It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Insecurities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I'm sorry fellow ATS, but I had to get this rant out to relieve my thoughts. This is something that has been causing me a lot of stress, and stress to those I know and love.

These thoughts are mine or mine alone, if you agree or disagree, feel free to respectfully comment and discuss.

I believe that the #1 Flaw In Human Nature is not INSECURITY but how humans manage insecurity.

Through example, through peers, parents and society, we learn how to miss-manage with insecurity; and this leads to the problem I'm now ranting about...

The Need to Control Others

This isn't about the-powers-that-be. It's about you, me, your family, friends, co-workers... Every time someone has an insecurity, rooting from personal believes, religion ethics, life turmoils, selfishness, the majority of us turn to controlling others; to get our way and band-aid out insecurities.

Remember, there is no absolute, beliefs and ethics are fiction. There is no right-wrong, they are actions relating to views attached to conscious or subconscious contracts which you have with someone else or a belief system you subscribe to.

Your need to control people is harmful.

For instance...

It's good parenting to look over your children, teach them and keep them out of trouble. It's good parenting to advise and teach your teens while teaching them to think for themselves; But it is Damn Right Selfish to be in their business once they become adults, unless they ask for you.

It all comes down to the parents insecurity in this case.

There are also other instances where 3rd party 'friends' try to dictate other peoples lives, including major life decisions and even personal finances down to the point that it's either the money, or their friendship. It's called the emotional vampire.

It stresses me out, it invades my life, and the life of loved ones and other families. It causes stress on everyone. On a larger scale, you have CEO's of mass multimillion dollar companies trying to control commerce and trade out of insecurity.

Please, learn to let go, realize that you will be happier once you stop controlling other people. Others will be much more open to your help once you shed off that possessive aura about you.

And please help others do the same.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Scarcer]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The greatest weakness of man is, DOUBT!

Try and control everything, and lose control of everything. Let go of all control, and gain all control.

S&F

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Yes, add doubt too, but doubt is basically synonymous with insecurity in some context.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Scarcer]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I agree
S&F for you!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
The greatest weakness of man is, DOUBT!

Try and control everything, and lose control of everything. Let go of all control, and gain all control.

I seriously doubt that .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We , as a species, engage in so many complex social interactions . Layer upon layer of them . To the point where , when we are not actively engaged in such interactions , we watch fictitious characters engage is such actions.

With such a curiosity as that which we humans exhibit , i wonder will some sense of insecurity, always be `curiosities companion`.
The unknown - delightfully enticing , peaking our interest and curiosity but also a source of doubt & insecurity . Our double edged sword.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But have no fear - (literally) Big Pharma is , no doubt, working feverishly to medicate all our social ills . The Soma of Aldous Huxleys Brave New World ,a distinctly possible vision.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Scarcer

Yes I was agreeing with you, insecurity/doubt, same things in my book.

UmbraSumus: Well, I seriously doubt that you doubt that. Damn
nvrmind.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Control is the nature of fear. You resist(fear) reality(what is) and seek to change it to fulfill your belief of what you think reality should be.

top topics

join