It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RELIEF WELLS NEAR COMPLETION in the face of Methane/Oil SUPER ARMAGEDDON

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Drilling the hole down there isn't the problem. Its locating and hitting the pipe. That's going to take some time.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostpigeon

Thanks for the the info, ghostpigeon!

When you mentioned Ixtoc, it reminded me of something my son brought up. Ixtoc, like Deepwater Horizon are (were?) both owned by Transocean. He took one look at the name Ixtoc and said, "Toxic ...unscramble the letters and it spells toxic!"

Sorry to inject 'conspiracy' thoughts into a great, logical, thoughtful thread, so... I'll change the tone of my post right now:

I do see this working. (I believe in the power of positive thinking.) I wish we could all, collectively, take 3 minutes to envision a calm, peaceful, healed seabed in the Gulf of Mexico. Thoughts do have power-- after all, they are the energy release of countless neurons firing... oh, what if?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
This would be great news, IF the casing isn't already blown out, which I have on pretty good authority is the case. Essentially, this is the same reason the top kill failed last month. We'll see what's what soon enough. However, I fail to see why ANYONE would believe a single word BP says about their progress and their predictions for the success of the relief wells. NOTHING BP says can be believed or trusted. Fool me once, shame on you...FOOL me TWICE (three times, four times...) SHAME ON YOU (FOR BELIEVING LIARS AGAIN!!!), NOT ME...

My prediction stands here: the RELIEF WELLS will FAIL.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Thanks. I thought it was pretty interesting and I totally missed the Ixtoc thing! I wasn't ever too intrigued by that kind of thing a few years ago, but lately I pay at least some attention to stuff like that. I'm not a big follower of Illuminati type stuff, but there have been too many "coincidences" that look like someone signaling an intention to ignore that totally. I'm at least keeping that in peripheral vision these days and appreciate the tip!

Seems like a little lag in the responses here now and some new folks coming on, so I'm anxious to see if someone brings something new in. I think I'm just jumpy in general since the blowout happened and pretty overwhelmed by the magnitude, but I have ominous feelings about the prospects here. I haven't seen a lot from BP to convince me they're coming across with anything near full info.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Should have also added, I'll try and join you in the positive thinking new_here, it's about all we got at the end of day from where we're sitting.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by okachobi

There's another thread, and I'm ,monitoring it too, over at:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Earlier they were talking about magnetic pulses (or electrical) that were being sent down the pipe for the relief well operation to "read" and help locate the pipe more accurately. I hope that increases the chances and probably can't hurt, but it's still a tough shot to hit it right on.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Hey PuterMan, aren't we on the wrong side of ATS at the moment.

Anyway,
Great stuff as usual.

My fear about the Hydrogen nuke is the aftershock it would generate. The blast and melting from the nuke can be more or less controlled, predicted but the aftershock always remains an unknown variable and that's why I think they won't go for the nuke option.

I read somewhere that those two relief wells are not suited for exploitation, different way of construction and the reason why they are faster to drill than an "exploitation" well.

I believe the biggest issue with the bottom kill is going to be the pressure down there. Intersection is only a matter of time but pumping the heavy liquids to stop the flow is going to be the real challenge. I wonder if it wouldn't be better to have both relief wells working together to stop the flow simultaniously. Just a thought.

Anway,
The guys drilling those relief wells know what they do and they also have the information of what went wrong during the blow out and the failed top kill. I hope it's going to work and the big cleanup can start.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowfoot

my concearn as you mention the sea floor is in fact the history of the region it is stated that the possible asteriod that created the ice age was the one that hit the yucatan peninsula with such force its shock wave enveloped the earth 6 times ,you can actually watch this in the opening sequence to armageddon the point being that the sea floor "crust" in that region must be shatterd like a windshield would shatter but without the laminate to hold it together that said
the oil is below that and above that is the ocean or gulf as its known we are all aware of the depth and imense pressures being the key problem so imagine this the oil and gas is in essance ahuge balloon if you like that floats contained in ahuge sponge the weight above it so the bottom line is if they dont manage to cap the flow or they dont get the pressure right in exchanging sediment for oil in essance the weight of the water above will or can cause the sea floor to fracture in such a way that it would in essance disintegrate i guess the word "equalibrium" comes to mind you see what most people fail to realise is that oil is lighter than water and can u imagine the weight of the water above those deposits add to that a shatterd crust that is highly unstable should the equalibrium not be balanced then in essance all that oil and gass fill find its way to the surface i guess it is worst case scenario and im sure i havent explained it properly and i sure do hope this is one disater we can fix and learn from but like most people write when theyve fixed the problem then perhaps for most the glass will be half full again the only reason its half empty is because weve all had enough of wealthy greedy selfish evil men with only there self in mind rapeing and pillageing us and this little bubble we all live on and if nothing else for me the glass is definately going to be half full again as the MASSES the PEOPLE are awakening and expressing them selves for we have all surely had enough already.
and im anglo american so i have no prejadice the british and american people are just the same its our governments that have lost the plot.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I starred and flagged for no doomsday end of the world scenario.
Lets hope this gets fixed and is put behind us so america can get there lives back on track.I still feel sicked by the fisherman that # himself

I hope this is all resolved soon!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Agentenglish

sometimes if not all the time one be it man or country can become a victim of its own success.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
This thread only contains information given out by BP.

When bp imposes even stricter restrictions on journalists entering the area (40000$ fine) you can bet it is getting worse, not better.

As long as information flow is restricted, you can bet there is some shady business going on.

[edit on 7/3/2010 by above]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Pfft. I'll believe it when I see it.
Forgive me for not believing a word that comes out of BP's mouth.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

Hmmm so if I were to offer BP the galaxies most powerful, super-weapon that would make them the supreme rulers of the entire galaxy, as a prise, they'd get the well capped in days rather than months?

OK then...., I'll go get it out of the junkpile sitting in the basement with all the other stuff I never use..

[edit on 7/3/2010 by Ironclad]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Thanks for the very informative post!

I will enjoy watching and reading some positive items.

S&F

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Wish in one hand, crap in the other....see which one fills up faster.

We can all be as positive as we want to be, but that has absolutely no effect on this whole thing. I'll be positive about this man-made disaster once it's OVER.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Are the OP working for BP?

Worst bull# evah.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Morning All!

reply to post by avatar01

Those who are against the nuke option because it will "pollute the water" have no idea what they are talking about.

If that is their concern then you are correct, there is no cause to be against it for that reason.

Unfortunately for me that is not the reason. My concern is that if this is an already unstable shale structure below the gulf then a nuclear explosion could introduce further instability. Remember that a nuke causes what in effect is an earthquake. Personally I don't think we want to be introducing more earthquakes than the area aleardy gets. Just my opinion.

I believe N.of Norml said it very well in a later post.

The concern is not for the radiation but rather because of the brittle granitic caprock which is already riddled with fissures and leaks and covered by an unstable mix of salt domes sedimentary deposit and a lot of gas clathrates.
The judgment is among those scientifically opposing the nuclear option are doing so based on the geology of the area not the possibility of radiation.

reply to post by ~Lucidity

Sorry I don't know the answer to that. I have seen nothing personally.

reply to post by skeptic_al

Officially I believe they are drilling two wells because the second is in case the first fails. As I said earlier if the first works it does leave them options for the second.

I believe your conjecture is well reasoned.

reply to post by ghostpigeon

One of the problems that have been brought up with a nuke is the problem of subsidence, or subsidence craters in which the nuke creates a "bubble" from an explosion - a cavern of glassified rock that eventually breaks and fills in.

Precisely so and a very good reason in my opinion not to use the nuke option.

Bill Clinton said in a speech or appearance this week he would order the navy to blow it up but use high power non-nuke explosives

I consider this to be no better. They just should not be exploding anything I feel.

reply to post by whaaa

At least they can make nice charts and diagrams to make everyone feel better.

reply to post by Blender

I'M HERE TO LEARN WHAT I CAN ABOUT THE OIL SUPER ARMAGEDDON! WHEN? WHERE? HOW? IS A TSUNAMI FULL OF UFO's & SHARKS COMING MY WAY?

Heeeey! They are gonna fix it?

What a misleading title

You just about encapsulated the problem. The original title was "Relief Wells Nearing Completion" just that - no caps. The thread was about to sink and another poster suggested beefing up the title which I did against my instinct.

The problem here is ATS not me trying to mislead. I wanted this info to be seen, and this was the only way to do it.

He took one look at the name Ixtoc and said, "Toxic ...unscramble the letters and it spells toxic!"

Anyone got any ideas on deepwater horizon?

Originally posted by odd1out
This would be great news, IF the casing isn't already blown out, which I have on pretty good authority is the case. Essentially, this is the same reason the top kill failed last month. We'll see what's what soon enough.

My prediction stands here: the RELIEF WELLS will FAIL.

This would be true if they only attempt to fill the well from the top. There has to be sufficient heavy mud/concrete introduced from the bottom - the relief well - to make it work in my opinion otherwise the pressure will simply move out sideways if the 'plug' is shallow.

Predictions that are based on uncertainty generally fail. Northern Europe was supposed to be wiped off the face of the earth on the 26th June but we are still here. Katla was supposed to blow about 2 weeks ago - it has not. I could go on.

I hope that YOUR prediction is wrong also!

reply to post by Nidwin

Hey PuterMan, aren't we on the wrong side of ATS at the moment.

Yes definitely!!! I am much more comfortable with earthquakes and volcanoes! I am a bit out of my depth (
) here!! I just felt this info was not coming over amongst all the doom and gloom.

reply to post by Agentenglish

and im anglo american so i have no prejadice the british and american people are just the same its our governments that have lost the plot.

Amen to that!

---------------------

To everyone: Thanks for your input and thanks for keeping this away from being doom and gloom. Yes the information we have is from BP but to say that you don't believe it would suggest that you believe the disinformation being served by so many sites on the net.

I accept that they may not be telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth but at the end of the day it is still be best source if information.

I will try and get further information and graphics but in the meantime let us keep the candle of hope burning and not snuff it out just yet.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by trolleleet
Are the OP working for BP?

Worst bull# evah.

I think we have already established that I do not work for, have any connection with or support BP, something you would have discovered had you bothered to read the thread.

If this is the worst bull# evah [sic] then perhaps you would be so kind as to point us all in the right direction to the information that is not bull# since in order to formulate that opinion you must have had some comparative material.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

You're in here touting how the relief well is near completion and yet know nothing about how they casually stated that the mere existance of Alex delayed these wells by two weeks? That hardly correlates with your thread title of "near completion." You might be blowing as much smoke as BP, the government, and the drill site itself.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by PuterMan

You're in here touting how the relief well is near completion and yet know nothing about how they casually stated that the mere existance of Alex delayed these wells by two weeks? That hardly correlates with your thread title of "near completion." You might be blowing as much smoke as BP, the government, and the drill site itself.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by ~Lucidity]

Let us be quite clear here. "Nearing completion" can refer to two things.

• The completion of the drilling to sufficient depth to perform the operation
  • The time approaching for the operation to be carried out.

They are not necessarily the same point in TIME and hence the well can be near completion but the hurricane can delay the time for the operation to be completed.

You might also care to look up the meaning of touting. In fact I will provide you with the link so you can read for yourself and see that it does NOT apply to the dissemination of information where gain is not involved.

Edit: BTW you stated "yet know nothing about how they casually stated that the mere existance of Alex delayed these wells by two weeks?". Can you quote your sources on that?

[edit on 3/7/2010 by PuterMan]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join