It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

26% of Americans don't know who US fought to gain its independence

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I thought it was common knowledge that "One-fourth of the population is retarded"

Don't threat. It's a fact of life.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Wow I thought Americans were extremely proud of their history and it would be something everyone knew.

I bet Brits wouldn't do as well either, especially because we lost.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
You want america to go back to being great? NUKE HOLLYWOOD. every problem we have today can be traced back to hollywood and pop culture. MTV is a abomination.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
What country are we even in?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
What country are we even in?

I could have sworn it was the United Slaves of America, but I thought we gained our independence from the Native Americans, so what do I know.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Admittedly, I would have some difficulty with the geography part (not my strongest area), but I certainly know that Iran is not an island. I could at the very most get within the vicinity of the Middle East. I could not believe the idiot and the Berlin wall question, as well as the religion in Israel.

Again, I would have some difficulty with geography, but geez these people just astound me with their idiocy.

Raist

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Oh, America are free from the banking families that funded both sides of the war are they?

That is call for a celebration...Liberty Freedom

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
public schools are becoming like a great big babysitter who lets the kids do whatever they want.

And people scoffed and ridiculed when Ron Paul got on TV and said we need to end the Department of Education.

These graphs begin when the Dept. of Education was founded.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

I cannot believe that is the first time you have seen it on ATS. I have seen it several times and even used the word myself a few times.

I thought it was common knowledge the word was drivel. It should not make me proud that I know this word, but if what you say is true that puts me on the upper half of the worlds population (I did not even think I was that smart).

Raist

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
i've seen that video, the "americans are not stupid" once before, but i blocked it all out of my memory. i realize why.

my mind is boggled in reverse, it's an unbelievably confusing and infuriating feeling. WHAT do these people do?

go through the motions of school, which today is as simple as being little parrot repeaters of the most vanilla and watered down BS
make money any way you can (any way, illegal or not)
get those big cars
look hot, look really good, and if you don't, or are just an ugly person, live in fear and subservience and depression
breed and take care of your family
do anything in your means to stop thinking about taking care of your family and paying bills
distance yourself absolutely from humanity, sever all shreds of humanity in yourself as you co-opt the lives of others with a consuming envy and idolatry, and think about them and dream about them as you work yourself ot the bone to come home and not think about your family and not thinking about your responsibilities as a citizen
die of cancer or a heart attack in your 50's, 60's from years of eatin and drinking the dollar menu, america's greatest accomplishment, which without, you would have perished because you do as little asyou possibly can to better yourself or your family.

the end

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

I really want to crawl into a corner and cry because these people are voting our government officials into office.

I wish the survey would have found out who the ignorant 26% voted for in the last Presidential election...

I suspect Obama voters are disproportionately over-represented among the ill-informed...but suspecting that is so much less fun, than if such a study actually had been done... It would be interesting, wouldn't it?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I interpret this as a failure of our education system to meet the standards set by tax paying Americans. Another example of why governmment is bunk.

They probably think FDR was a founder.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
i'm told there are folks who cant tell you when 9-11 happened.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine-eyed-eel
I wish the survey would have found out who the ignorant 26% voted for in the last Presidential election...

Man no kidding

Look at the description of that video on its page. All it says is:

bush is and idiot

I can't help but wonder if that was on purpose or not.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

I partly suspect it to be mixed across the board. I cannot find anything validating respect for either the Republicans or the Democrats. They are nothing but one party with the face of two.

I am not so sure that the president is nothing more than a scapegoat for those who truly pull the strings for the most, given that Obama seems to be following the same road that Bush did.

Raist

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well, check this out.... sigh.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ReAlIzAtIoN

At 44 seconds Mark Dice says that Christopher Columbus discovering North America is "the reason" we celebrate the 4th!

AND

At 1:30 he says that we've been celebrating the 4th of July ever since Columbus!!!

EDIT: I suppose he could have been being sarcastic.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ReAlIzAtIoN

I really should stop watching these videos. I am not sure if I should be very sad, very angry, or what.

I want to laugh at the stupidity thinking it has to be a joke. Sadly, though I find more and more this is not a joke but a very real and sickening nightmare. It is truly depressing to see this kind of ignorance on the street. I am half tempted to go out with a video camera and try the same sort of thing myself in hopes that I might find some bright people, but I fear more that I might get beaten and the camera stolen than any right answers being given.

Raist

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Yeah not a suprise. most today are kinda dumb.
Something I always find funny is,.. the people fought for the "freedom" from England and the Taxes,... and look at our system now..'
'
So really,.. What are we celebrating?

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Now that I've watched the entire video, I think Mark aka John Conner was being sarcastic talking about Columbus.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join