It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of Oil Rain?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Then how about this one?

Logic, if you have toxic gasses being released, they go up into the atmosphere and from there go into our rain.

We're not talking just a dead Gulf, possibly a dead atlantic we're now talling about our air and rain being toxic.

If our rain is full of chemicals (like methane, arsnic, benzyne, etc) that frap is going to go into our food, both the fish that survive (and maybe mutate) and into our grains, vegetables and fruit.

It's a delicate balance, ya screw up any of these in a major way and it affects everything else along the chain.

People that don't see this just don't want to see the big picture.

The video below concerns a lake but will explain and show you the power of methane gas.

Can you imagine if TPTB nuke this area now?

A very interesting video.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by icecold7
trust me ignorant americans
u r a word i dont like sayi
ng

Judging by your atrocious posts thus far, there are a lot of words you don't like saying.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
damn this is some scary stuff. i live on the east cost (Connecticut) far from the gulf but Im worried that its not far enough. I wonder how far the oil can travel in the clouds.

what if the relief well's doesn't work or just one of them works and they keep letting all that oil out all while a huge storm forms at the right distance to pick up mostly oil. i couldn't even imagin what that cloud would look like..

makes you wonder if haarp would be used to control that storm, if haarp is for real and it does what ppl think/say it does. what if using haarp sets off another worse event.

i'm afraid we need a miracle..

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Corexit 9500 has the ability to Phase Transition

You wont see U.S. Media talking about this, BP is controlling that.
Check out this article in the E.U. times,
www.eutimes.net...

This will lead to damaged crops and further exacerbate already depleted and will lead to food shortages

[edit on 3-7-2010 by burntheships]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
You know...not to doubt the oil rain theory, but...in one of those videos there, it was a fungus.
That particular plant dominated my back yard, and they constantly had that problem.
However...other than that...I see that oil rain is the least of our worries, at the moment.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
People are forgetting that the evaporation point of oil is massive. The temperatures needed do not naturally occur on earth, however trace amounts may occur in precipitation over time...but not to the extent that many doomsayers are claiming

I for the first time am not going to read the entire thread as this post is the one which need addressed and this information digested by the community in general.

In chemistry a standard method of collecting volatile compounds is steam distillation.
By this process water vapor carries volatile compounds out of a solution and they are cooled ,condensed to liquid again and collected.
Those who are saying that hydrocarbons cannot rain out with water MUST study this standard lab procedure and understand that most of the VOCs except c1-c5 easily are steam distilled at low temps and would condense to liquids at the temps found at cloud level. Hexane and benzene both can easily condense from a vapor to liquid over a narrow temperature range found between the water of the gulf (~80-85F) and at 20,000-30000 ft where the temps are at least 30-60f cooler.
Once the hydrocarbons go from gaseous vapor to liquid they form nucleation points for water to condense on and become part of whatever precipitation the cloud produces.
This is scientific fact and will withstand any scrutiny.
So now let's move on from if there will be hydrocarbon contaminated rain to how much, where and for how long. Time to get serious about the whole "deny ignorance" folks and get some education about the nature and chemistry of what has already been monitored to be present and act accordingly. There are acceptable limits for these compounds and they are being exceeded by many orders of magnitude. In a production facility levels measured would cause a huge response and a ton of safety regulations and protocols put into play. I say study up on how these gasses are handled in production and at what levels then base your response according to at the minimum industry standards (ie; buy a freaking VOC mask people!)
N.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

This is insane aint no oil rain falling!!! I'm looking at the EPA Map right now yah are lunchen....

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
If oil rain was falling more than these morons you see on these Vids would be reporting it, I see the same people reporting this hoax!!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Sigh. What i said was the title was misleading. It claims 'proof' but gives none. Stop putting words in my mouth and attacking straw men.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Some more follow-up pics to
make your stomach turn.
These pics were taken
and uploaded by me.
Pics taken in North Carolina.

here's a potted Evergreen bush --- completely dead left in the rain

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/feebc219e38e.jpg[/atsimg]

here is a pear from a pear tree -- see how the toxins attacked
the top of the pair and the leaf beside it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5151e5256ad6.jpg[/atsimg]

here is some peaches still attached to the limb

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/063d5f0918f7.jpg[/atsimg]

anyone care for a fresh plumb ???

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/790775bf658d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
sorry sir but i still fail to see how some photos of a dead plumb is evidence of toxic oil rain.

I've asked the same question fro weeks now: Have you taken any tests to determine the cause of these images?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

People are forgetting that the evaporation point of oil is massive. The temperatures needed do not naturally occur on earth, however trace amounts may occur in precipitation over time...but not to the extent that many doomsayers are claiming

You may have a point with evaporation points, but the damage is already evident.

Oil is already showing itself through evaporation as rainfall and you are not taking into consideration the various types of oil(from light to heavy) that will evaporate at different rates. Not to mention the corexit that is toxic in a vaporous state.
www.cleancaribbean.org...

I copied this link of the 9500a MSDS before and here it is again.

I expected more from you than just naysaying. This is an ecological mess, and if you don't believe the people in the US saying their crops are damaged and there is oil slick everywhere, then nothing will convince you.

Your statement really disappoints.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by GideonHM]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I can see the headlines now...

"Mansanto saves USA (and everyone who survives on US aid) with release of petroleum and Corexit resistant crops."

It's my opinion, that nearly everything we know about this disaster, with the exception of the fact that the well is leaking, is speculation. I think it will be quite a while before we know just how devastating this is going to be.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Anyone remember the event in 1986 in Camaroon Africa? Strange mysterious gas coming from a nearby lake killed 2000 people almost instantly? They said the lake released a plume of harmful toxins and gases into the air in a form similar to fog that nearly wipe that entire province.

This event became to be known as the Death Fog

Now I'm wondering if a similar event could happen in the gulf with millions of barrels of oil in the ocean and corexit as the icing in hot summer days with the rise of humidity could create a similar "Death Fog" that could kill millions of people?

[edit on 3-7-2010 by samaka]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
reply to post by gambon

show and prove.

photos. something other than just your own words.

Who hired you to derail?

You will always demand proof, but will shoot down everything that shows evidence.

UGH! YOU PROVE, ME RIGHT! Show some evolved behaviors would you?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
more pics taken by me in NC
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b711edd33160.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ae6c4115eb54.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541

It's my opinion, that nearly everything we know about this disaster, with the exception of the fact that the well is leaking, is speculation. I think it will be quite a while before we know just how devastating this is going to be.

You call this speculation?

www.youtube.com...

Do you think that video might just give us some indication of how devastating this spill will be and IS.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
My Father's Gun
Words: Bernie Taupin, Music: Elton John

From this day on I own my father's gun
We dug his shallow grave beneath the sun
I laid his broken body down below the southern land
It wouldn't do to bury him where any Yankee stands

I'll take my horse and I'll ride the northern plain
To wear the colour of the grays and join the fight again
I'll not rest until I know the cause is fought and won
From this day on until I die I'll wear my father's gun

I'd like to know where the riverboat sails tonight
To New Orleans well that's just fine alright
`Cause there's fighting there and the company needs men
So slip us a rope and sail on round the bend

As soon as this is over we'll go home
To plant the seeds of justice in our bones
To watch the children growing and see the women sewing
There'll be laughter when the bells of freedom ring

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
There is zero evidence that the title is accurate

The title of this thread is "Proof of Oil Rain?", perhaps you don't recognise the interrogative punctuation known as a question mark, and ironically, you keep using the word speculation while simultaneously attacking the title as being inaccurate. In all your ceaseless demands for proof, perhaps you should consider the intent of this thread, as clearly denoted in the title, is speculative as indicated by the OP's use of the question mark.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

People are forgetting that the evaporation point of oil is massive.

What about the evaporation point of the oil mixed with the dispersant Corexit.... do you know what that is?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join