It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even Howard Stern hates Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I feel very muich akin to Howard Stern. Outside the fact that I grew up listening to him since I was 12 or so, here on ATS I feel I am very much in the same battle as he is. So, in tribute to Howard, I post this glowing article about my man:

Howard Stern having impact with crusade against Bush

WASHINGTON - Forget Al Franken. Democrats have a new champion on talk radio that they hope will counter the likes of conservative icons Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity. It's shock jock Howard Stern.

Known more for crude talk of sex and lewd acts than politics or public policy, Stern has launched an on-air crusade he calls a "jihad" to defeat President Bush. He blames Bush for a government crackdown on his use of obscenity on the air.

And he's having an impact, apparently boosting the prospects of Sen. John Kerry, D- Mass., according to a new Democratic poll released Thursday. That was welcome news to Democrats who've long ached for a liberal voice on talk radio and have watched in frustration as former comic Franken has struggled with a new program that has limited airplay.

"Howard Stern is the most influential political talk-show host in America today," said Michael Harrison, the editor of Talkers magazine, which covers the talk-radio industry.

www.thestate.com...

Howard is the man.

[edit on 14-6-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
stern hates everyone. the only reason why he hates bush and has has said this many times is because of the FCC .

i'm surprised you think he's "the man" since he's had contests on his show like "black jeopardy!" and has mocked black people along with every other groups of humans you can think of. not that i care but i find it striking you think so highly of him. is it because he hates bush or because you loved black jeopardy!?

time to confess colonel, you're really beetlejuice arent you? king of all blacks? come on, i know you're one of the whack pack...you gotta be!

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
PM: Are you insulting me by calling me that mentally handicapped midget, beetlejuice, or the King of all blacks? You know these are against the rules of ATS.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
nah they're just questions. since stern has made fun of just about every group there is out there to make fun of i'm surprised you support him at all.

but like i said the main reason he hates bush is because of the FCC. hell he even tried befriending clinton because he thought it would get the FCC off his back.

i cant blame stern for this but lets be honest if the FCC wasnt cracking down on then he wouldnt hate bush so much.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Doesn't matter WHY he joined the "right side" just as long as he does as well as a myriad of diplomats, high ranking military officers, and American citizens.

Furthermore, I like him b/c he mocks everyone---he doesn't discriminate. Plus, he's funny.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Personaly, I picture you as an angry black dwarf with an afro.....

Stern has the politcal insight of a moose on crack. Come one he's a shock jock, his show is so pathetic he needs to use shock methods to make people listen.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Can I get some help here! I'm being personally insulted by right wing ATS members! This is twice from Jedimaster today! Not to mentoin PM! (I say this knowing full well that nothing will be done
)

In any event, Howard is the man, his show is funny, and that's why he's the #1 DJ in AMerica.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Never say he did'nt have his moments, but overall.....

Now now, i did'nt "attack" you. I just said what I imagine you as. Like TPM reminds me of that clown hje once had as an avatar.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Sure ya didn't. Well, hell, it wouldn't matter anyway, would it? Not like any mod would do anything about it. They just love me too much. Feel the love.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
i like stern. i like his show and what he does.

admittedly colonel i'm a bit surprised by you. you admit to liking the guy and you even say why...yeah he makes fun of everyone and personally i dont care that he does but i'm surprised this doesnt bother you.

i also sympathize with stern. and not just him but everyone in radio that has had to put up with this FCC crack down BS thanks to.....janet "floppy booby" jackson and her little act during the super bowl half time show. lets not forget the backlash that started as a result of this.

she went too far and now the FCC is going too far. now personally i dont care that she showed her floppy little boob except for one thing, the super bowl is considered a family event anyone can watch, with howard stern you know you're getting something entirely different so why they cracked down on him and more specifically clear channel media by adopting this stupid zero tolerance policy and then banning him from their radio stations is beyond me.

IMO they're going after the wrong people, in fact why we even have people who decide what words and images can be seem or heard is beyond me. its not only the FCC but the radio stations themselves have their own censors that bleep out whatever they arbitrarily find to be offensive. and stern has had a problem with that for a long time along with tom chiasano having someone arbitrarily censor him. this is BEYOND the FCC and bush. stern is all about free speech and i support that. i personally despise the FCC for this. this is one issue i think the government has no business meddling in. its one thing if a private business does this but its another matter when the government does this.

new topics

top topics

join