It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pirate Party to Run Pirate Bay from Swedish Parliament

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Pirate Party to Run Pirate Bay from Swedish Parliament

torrentfreak.com

After their former hosting provider received an injunction telling it to stop providing bandwidth to The Pirate Bay, the worlds most resilient BitTorrent site switched to a new ISP. That host, the Swedish Pirate Party, made a stand on principle. Now they aim to take things further by running the site from inside the Swedish Parliament.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
techdirt.com

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
First of all, I think it shows a huge foresight to actually have representation in a country's legislative system called "The Pirate Party".

Now, I know this is as much a political stunt as it is a legitimate aid to file sharing. They are basically making this attempt to win over some more of the volting public in Sweden. They havent won a seat yet, but this might just help them sway that small percentage that they need.

This also puts a huge signal fire out in front of the rest of the world, mainly the US Gov't, that is trying to criminalize and squash all file sharing period. Winning a seat and being able to host under the protection of their own rules and regs means that ligitimate file sharing will be protected around the world, at least when done so through TPB.

I also like that they are holding fast against any copyright infringement or trademark infringement. They are just showing support and giving safe haven to legal file sharing for everyone that uses it.

Go Pirate Party. I hope you win this one.

torrentfreak.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join