It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RELIEF WELLS NEAR COMPLETION in the face of Methane/Oil SUPER ARMAGEDDON

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I know zip about drilling oil wells. Don't know a heck of a lot about the seabed. What I do know is everytime I watch ABC Nightly news I see lots of clean stuff in the back ground. I know the spill is no longer the opener on any of the networks. I know BP should be held accountable for the wrongful death of 11 men, the Gulf & the tourist trade the area depends on. What I am doing is hoping, praying & trying to stay informed. I want the relief wells to work. I want all of this to get fixed, & fixed fast. Not holding my breath on that part. If the relief wells work, & really I want them to work, we can get about the business of recovery. The full repercussion can't be seen yet. That picture is too big. We are a resilient people, who may...I stess may...have dodged a bullet. This time.

And please, if you hear any idiot is planning to detonate a nuke..just say "NO" loudly & to anybody within ear shot. Don't we have enough trouble already?

k

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kno22

all fine and dandy
but the reality
is holand could have fixed it completly wuithin days
usa denied
should i go on?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

The law (laws) involved are the Jones Act (requires ships within 3 miles of the coast to have American crews) and an EPA reg (limits bilge discharge to 15 ppm oil etc.). None of the big skimmers were needed at that time in the 3 mile limit, and the President or FEMA could have have suspended the EPA regulations with a signature. If your neighbor had a 10,000 gallon oil tank that started leaking and all the oil was going to wind up in your basement, what would you do if another neighbor told you they had a machine that could stop all the oil except for 1 pint. And the neighbor with the leak was going to spray the oil with a combination of paint thinner, weed killer and acid, which would wind up in everybodies house in the county, or city or state. It's the kiss principle on steroids and like most reasonable people I know what you would do.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
Thanks for the info - let's hope it works, huh?!

Shame this thread only has 1 flag and is vanishing down the page....I guess because it doesn't contain any doomsday scenarios...

You mean a damn site closer to the truth than speculation. That's never popular!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
Let Nature fix this, Nature is part of the Positive hand.

LOL, yeah. POOF! Humans be gone! Problem solved. Forever! They'll never be able to do this ever again. That's the best idea I've heard since this whole fiasco began!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I sent an email to my cousin in the gulf asking her how she was and what did she know of the oil spill situation there. Her reply - I went to see my sister in Florida for a week - I just had to get away - I just can't talk about it right now, I am so depressed. I know she loves nature, it broke my heart to read her reply.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Nice title, it woke me up! I gave it a flag.

They have a new skimmer they are testing!
news.blogs.cnn.com...

Oil Spill: BP Lawsuit For Burning Turtles Alive Reaches Settlement: I doubt if the money would help the turtles family. Ok, I know I am a smart ass, sorry!

Story here! www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by icecold7
reply to post by kno22

all fine and dandy
but the reality
is holand could have fixed it completly wuithin days
usa denied
should i go on?

That's all fine and dandy to claim but impossible to prove.This is a unique situation in a far more extreme environment with far more instability in the whole formation than any other well. No doubt BP has mishandled the whole situation but making some claim out of ignorance that the Dutch could have shut it down in days is BS.
If ya'll had read the available data on the geology of he area, the proximity to the Tiber deposit and the pressures which it has demonstrated the question would be was it destined to fail?
Irrelevant, as the well casing has been fracked since before the well failed The only stop which ever stood a chance was a bottom kill within the first month. Now the pressure and high flow will have pulled sediment and debris from around the fractures creating pockets and voids around the casing.
Any bottom kill that cannot fill these as well as the well column will only make any second attempt vastly harder.
N.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
bp doesn't provide live feeding anymore?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by N.of norml

But surely you know the story of the little boy who saved Holland by sticking his finger in the hole in the dyke??

The Dutch would have sent a big Dutchman to stick his thumb in the hole! That would have fixed it.

You are right, there is no way the Dutch or anyone else could clear this up in a few days.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

thank you for all the info. This leak has me so worried I pray they can stop it soon. its ruining our wildlife and ecosystems. i hope we don't have mass extinctions of wild life like the migratory turtles that travel through the gulf every year to mate. Its a sad sad situation

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lizzyhock

Thanks for that link

Here's hoping that it works. Every little helps as Tesco says! (Sorry European joke)

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
=====================
Happy Independence Day
=====================

You never should have done it you know (i.e. broken free from England). Enjoy the day and try and forget the troubles for a while.

[edit on 3/7/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Thank You and happy 4th of July to all. would be the best 4th ever if they could stop that leak today but i don't see it happening for a while still.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyElohim
In my mind, that is practically a distraction from the real issue, though. We will have far more oil in the ocean than (as far as we know) has ever been dumped, mixed with more toxic dispersant than has ever been used. It is not exaggerating to say that this is a manmade climatological disaster of completely unheard of proportions. We simply have no idea what may happen. There have been no publicly disclosed studies of the negative impacts of Corexit 9500. What we do know is that when other flavors of Corexit have been used people died in droves. [1]

[1] en.wikipedia.org...

Wait... it's a manmade climatological disaster of unheard of proportions, yet we'll have no idea what may happen?

What are you trying to say here? How is this a climatology issue? We bringing down an ice age? I like how people just insert insinuation into the issue without any regard to the implications of what they're saying. Distract then move on, right? This is how doomers work. Drop a little half-assed made up nonsense into the issue, state it as if it's a known fact, then move on without backing it up.

Died in droves? At what point does that Wiki article make that leap of logic? Or are you simply making it now? The 9560 is more toxic than the 9500 and why it's not being used in this theater. Also, given the choice between the two, one is not a better emulsifier than the other, but there is something about the 9500 that's more acceptable (in the long run) to use than the alternative because they don't want long term devastation to all the happy little gulf critters.

Now, I'm also not an apologist here, but I've said this before in another thread... read the MSDS for Corexit. Read it with logic and stop reading the Made-For-Doomers version that has everything that can be deemed negative in big red bold letters with exclamation points after it. Read the MSDS with the understanding that just about every MSDS for ANY chemical will have similar deadly warnings for even harmless every day items. Prolonged long-term exposure may have those effects. Don't swim in it concentrated on a daily basis and don't huff it like an 8th grader looking for a cheap high and there's a pretty good chance you're not going to have rapid organ failure.

It's these leaps of logic that people make about this issue that automatically makes you assume that it's deadly to be near it. There's a reason they employ Personal Protective Equipment in response situations. There's also a reason that these doomer threads don't concentrate on these words in big bold red letters: "The potential human hazard is: Low." - because it doesn't fit in with their agenda of "this will scare the crap out of people".

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by EnkiCarbone

This should make all you BP supporters happy now. What a victory!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I know you all say you aren't apologists but if it sounds like a duck....

this sarcastic little remark speaks volumes

to use than the alternative because they don't want long term devastation to all the happy little gulf critters.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Yep. Anyone who tries to employ sanity, logic, and reasoning is supporting BP. Good fallback position. I made those statements based on 20+ years coordinating HAZWOPER - responder training and about 3 years working with oil specifically. I personally don't give a rats ass about the industry, or BP. I just have a hard time watching people throw crazy semantics and non-truth into the situation and seeing everyone follow it like lemmings as if it were gospel.

Also, the Coast Guard's new mandate is best left for that thread. And yeah, for the record: I'm concerned about it too and think it's total #.

And it wasn't sarcasm. I

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

After visiting the BP Website and you download their vids, plans, see and
hear them all patting each other on back about a great job they are doing.
Your left feeling, WOW these are great guys and really know what they
are doing and it's just not that big a deal. Mission Accomplished.

Then you step back into the real world, and it's totally different.
Ok, Opposite, it's totally Opposite to what the rest of the Media
is showing.

I guess it's no surprise the Govt and BP want to put a lid on the News
Stories so that BP sell their Feel Good stuff.

As Bush said: In my line of work you got to keep repeating things
over and over and over again for the truth to sink in...to kinda
catapult the propaganda.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by N.of norml

im sorry
but all i got was
blablablablablabla bla bla bla bla

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

In a shocking interview with CNN’s Anderson Cooper on June 29th, Allegiance Capitol Corporation V.P. Fred McCallister said that BP is deliberately sinking oil with the toxic chemical disbursant Corexit, to hide the size of the oil spill. By sinking the oil before it can be collected, BP won’t have to pay fines on it.

McCallister said, “Everybody in Europe, where the standard practice is to raise the oil and collect it, is scratching their heads, and quite honestly laughing at what’s happening in the Gulf.” He added, “Everyone is looking at us and wondering why we’re allowing this to happen.”

McCallister is set to appear before a Senate investigative panel on Thursday and testify that BP’s only interests regarding the Deepwater Horizon spill is protectimg their own financial interests. His statements explained why BP has been refusing offers of help from additional foreign skimmers.
www.examiner.com

alright
maybe this would be good time 2 get ur head out of ur a..

www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=589408

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join