It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RELIEF WELLS NEAR COMPLETION in the face of Methane/Oil SUPER ARMAGEDDON

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
From Yahoo buzz posted by "All Along the Watchtower" 7/5/2010.

FY consideration:

Last night on Coast-to-coast AM George Noory had Richard C. Hoagland speak to this 'relief well' and he says that we are being kept ignorant of two main issues;

1) There is a tremendous gas field at depths that may surface en masse and ignite once airborn and create a Gulf coast conflagration that would devastate the South. That is why the volunteers are discouraged from clean-up.

2) The camera show focussed on the broken well-head is not the source of trouble that worries the principals in this disaster; it is a vent crack in the strata ten miles or so away that is the source of mass leakage of gas and oil.

He did not say if the explosion created the seismic flaw or if the flaw caused the explosion.

Further, he says a demand must be made on BP for the proprietary drill 'mud data', which they refuse to produce because it is their 'prospectors map' of where the 'black gold' is; this is crucial to figuring out how to cap or seal the leak.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by PuterMan

Radiation won't go through that much water. That is not the concern.

I know what the concern is. The link to the radiation in Scotland was just an indicator of how long things can take if it were to go wrong.

Water moves by the way. If you have worked on a database of radiation readings on a nuclear power station coolant outfall then you will be aware of just how much it can pick up if things are not quite right.

Water doesn't carry radiation - the stuff floating in it does.

10 feet of water will block radiation. Thousands of feet of water over it should be more than enough to do so.

The radiation is not the concern.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I guess that 200 mile line crack on the seafloor means nothing since after all the "relief wells" are coming to save us. This cannot be fixed and will not be stopped. There is greater benefit by keeping it going than by stopping it. That's just common sense. Look at what has happened over the past nearly 3 months now...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dovdov
I guess that 200 mile line crack on the seafloor means nothing since after all the "relief wells" are coming to save us. This cannot be fixed and will not be stopped. There is greater benefit by keeping it going than by stopping it. That's just common sense. Look at what has happened over the past nearly 3 months now...

Where the hell do you get your "data" from? Do you have any idea how improbable a 200 mile line crack on the seafloor is? I would imagine it more likely with hard rock surfaces because they splinter easily. Shale is very soft and does not crack easily.

Besides the well drilled goes several kilometers deep so other than a little soil erosion by the well casing, it should be fine otherwise. Seriously I wish people would stop the fear-mongering...way too much of it lately!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Hmmm.....

After investing a bazillion clams into drilling this well,I would think that they would be trying to tap it,not seal it off.

A little pollution of the gulf is of no concern to those who would delay capping it,and instead intersect it and tap those reserves.

There are people from every level to profit from tapping those reserves,and BP would have no prob paying out for the damages to the gulf ,or paying lawyers to dead end any claims for damages if they did manage to tap it .

I am sure that the imported seafood industry is about to cream their jeans over this whole mess,tourism to other states must be firming up a few gubmints knickers too,stiffies galore from the chaos.

There are people who are well compensated to sit around and devise actions to take in any scenario,regardless of how dire the situation,there is someone waiting to profit from our ,or anyone elses' misery.

This world is so absolutely evil,and we feed it by believing everything is just hunky dory.

America was supposed to be different,but too few knew what freedom was to keep it.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It'll be a trickle by next week, said BP a month ago. How are those relief well...er...how's the pipeline...er...how's it going? Still waiting to hear about what BP and the government are cooking up as the two backup options. It might be time to get cracking on those. Chop chop.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Best case scenario:

(1) The leak is stopped
(2) Everyone sighs with relief
(3) Drilling continues around the world
(4) We eventually screw up the planet anyway

So.. big F'n deal.

It's not that i don't care, I just prefer to look at the BIG picture.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

Yes, quite amazing how a little bit of fear can bring a bunch of spectators. It seams like no one wants to see anything if it's just some good news. HOW BORING!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join