meet together. This circular structure is star-oriented, and the design itself looks like a model of the Universe.

According to the research conducted by archeologist Konstantin Bystrushkin, Arkaim tracks 18 astronomical events. They include sunsets and sunrises on the days of equinox and solstice, as well as sunsets and sunrises during low and high Moon.

The famous Stonehenge, a mysterious circle of upright stones, has fewer astronomically traceable events. Interestingly enough, both architectural structures are located at the same geographical latitude.

I'm gonna repeat this part: Interestingly enough, both architectural structures are located at the same geographical latitude.

WHAT? For them to be so far apart and on the same latitude is just crazy. I wonder if they had some sort of contact with the group of people who built stonehenge?

Locals believe it to be a sacred place. Pilgrims come here all year round to get some healing water from the Bolshaya Karaganka River, and in the summer they coat themselves with clay. They say it helps treating skin diseases.

english.pravda.ru...

so it actually tracks more astronomical events than Stonehenge does. That's nuts. I will keep digging and post any other info i can find. I too hope this thread catches on, and was suprised that there was not a thread on this already.

I did find one site that shows some of the magnetic anomalies here. If you scroll down the page you cant miss them.

~Druidae

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Druidae]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Excellent find! S & F!

I'm surprised I've never heard of this location before. This is a very important site.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1ea8e27d4147.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/503367686b40.jpg[/atsimg]

"A flight above Arkaim on board a helicopter gives you an incredible impression. The huge concentric circles on the valley are clearly visible. The town and its outskirts are all enclosed in the circles.

We still do not know, what point the gigantic circles have, whether they were made for defensive, scientific, educational, or ritual purposes.

Some researchers say that the circles were actually used as the runway for an ancient spaceport," Vadim Chernobrovy said.

Source

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Druidae

Hiya Druidae. UNESCO published a report that includes several pages about Arkaim. It begins on Page 33...The Discovery of Arkaim.

It seems to have attracted elements of the lunatic fringe including white power nationalists, psychics and self-proclaimed gurus...

There has been an endless influx of tourists, prominent among whom have been followers of the teaching of Rereck, 1 astrologers, practitioners of the occult, neopaganists, followers of Hare Krishna, fire worshippers and simply people eager to be cured of crippling diseases.

The most popular festival is the Night of Ivan Kupala, 21/22 June, when there are heathen rituals here, accompanied by dancing and leaping over fires, mass orgies with bathing in the river, meditation and singing. The valley is visited by pregnant women, who believe that the waters of the Karaganka river are at least as beneficial as those of the Ganges. Tourists love to climb the Bald Mountain that rises above the valley and spend hours there ‘tapping’ energy from outer space.

Apart from the racist and nationalist aspects, it sounds like a standard festival event like Glastonbury weekend

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks for the help! The link you provided unfortunately does not work for me, but I will look for the doc. I also read how it is shaped *rolls eyes* like a swastika. Some people just see what they want to see.

There are 3 different sites in Arkaim. The first, conventional Arkaim, is the ruins that are shown to tourists today. The second Arkaim is located a little further, in a place where excavations are still going on and where visitors are not allowed. And finally, the third Arkaim, where even locals wont go.
- From my OP

Also, the tourists are only allowed in the first area. Remember there are a total of 3 area's that make up Arkaim. I am more interested in the part that "even the locals wont go to", which would be the 3rd part that has not had any digs going on at all. I was reading in a article that there are strange scorch marks on some of the trees. I will have to find the article again to source the info. The racist and nationalist aspects have no interest to me at all. Once i am done uploading videos for another project that I am working on for my business, I will be able to switch logins and see if I can find anything with google earth.

~Druidae

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Druidae]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Arkaim (Russian: Аркаим) is an archaeological site situated in the Southern Urals steppe, 8.2 kilometres (5.1 mi) north-to-northwest of Amurskiy, and 2.3 km (1.4 mi) south-to-southeast of Alexandronvskiy, two villages in the Chelyabinsk Oblast, Russia, just to the north from the Kazakhstani border.

The site is generally dated to the 17th century BC. Earlier dates, up to the 20th century BC, have been proposed. It was a settlement of the Sintashta-Petrovka culture.

The site was discovered in 1987 by a team of Chelyabinsk scientists who were preparing the area to be flooded in order to create a reservoir, and examined in rescue excavations led by Gennadii Zdanovich.

Although the settlement was burned and abandoned, much detail is preserved. Arkaim is similar in form but much better preserved than neighbouring Sintashta, where the earliest chariot was unearthed. The site was protected by two circular walls. There was a central square, surrounded by two circles of dwellings separated by a street. The settlement covered ca. 20,000 m2 (220,000 sq ft). The diameter of the enclosing wall was 160 m (520 ft). It was built from earth packed into timber frames, and reinforced with unburned clay brick, with a thickness of 4–5 m (13–16 ft). and a height of 5.5 m (18 ft). The settlement was surrounded with a 2 m (6 ft 7 in)-deep moat.

There are 4 entrances into the settlement through the outer and inner wall with the main entrance to the west. The dwellings were between 110–180 m2 (1,200–1,900 sq ft) in area. The outer ring of dwellings number 39 or 40, with entrances to a circular street in the middle of the settlement. The inner ring of dwellings number 27, arranged along the inner wall, with doors to the central square of 25 by 27 m (82 by 89 ft). The central street was drained by a covered channel. Zdanovich estimates that approximately 1500 to 2500 people could have lived in the settlement.

Surrounding Arkaim's walls, were arable fields, 130–140 m by 45 m (430–460 ft by 150 ft), irrigated by a system of canals and ditches. Remains of millet and barley seeds were found.

Since its discovery, Arkaim has attracted public and media attention in Russia, from a broad range of the population, including esoteric, New Age and pseudoscientific organizations. It is said to be the most enigmatic archaeological site within the territory of Russia.

Observatory
The similarity of latitude, date, and size led some archaeoastronomists (Bystrushkin 2003) to compare Arkaim with Stonehenge in England. According to their claims, the Neolithic observatory at Stonehenge allowed for observation of 15 astronomical phenomena using 22 elements, whereas the contemporaneous observatory at Arkaim allowed for observation of 18 astronomical phenomena using 30 elements. The precision of measurements in Stonehenge is estimated at 10 arc-minutes to a degree, that in Arkaim being put at 1 arc-minute. Such a precision of astronomical observations was not repeated until the compilation of Almagest about 2 millennia later. The interpretation as an observatory for either Stonehenge or Arkaim is not universally accepted.

The ancient Ural fortress Arkaim located in the Chelyabinsk region is called “Russian Stonehenge.” In addition to streets and buildings ruins scientists found remnants of the water system, metallurgic furnaces, and mines. It is also believed to be one of the strongest anomaly zones in Russia.

It is worth mentioning that Arkaim, a fortified settlement of the Bronze Age was built with four entrances to the city strictly oriented at cardinal points. It was built according to a previously designed plan, with a high level of precision. All circumferences have one center where all radial feeders meet together. This circular structure is star-oriented, and the design itself looks like a model of the Universe.

According to the research conducted by archeologist Konstantin Bystrushkin, Arkaim tracks 18 astronomical events. They include sunsets and sunrises on the days of equinox and solstice, as well as sunsets and sunrises during low and high Moon.

The famous Stonehenge, a mysterious circle of upright stones, has fewer astronomically traceable events. Interestingly enough, both architectural structures are located at the same geographical latitude.

Arkaim is interesting not only as a historic monument. There is a great deal of evidence suggesting that it is one of the strongest anomaly zones in Russia. UFOs were observed in the area on several occasions shaped as light flashes, moving circles and fog clusters.

Locals believe it to be a sacred place. Pilgrims come here all year round to get some healing water from the Bolshaya Karaganka River, and in the summer they coat themselves with clay. They say it helps treating skin diseases
The mountains surrounding the fortress are also unusual. The most famous one is Shamanka (or Bold Mountain). People climb to its top to get some positive energy, pray or meditate. People in serious medical condition are brought there for healing.

Visitors come to the top of Repentance Mountain to ask for forgiveness. Love Mountain is believed to bring personal luck. The nearby Male Forest is visited by women who have relationship problems. The rumor has it, a walk in this forest will make a woman popular with men.

The growth near Grachinaya Mountain (also called Blessed) is infamous. Birch trunks there are abnormally crooked at the bottom. They say people cannot stay there for too long, otherwise they risk losing their mind.

Once during archeological excavations a female student heard a voice that called her to the center of the structure. She went there alone, and cried for a long time when she came back. She said she met ghosts of ancient Arkaim residents. She had to be sent to a psychiatric facility.

There are at least two places that should be called Arkaim. The first, conventional Arkaim, is the ruins that are shown to tourists today.

The second Arkaim is located a little further, in a place where excavations are still going on and where visitors are not allowed. And finally, the third Arkaim, where for some unknown reasons even locals do not go to.

Perhaps 100,000 years ago or more, so the hypothesis runs, a great star-gazing Ice Age people lived in the Arctic region, at that time a temperate zone, before migrating south to Inner Asia as conditions changed and the great ice sheets melted. There, in a fertile, paradisaical land, these unknown sages became the core of a Ural-Altaic race that continued to evolve over the millennia, improving the stock of primitive humanity by intermarriage, developing cosmological sciences and political structures that sowed the seeds of our present civilised state, migrating across the earth and then disappearing, leaving immortal legends about itself behind.

The British author John Michell cites the massive evidence for such a civilisation, which he regards as essentially magical, and still faintly visible across the earth for those who care to look:

The entire surface of the earth is marked with the traces of a gigantic work of prehistoric engineering, the remains of a once universal system of natural magic, involving the use of polar magnetism together with another positive force related to solar energy. Of the various human and superhuman races that have occupied the earth in the past, we have only the dreamlike accounts of the earliest myths. All we can suppose is that some overwhelming disaster… destroyed a system whose maintenance depended upon its control of certain natural forces across the entire earth.2
Michell is one voice among many claiming that in the archives of prehistoric peoples a forgotten race has left traces of an advanced body of knowledge, seemingly both spiritual and technological, which can guide us, if we will, into a viable future.

Despite being ignored by mainstream historians and anthropologists, this theory is being ever more insistently put forward by highly accredited researchers as evidence for the enormous age of our species continues to be found not only in the legends of races in every part of the planet but also in the thousands of technological anomalies being unearthed in unlikely geological strata.

The ancient Greek historians had much to say on this subject, especially concerning the legends of Asia Minor which told of the descent thereto, in the depths of the Ice Ages, of the Hyperboreans, a mysterious race of superior beings from polar regions whose Pillar works on earth sought to mirror the starry heavens above. Yet it is Central and Inner Asia further to the east, a vast land of steppes, mountains and sandy deserts, whose people preserve the most significant memories of a time beyond telling when cities populated the deserts and an Elder race walked tall on the earth. And it is these Ural-Altaic regions that are now taking centre stage as the search continues for the roots of homo sapiens and the path into a viable future.

----------------------------------------

Constructed on a circular principle around a central square, with about sixty semi-dugout houses built within its ramparts, the settlement was situated in the southern Urals, near the Russian city of Chelyabinsk. It was defended by two concentric ramparts of clay and adobe blocks on a wooden frame, and could only be entered via four intricately constructed passageways that would have made the entrance of enemies extremely difficult. The inhabitants and the common central square were thus well protected by Arkaim’s defensive, inward-turned ground plan. The town was found to be closely aligned to several celestial reference points, and is therefore believed to have been an observatory as well as a fortress, an administrative and a religious centre.

Dubbed “the Russian Stonehenge,” this Bronze age settlement was about 3,600 years old and was contemporaneous with the Cretan-Mycenaean civilisation, with the Egyptian Middle Kingdom and with the Mesopotamian and Indus valley civilisations, and older by several centuries than Homer’s fabled Troy, whose circular layout it so closely resembled. Arkaim was inhabited for 200 years and was then mysteriously burned down and deserted.
The Russian team’s explorations showed that Arkaim enjoyed an advanced technology for its time. It was equipped with a drainage gutter and storm sewage system and had actually been protected from fire: the timbered flooring of the houses and the houses themselves were imbued with a fireproof substance – a strong compound the remnants of which can still be found in the ruins. Each house gave onto an inner ring road paved with wooden blocks; and in each house there was a hearth, a well, cellars, an oven and provision for a cooled food storage system. The oven was such that it may have been possible to smelt bronze in it, as well as to fire pottery.

Subsequent to this exciting excavation, more than another twenty fortified settlements and necropolises were unearthed in the Arkaim Valley, some stone-built, larger and more impressive than Arkaim. With Arkaim possibly its capital, the complex came to be called the Land of Cities and presented scientists with many mysteries. It was the first concrete evidence of a lost neolithic civilisation in southern Russia, confirming what had long been believed, that the southern Urals and northern Kazakhstan, situated at the junction of Asia and Europe, was an important region in the formation of a complex Aryan society.

Ar-ka means sky, and Im means earth, says Alex Sparkey, a Russian writer. He explains that this means Arkaim is a place where the Sky touches the Earth. Here the material and the spiritual are inseparable

The truth is that Arkaim was a troy town, so-called after the city in Asia Minor that the Greek king Agammenon destroyed during the Trojan Wars. Built on the same circular principle as Troy, as described in Homer’s Iliad, but at least six hundred years older, Arkaim finds its prototype in Plato’s Atlantis with its three concentric circles of canals; in legendary Electris, the Hyperborean city some said was built under the Pole Star by the sea-god Poseidon; and in Asgard, the sacred city dedicated to the Norse god Odin that is described in the Icelandic saga, the Edda. All these legendary troy towns have the same circular ground plan. They have gone down in history as neolithic Wisdom centres and the seats of ancient god-kings, and this undoubtedly throws light on the cultic function of Arkaim in its day, as we shall see.

In Russia’s more mystical quarters there is intense interest in the ancient town, seeing it as the city temple built by the legendary King Yama, ruler of the Aryans in the Golden Age, which will once again become the centre of the world.

Note: Please find below our recognition of and great gratitude to only a few of the scientists who have brought this information to public attention.

G.B.Zdanovich – Gennady Borisovich Zdanovich, Doctor of Historical Sciences, chairman of History and Ethnography of Chelyabinsk State University, director of Arkaim reserve, the person who discovered Arkaim.

K.K.Bystrushkin – Konstantin Konstantinovich Bystrushkin, Astro-archeologist.

Ludmila Koryakova – Ural State University; Institute of History and Archeology

Source website; bialczynski.wordpress.com...

This format on Arkaim, by Paulo Riven, Tribes of Atlantis.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by AeJor_Mn]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druidae
I'm gonna repeat this part: Interestingly enough, both architectural structures are located at the same geographical latitude.

WHAT? For them to be so far apart and on the same latitude is just crazy. I wonder if they had some sort of contact with the group of people who built stonehenge?

Arkaim is at Latitude 52.63N

www.megalithic.co.uk...

Stonehenge is Latitude 51.18N

www.megalithic.co.uk...

Close, but no cigar. Only a hundred miles or so out though.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AeJor_Mn

Awesome Aejor_Mn! I actually read this page but was not sure if I should be copying and pasting entire articles or not. Pretty interesting stuff to say the least.

~Druidae

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druidae
reply to post by AeJor_Mn

Awesome Aejor_Mn! I actually read this page but was not sure if I should be copying and pasting entire articles or not. Pretty interesting stuff to say the least.

~Druidae

No, you should normally just quote a pertinent paragraph and then link to the article, rather than pasting the whole thing. With many sites there is also a copyright issue.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

That is what I figured. I am still searching for some solid info on the "third area". There doesn't seem to be much information about it but the occasional brief mention of it. I wish we had someone either who has been there or is local that could check it out.

~Druidae

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
If you notice at the end of my post it says;

This article formatted by Paulo Riven.
Meaning they are quotes from different articles and websites like wikipedia as well.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Kandinsky, I bet you didn't know how right you were when you said that!

It seems to have attracted elements of the lunatic fringe including white power nationalists, psychics and self-proclaimed gurus...

To the usual suspect of endless rants,

I wonder why only 100,000 years ago though. why not 5-6 million or, even better, 5-6 billion?

and I bet they migrated west, across the sea. that face in one of the photos (the last one linked) bears the unmistakable characteristics of divine beings that enlightened the whole world (and left absolutely nothing tangible behind!
)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
This was a massive complex - 20,000 m2 (220,000 sq ft)
www.ermaktravel.com...

top topics

join