It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 Random Facts That Make You Wonder What In The World Has Happened To America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

50 Random Facts That Make You Wonder What In The World Has Happened To America

english.pravda.ru

Our world is changing at a pace that is so staggering these days that it can be really hard to fully grasp the significance of what we are witnessing. Hopefully the collection of random facts below will help you to "connect the dots" just a little bit. On one level, the facts below may not seem related. However, what they all do have in common is that they show just how much the United States has fundamentally changed. Do you ever just sit back and wonder what in the world has happened to Ameri
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Well Comrades, it seems that Russia has the same questions about America that we do. "50 Random Facts That Make You Wonder What in The World Is Going On in America". I believe the ATSer's can think of more than 50. This is a bit depressing, but nothing like hearing the other side's propaganda...especially when it's true.
Seeashrink

english.pravda.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Not so random I think. Most seem like very recent topics on sites such as this.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Are you really siding with a Russian article?

Half the statements are absurd. It is nothing but anti-American contraband.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Sad but true. How could anyone disagree? This is what we look like to others, and we should be embarrassed to no end, take stock, and reassess our priorities. We do everything this article has said and then some and then have the arrogance set out to colonize other countries under false pretense of making them "better places?" Building schools in Iraq when our own are falling apart? Investing billions in schools in places like China and India because our kids are not bright enough? This country's become a joke. And we're getting what we deserve. It pains me to say this, but we've lost all sanity. And anyone who does disagree either isn't looking or is counting on "someone else" to fix it or they just don't care.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

It has nothing to do with siding with the Russian article. It could have been written in German, Chinese, Italian, or any other language and it is still true. I am not pro-Russian if that is what you are asking. However, MSM here is not going to write the truth so sometimes it is healthy to see what other countries are saying about the US.
Seeashrink

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Well said Lucidity. We are alive and watching the slow death of our country. And not only are we amazed, but other countries are looking at us in puzzlement. Countries that use to respect us now pity us. We are most pathetic.
Seeashrink

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
...Half the statements are absurd...

I don't know that I'd say half of them are absurd, but there's definitely a few that are baseless. Then there's a few that are cold hard and undisputed, yet disgusting facts.

Then, then there's a few like...

#11) In recent years the U.S. government has spent $2.6 million tax dollars to study the drinking habits of Chinese prostitutes and $400,000 tax dollars to pay researchers to cruise six bars in Buenos Aires, Argentina to find out why gay men engage in risky sexual behavior when drunk.

I seriously can't stop laughing.

Then there's a few agenda driven facts. Consider number 1.

#1) Since 1973, more than 50 million babies have been murdered in abortion facilities across the United States.

[edit on 7/2/2010 by Unit541]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

But hey...let's continue the in-fighting and reward and idolize the self-annointed demi-gods who ridicule and belittle other Americans and further polarize us.

Since when did it become the norm to pick a "side" and blindly stick to it? To fight, no matter how insanely, against other Americans to win at all costs? To ignore logic, common sense, reason, listening, and compromise for the common good?

People have become intolerant, frightened, myopic, and selfish. Intolerant of anyone who isn't just like them. Frightened of life as it is and that someone is trying to change them (classic projection). Myopic about their way being the only way. And selfish in not considering how others might feel.

And while all the in-fighting goes on, we've lost sight of priorities and the thing that really matter. We fight about something like whether or not to provide food stamps and that takes focus off the abuses. We fight about right to life or right to choice, and don't focus on education and prevention, because oh hey we fight about that too, using no logic and using up energy that can be spent in actually making a difference. The fight and being heard seems more important than the end result.

Insanity.

Ugh.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Interesting that this same article appears over at prisonplanet.com but without credit to the author. I knew I saw it somewhere.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Please, list that half of those statements you see as absured.

Do you think it`s bad, that even the Russians can see the same things that we see everyday?

Also, what is anti-American about it? They are all facts that need to be addressed about the government we have and the policies they shove down our throats, and the coverups they make.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

I'm having to agree with this, there are about 10 of the 50 that mean anything and the rest are just random events that have little to no impact or barring on anything at all....also one of the facts is wrong. The savings rate for the U.S. is positive. In any case, this sounds like a 5 year old came up with the list, I'm surprised they didn't say the U.S. was out of Crayons.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Well said Lucidity. We are alive and watching the slow death of our country. And not only are we amazed, but other countries are looking at us in puzzlement. Countries that use to respect us now pity us. We are most pathetic.
Seeashrink

No.... it's your Government, that has stolen your Country from you, that's most Pathetic.

Your time will come to Win back what has been taken...... you will see.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

It is not a Russian article. It is an American one.

Economic Collapse

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Its funny, most of what they are talking about is related directly to this administration.

Sounds like they are on point to me.

We are Screwed without some real leadership.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
in the replies.olivia kroth,seems to be making enemies ?

top topics

join