It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RELIEF WELLS NEAR COMPLETION in the face of Methane/Oil SUPER ARMAGEDDON

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Let's just face it, there are two hands involved here. Only two hands.

One hand is Positive and one is Negative. Obviously anything that has to do with our current predicament is from the Negative hand.

The Positive hand exists but is Hidden from us unless we see the signs.

Are those signs out there in the Gulf right now? Are those signs here in our homes and in our lives? These signs include how things either 'work for' or 'work against' us.

Some of us operate under the Negative hand, even everyday folks with good intentions. This is not the argument but an opinion based on our Leaders in Action and everyone else in our lives.

Those Graphics sure are lovely! The Negative hand certainly can paint a pretty picture.

Wake up! Look around you, and listen to your heart; we don't have to participate in the Negative hand any longer. Turn it over to a Higher Power and realize that anything the Negative hand does is going to fail.

There is still time to save ourselves. Pull the plug and let Nature handle this, we cannot wrestle with these two hands and obviously they are both at work right now. I knew this the moment the Lightening struck the BP rig on June 16 and temporarily interrupted the operations. That was the true Hidden hand that I so aptly call the Positive hand.

Throw BP and the Government goons out of the way, pull all the equipment out of the ocean, focus only on cleanup methods and possible ideas on how to deal with the dispersants and the Gaseous poisoning. Evacuate as you can.

Let Nature fix this, Nature is part of the Positive hand.

Sadly, now that we can step back and realize which hand is in Charge, what I propose won't ever happen, I am not that foolish. We know that the Positive hand is going to let the Negative hand destroy itself and everything along with it. It is what the Negative hand does so well. It is the balance of our own making.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostpigeon
reply to post by new_here

Should have also added, I'll try and join you in the positive thinking new_here, it's about all we got at the end of day from where we're sitting.

I agree whole-heartedly, ghostpigeon-- plus it keeps me sane amongst all of the fears! Not to turn this thread into a 'paranormal' one, but I posted on another thread something about envisioning Obama having a change of heart and allowing the help of other countries. Logged in the next morning and 'bout fell on the floor when I saw a new thread announcing Obama ok-ing 11 countries to help. (Ok, I do NOT have delusions of grandeur, but can you see how that experience gave me pause?)

Peace and Love, let's at keep the Faith!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Obama had no change of heart. Help from other countries was not turned down. The difference was fake news vs real news.

mediamatters.org...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Im sorry I took so long to reply my friend. I have given ample time for the source of my statement to give up the evidence. Since it has not been forthcoming, I will admit that I was given false info. Great thread! Carry on.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Thanks for that dood! Very interesting about how there actually are BP apologist for this oilpoclypse as I stated in an earlier post.

The spin miesters are in hyper mode and they are failing with every report of people being arrested for trying to get out the truth.

That is why I am suspect of anyone trying to marginalize the seriousness of this catastrophe.

njuice.com...

www.wtop.com...

www.shtfplan.com...

[edit on 3-7-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Actually, my posts was about the meme that "Obama" has turned down international help when in fact there are more than ten different nations helping currently with the cleanup efforts.

But thanks for implying im an apologist for posting facts as seems to be the standard on ATS when someone refutes someone's pre-determined opinion with actual factual information..

[edit on 3-7-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bourbon2nite

No probs and thanks. Perhaps that is hopeful then.

reply to post by justadood

But thanks for implying im an apologist for posting facts as seems to be the standard on ATS when someone refutes someone's pre-determined opinion with actual factual information

That's about the size of it.

Now, are ye sure ye are not a Gubbermint shill and disinfo-agent as well?? Huh?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
So I haven't read every page since participating a bit in the beginning. I hope this is not redundant. This article has a non-BP related geophysicist who specializes in oil stating that the two relief wells together have a 98% probability of success.

In my mind, that is practically a distraction from the real issue, though. We will have far more oil in the ocean than (as far as we know) has ever been dumped, mixed with more toxic dispersant than has ever been used. It is not exaggerating to say that this is a manmade climatological disaster of completely unheard of proportions. We simply have no idea what may happen. There have been no publicly disclosed studies of the negative impacts of Corexit 9500. What we do know is that when other flavors of Corexit have been used people died in droves. [1]

While "oil rain" may be impossible (that's what NOAA says), oil does evaporate. [2] Does Corexit 9500 evaporate? We're not completely certain, but we do know that Corexit EC9527A does. [3] Does it really matter if it's literally oil? Do we need to fantasize about fire rain to acknowledge that toxic crap raining from the sky is bad either way?

I honestly don't think the OP is any kind of apologist. I do think they are engaging in a little bit of Pollyannaism and I strongly disagree with that. Getting excited about BP's optimistic reports is, to me, silly. It will take a long time to get the relief wells up and running. It is very likely they will be successful eventually. But once that is done we will be left with an unprecedented toxic soup of apocalyptic proportions. This thing is bad.

[1] en.wikipedia.org...
[2] www.popularmechanics.com...
[3] www.epa.gov...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Crazy #... I hope they get this figured out.

I have a feeling they won't... too much doom and gloom to actually have faith, right now.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

But thanks for implying im an apologist for posting facts as seems to be the standard on ATS when someone refutes someone's pre-determined opinion with actual factual information..

Here's your factual information! These videos aren't pretty graphics put out by BP.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

God help us! I do pray that the relief wells can stop this destruction.

And trying to shift the focus away from the economical and environmental impact IMO is being an apologist.

This isn't being "hysterical" this is affecting PEOPLE besides animals and IMO the full implications won't be felt for years.

Now, are ye sure ye are not a Gubbermint shill and disinfo-agent as well?? Huh?

Flame away with your hollow sarcasm! I'm not going to let this rest!!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyElohim

A good bit of research and thank you for that.

I honestly don't think the OP is any kind of apologist. I do think they are engaging in a little bit of Pollyannaism and I strongly disagree with that.

Pollyannaism
blind or excessive optimism, after the character Pollyanna, created by American writer Eleanor Porter (1868-1920).

Source

Sorry, not a phrase we use so I had to look it up.

You are correct that I am not an apologist, but also I am not blindly optimistic as should be apparent from my posts. On the other hand I have been kicking around as I think I have mentioned for in excess of 60 years and I have seen a few of these things happen in my time. (Edit: Just to clarify I meant all types of disasters and not just of this specific nature)

It will take a long time to get the relief wells up and running. It is very likely they will be successful eventually.

There is no running to be done. If they hit the mark they pump, and if the pumping is successful the flow will stop. It is a once off operation.

But once that is done we will be left with an unprecedented toxic soup of apocalyptic proportions. This thing is bad.

I don't think I or anyone else has ever denied that fact.

[edit on 3/7/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by JohnnyElohim

A good bit of research and thank you for that.

Sure.

I honestly don't think the OP is any kind of apologist. I do think they are engaging in a little bit of Pollyannaism and I strongly disagree with that.

Pollyannaism
blind or excessive optimism, after the character Pollyanna, created by American writer Eleanor Porter (1868-1920).

Source

Sorry, not a phrase we use so I had to look it up.

You are correct that I am not an apologist, but also I am not blindly optimistic as should be apparent from my posts. On the other hand I have been kicking around as I think I have mentioned for in excess of 60 years and I have seen a few of these things happen in my time. (Edit: Just to clarify I meant all types of disasters and not just of this specific nature)

I have followed many of your posts. I think "relief wells nearing completion" is an excessively optimistic description. I also believe that directing our attention to the fact that the relief wells will be in "sometime soon" and away from the already terrifying impact of this event invites an inappropriately optimistic attitude. Just my opinion, though, and not meant to poke holes in you.

It will take a long time to get the relief wells up and running. It is very likely they will be successful eventually.

There is no running to be done. If they hit the mark they pump, and if the pumping is successful the flow will stop. It is a once off operation.

Semantic squabble. To me "up and running" is colloquially saying "operational", as in "able to stem the gusher."

But once that is done we will be left with an unprecedented toxic soup of apocalyptic proportions. This thing is bad.

I don't think I or anyone else has ever denied that fact.

I wasn't accusing you of such, though I can tell you that the while the frequency has gone down in recent weeks there have been many "it's not such a big deal" posts on ATS about this subject.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I know, right? Because me pointing out that the Jones Act meme is a lie is totally the same thing as saying you can drink a big glass of corexitt!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Great! But what does that have to do with me refuting the claim that Obama has turned down foreign aid by invoking the Jones act?

Edited to add: Why do you keep insinuating I am saying this is no big deal or making apologies for BP? Because i have said NOTHING of the sort.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Can someone please set the record straight for once? Lots of disinfo and speculation mixed in is aggrivating everyone but I guess its all to avoid panic?

I heard psi readings anywhere from 15,000 up to 300,000 and that oil-methane mixture is very low. In fact its the methane deposits that are causing the tremendous pressure and making capping it almost impossible.

Isn't there any way to let the gas out but contain the oil? I realise methane gas can be deadly but in the long run its not quite as polluting as crude oil.

When its time to cap the well why not try something else rather than heavy mud? Maybe volcanic lava, some kind of super dense metal that is plentiful enough...anything that could work.

My main beef with the USA government is that they allowed BP to use CorExit dispersants to hide the true magnitude of this disaster which unfortunately may cause humanity and nature great pain in the near future. It would have been much easier to CONGEAL the oil into thick blobs and have skimmers skim it of the surface rather than disperse it.

The hell with fines and public relation campaigns. When all is said and done people are gonna foot the bill anyway so we might as well have clean oceans in the process.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
When its time to cap the well why not try something else rather than heavy mud? Maybe volcanic lava, some kind of super dense metal that is plentiful enough...anything that could work.

Water-based drilling mud most commonly consists of bentonite clay (gel) with additives such as barium sulfate (barite)....
Source

Volcanic lava is no heavier than any other rocks (well that's strictly not true as rocks vary but close enough). If it is pumice it is lighter than water!

Note above that the additive entioned is Barium Sulphate. Barium is heavy - it is what is used in the plasters that shield from radiation in X-Ray rooms and nuclear power stations.

The best super-dense metal which is used to great effect** by the US just because of it's weight is.............depleted uranium.....and I don't think we want to start using that!! I would stick to barium. (You could try gold or lead perhaps!)

(** with little concern for the danger)

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Volcanic lava is no heavier than any other rocks (well that's strictly not true as rocks vary but close enough). If it is pumice it is lighter than water!

I was thinking of the thick red lava/magma emmitted from volcanos such as mount kea in hawaii. In this case it would not matter that its lightweight because when it cools at sea-water temperature it rapidly solidifies.

Whole islands get formed that way so plugging a leak seems easy. Of course the hard part is finding or creating enough of it and then transporting it there.

Note above that the additive entioned is Barium Sulphate. Barium is heavy - it is what is used in the plasters that shield from radiation in X-Ray rooms and nuclear power stations.

The best super-dense metal which is used to great effect** by the US just because of it's weight is.............depleted uranium.....and I don't think we want to start using that!! I would stick to barium. (You could try gold or lead perhaps!)

(** with little concern for the danger)

*Little concern for danger* would be the least of my worries. Dump anything in there: uranium, plutonium, californium, mercury, element 115, element 354............etc.

Lets just seal the damm thing and we worry about the consequeces latter. Just kidding but seriously I think some people are too worried about saving a few fish and birds and that might cost us the entire gulf of mexico or worse an entire ocean.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by EnkiCarbone

Yes I would like to keep this "non fiction" but it's gone beyond that point, don't you agree.

Look at the statistics.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

And this is the tip or the iceberg. Only the tip.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by whaaa

And this is the tip or the iceberg. Only the tip.

We know it and they know it. This thread is about damage control, public relations and spin. It's a shame that human compassion couldn't be expressed to those affected; those of us that care about the human and environmental elements, instead of all the techincal jargon; are met with sarcasm, arrogance and snarkyness. Those of us that have been around awhile are accustomed to the utilization of....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I suspect that the motivation is to avert panic the same way the MSM is avoiding this subject like the plague and independent news crews are being kept away from the real devastation and in come cases arrested. Thank God for ATS and the people with the guts to pursue the truth.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join