It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of Oil Rain?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I have to say, just when I think I can't be any more disturbed, something comes along like this video and proves me wrong.

Realize, people, that much of that footage is from MSM!!!

The oil on the dome is amazing.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by loam]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Here's more of the super dome footage:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Then I see something like this:

Is this stuff for real?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
More:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
But wait I thought many here said this would be an impossibility.
Well from the looks of things it is very possible and is happening. I just wonder what a good sized tropical storm would do to these areas given what we see in the videos?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Thanks for the post loam, that first video is pretty revealing and offered a more current perspective. The oil on the Dome seems like enough probable evidence to warrant some investigation by the local officials/scientists. Surely someone there is testing the precipitation, no? Samples from the dome?
My guess is we will be hearing/seeing this reality come to fruition, along with some of the other "worst case scenarios."

So for weeks now there has been speculation on whether the Corexit mixed with oil will make it able to become rain or not. I am surprised no news teams have done a report on any testing of this theory. Couldn't this be analyzed in a simple experiment in a simple lab?

Peace

[edit on 3-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Im not sure if this will fit but here it goes.
me and my baby girl walked down to check our garden about an hour ago
to check on our corn and water melons.
I snagged a baby corn of a stalk and ate it (I love baby corn)
and it had an after taste of an oil type product I tinker a lot with tractors, lawn mowers and such, and had oil in my mouth before so I know what oil taste like.
I have few friends in our local Dep. of Agriculture I'm going to take a few to them and see what they think.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

Goodness, I hope you are wrong.

Good luck! Report back.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

You and me both.
I'm just hoping its my imagination.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

i tend to think that if you have to use dramatic music and quick, out-of-context editing, you must be lacking good evidence.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

i love when the people in the videos say something like "well, you cant see it well on the video, but we can see it here".

and all his totally uninformed speculation sure is, uninformed and speculative.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Some of the material is more credible than some of the other.

Still, worth additional consideration and vigilance on the subject.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Indeed. I'm just naturally skeptical, especially of videos with quick edits and spooky/dramatic music.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I'm onboard with the concern for hydrocarbon compounds to be picked up in storms and then depositing with the rain; I think a lot more testing and analysis needs to be done in order to say with any credible assurance that that is what is happening -- at least as a result of the BP disaster.

I've just gone through the first three vids, Loam and will watch the rest, as this issue is a great concern for nearly everyone, regardless of your geographical location.

The Corexit 9500 -- I tend to believe (at least right now) that it was used primarily to disguise the oil by causing formation of the oil/water mousse, which seems to reach a slightly negative buoyancy, causing it to sink below the surface, but not entirely to the sea floor. I also think that the nature of Corexit by itself lends itself well to evaporative dispersion, and would be difficult to measure.

I know from personal experience that a major hurricane picks up seawater and deposits that 'saltrain' on land. Hurricane Paloma turned nearly everything on this island gray and dead after it hit here, my garden included as well as most of the native plants and trees. Everything was burned. It took the better part of a year for things to grow back; some of our fruit trees did much better as we used up over 4000 gallons of water to wash them off.

I'd really like to see some analytical testing of both the BP oil and the 'fallout' on these places. I hope it isn't so. I don't doubt it, but would really like to see much more than anecdotal information. Back in the day when I was doing environmental work, atomic absorption or perhaps organic mass spectrometry would've been the testing methodology; likely there is better today.

Thanks much for bringing this to us!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I had a few minutes to ponder that was my first mistake the propeller on my tin foil beanie started spinning and this came to mind.

Codex Alimentarius

Remember that little thing

If they can kill off the food that people raise or render it harmful the FAO and WHO will have control over the food in the US.

How about that for a conspiracy

And to add when the only place to get your viddils is China-Mart this will be the start of Martial law to control the masses from looting and pillaging and then hello FEMA camp.
EDITED to add some more paranoia

[edit on 2-7-2010 by hillbilly4rent]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I'm in south Louisiana not far from the gulf and have been ignoring these reports because i haven't seen anything unusual. The superdome footage has me a bit shocked now. I might take a drive there and see for myself. More shocking though, i decided to go outside and check again. At first, i didn't see anything unusual, then i started looking higher. the higher leaves have spots on them, not sure what it is. I will look again tomorrow at daylight for a closer inspection, it's dark out right now.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

That is exactly what this thread needs. People in the area to confirm or deny any of the material I posted previously.

Let us know what you observe.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
We've had tons of rain all week from the hurricane. It's been pushing the oil closer inland and the wind has been blowing any chemicals that may be in the air, right in our direction. If there is any plant damage, i'll see it. I'm gonna get the ladder out and look high in the trees and inspect the roof.

On another note, I've been sick all week, with severe dizziness and headaches with some nausea. However, no one else around me has had these symptoms so i think it may just be vertigo. I've had it once before but it was several years ago. Today was the first day i felt some relief, and it was the first day we had hardly any rain. Probably just a coincidence though.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
A friend pointed out another thread worthy of consideration:

A Meteorological quandry, and the BP Spill.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join