It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Coverup By BP To Hide Damage In Gulf-Recent Accusations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I hesitated in posting this because I don't want to contribute to any more fear mongering, but the substance of this vid left me compelled to share because, imo, this is another piece of the puzzle. I know everything has to be taken with a grain of salt and sources have to be considered in the message, but all info, especially from professionals, should be put out there.

This is Dr. Riki on Countdown talking about a massive coverup by BP, to hide the damage.
Surfers, volunteers and workers in all 4 states are reporting rashes, blisters and respiratory problems. Bp is still adamant, even when asked, about there not being a need for respirators.

Supposedly every morning at 6 AM all the carcasses are picked up and the beaches are raked. Resident's are commenting that sometimes a carcass is removed within 15 minutes of it being found.

BP is using metal dtectors on everyone coming to the beaches to prevent any cellphones or cameras from getting in.

Emails regarding carcasses are disappearing from people's servers.

In an attempt to be fair, I can see why BP would want to keep the extent of damage from the public, and perhaps picking up the carcass is just part of the response effort. But something so threatening should be handled openly, imo, but again I can see a few different motives to prevent doing so.

Watching the animals suffer kills me, yes I care for the people too of course, but they are not drowning in black death, literally.

Dr. Riki On Cover Up

I feel this is relevant too:
Sand Dumped On Beaches Over Oil

Peace

[edit on 2-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

What they intend to do is coverup all this with sand and bury/dump the dead animals and say it's fixed lets move on. And when people start to get sick and demand to get taken care of they will be told it was because of something else or yo did something etc. etc., and if that fails say that it's to late you signed a wiaver and also BP is limited to what it can do. Did you hear from CNN last night or this morning that the Coast Guard has made new rules that say nobody can get within 65 feet of oil booms and workers and oiled animals. Originaly they said the Coast Guard wanted 300 feet, but settled for 65. They are trying to cover up this fiasco and make it seem that its nothing to worry about.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

Wow, I think you are exactly right, on all points. I keep trying to determine how much of this cover up is normal and how much/which parts are malicious? I know something has to be done and part of the response from BP surely includes removing things that may horrify/anger the citizens (damage control 101).
Burying the oil instead of removing it seems like a dishonest shortcut, but I am sure some would say that burying the oil is okay?
I don't know, but to me it all seems like this is what happens when profits come before people.

Peace

[edit on 3-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

join