It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism in the gaming industry in America?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

ahh alas all the white people are sore and yet I bet they don't even have any other friends that are non-white. They say themselves they are not racist and yet try to tag me as racist. Sounds like somebody has a sore thumb and probably closet racist themselves. I remember history class and how the civil rights movement went. I remember also how the whites back in the day also stated there is nothing wrong. but damn there was that segregation they started.

SOB....

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

I just think theres two options for you. You either:

a) are projecting your feelings of race onto other things, and using it as a crutch.

or

b) are really confused on what racism actually is.

I'd really like to know from you, back on you subject about racism in games, please, answer this.

Why is it that it's racist to kill African zombies in Resident Evil 5, but not racist to kill Spanish zombies in Resident Evil 4?

I only ask why one is racist and the other isn't, because you weren't the first person to say RE5 was racist. A lot of "civil rights" groups got into the fry pan at one point pre-release of the game and accused it of being racist, but nobody did such for RE4. Not a peep.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Why is it racist if the zombies are black? Its ok to kill white zombies though? Op is fail

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

ahh alas all the white people are sore and yet I bet they don't even have any other friends that are non-white.

Um...what?

They say themselves they are not racist and yet try to tag me as racist.

Just because you say racist things, silly I know.

Sounds like somebody has a sore thumb and probably closet racist themselves.

Really? Which thing that I said would make you believe that?

I remember history class and how the civil rights movement went.

Awesome! Is that on your demo reel?

I remember also how the whites back in the day also stated there is nothing wrong.

That is my fault? That is why you cannot get a job? That is why you are racist? Are you still in High School?

but damn there was that segregation they started.

SOB....

Allrighty then. Thanks for coming in to see us today. We note that you have no demo, no portfolio, nothing to demonstrate any knowledge, experience, or creativity. You say things for no reason and seem obsessed with race. You clearly stated that white people do not care for themselves as others do. Please send the next applicant in as they might actually have a shot, have nice day!

So, you have nothing to show us that you have any talent at all then? All you have is race baiting? Cool. You are full of it, you really are. This entire thread is the ignorant demonstration of the victim minded jouvenile at work. You have no reason anyone should hire you to sweep floors let alone design games and you have already insulted all white people while calling companies that never met you racist. When you turn 21 and they stop letting you attend classes at your high school, maybe take a class at the local library or something and see if you can get something to show people other than your whining that Japanese companies only hire white people.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

lol You must have some severe read comprehension problems.

Nope. I can read just fine. You said WHITE nerdy people. Why did you say WHITE instead of just nerdy? What is the difference between white nerds and nerds of any other race? Please enlighten me so that I can be a better reader.

But you seem sore and bitter about this subject.

Do I? Clearly the person that guess projection is correct. If I said anything bitter sounding, point it out. I give you every one of your posts as my example of someone who is bitter.

I myself have dated dated white girls and even my best friend is white.

LMAO!!!!!!!

Are you new?

My best friend is white. That is too funny. If you do not know why, it shows your age.

So tell me again how I am racist?

By saying white people do not care for themselves the same way nerds of other races do. That is how.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Be honest with us. You are just looking for a fight and a place to vent, right?

You have been asked to demonstrate your talent. You have not even demonstrated any real knowledge aside from reading some software names in 3DMagazine.

You kind of need to actually prove your point. Show us who has been racist and how you know. Show us you should have been hired anywhere. Otherwise, you are just using ATS to spew angry vitriol against a world that is not willing to hand you what you want undeserved.

So, gonna show us you are talking about something real or just keep arguing back and forth about nonsense?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

LMAO

I love it when people just dissect your post just to think they are smart!

Sure and what expose myself to the world? lmao! But yet I know nothing of you. A trade for a trade,but probably post somebody elses things instead of your own. lol

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

Be honest with us. You are just looking for a fight and a place to vent, right?

You have been asked to demonstrate your talent. You have not even demonstrated any real knowledge aside from reading some software names in 3DMagazine.

You kind of need to actually prove your point. Show us who has been racist and how you know. Show us you should have been hired anywhere. Otherwise, you are just using ATS to spew angry vitriol against a world that is not willing to hand you what you want undeserved.

So, gonna show us you are talking about something real or just keep arguing back and forth about nonsense?

you give me a legit source of your work and I will post something of mine.

trade for a trade.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

HEy, I didn't bring up the controversy in the first place.

www.gamepolitics.com...

So....

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   

you give me a legit source of your work and I will post something of mine.

Yup, high school must be cruel for you.

I am not the one crying that I am qualified but cannot get a job. I have a job and I know I can get another. I have no need to prove anything to anyone. I did not make any claims, YOU did. You claim you are qualified but are being discriminated against based on race. BACK IT UP!

trade for a trade.

Almost every one of your posts alone is a reason not to hire you. I am not the one starting a thread calling an entire industry racist for not hiring me. YOU ARE. BACK IT UP or GIVE IT UP.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Yes, there could be racism in the gaming industry(like there is racism everywhere). No, this does not mean that this is the reason you can't get a job.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

ahh alas all the white people are sore and yet I bet they don't even have any other friends that are non-white. They say themselves they are not racist and yet try to tag me as racist. Sounds like somebody has a sore thumb and probably closet racist themselves. I remember history class and how the civil rights movement went. I remember also how the whites back in the day also stated there is nothing wrong. but damn there was that segregation they started.

SOB....

When you play the race card in addition to the "Oh it's okay I have friends of x race" card, you basically forfeit all right to be taken seriously whenever you cry racism. The Majority of NBA players are black, does that make the NBA racist? No.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by technical difficulties]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

I know that i'm going to be flamed for this one. To get into the gaming industry, you have to know people. Period

Naw.

What people don't realize is that game industry isn't all glamour. You want to be lead programmer for Fable 3? Guess what, no one starts out as the lead programmer. Everyone has to do their time. I love how all these recent grads come in and expect to be hired at certain pay grade and position, no dude, you gotta start at the bottom like everyone else. You have to prove yourself, a degree doesn't prove anything.

Do you want to get into the industry? You have to start at the bottom. Generally, the bottom is Q&A. That's where my partner started, straight out of high school, it was crap, with low pay and long hours and sometimes weeks with no work, but today just a scant three years later he is the lead tester for a major studio at a damn good salary. He proved him self by taking it on the chin for a couple of years, and showing he COULD take it.

He makes hiring decisions for his testing teams and he avoids grads, they have high expectations with out the gump to put in the time.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

I don't care if I just paint textures on a tree. I just want in. I know gaming industry is tough with long hours of work and little pay. I remember a fiasco back in the day with EA and they basically treated all the artists like a legal sweat shop. Some artists were severely mentally exhausted from that ordeal even had to go to the hospital because of the abuse. But 25k a year sounds a lot better than minimum wage plus tips.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by technical difficulties

No but they had a difficult start to get into from the day it started. Just like it is hard to get into the industry now. Just like Jackie Robinson of the MLB. He was harassed a lot, but he proved to the world that a minority can play baseball.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

And you like to instigate things. Who said anything about high school?

BTW I liked the Dragon Age game it was enjoyable. A game that actually took me a long time to beat. I even bought the expansion pack awakening. Also I went to one town and I was shocked to see a brotha at the gate. I cried in happiness.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

reply to post by K J Gunderson

And you like to instigate things.

Oh, must be. My bad for starting this thread.

Who said anything about high school?

I did. Maybe your reading comprehension is causing some trouble at the application level.

BTW I liked the Dragon Age game it was enjoyable. A game that actually took me a long time to beat. I even bought the expansion pack awakening. Also I went to one town and I was shocked to see a brotha at the gate. I cried in happiness.

Why are you telling me about Dragon Age?

What do you mean a brotha? I thought you were Hispanic?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Resident Evil was a bad choice to prove your point. One of the main characters is black and your in Somalia.. What colour are you expecting the locals to be?

Some people are never satisfied, people wanted that game banned cos it only had black, so they stuck in a load of hispanics.. which works really well in Somalia where we all know loads of Spaniards live

Looking way too far into this methinks.

[edit on 5/7/2010 by ItsallCrazy]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

You're not going to make 25K to start with!

You want in? Start by letting go of unrealistic expectations.

People that are successful in the gaming industry are NOT in it for the money generally.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
His expectations are most certainly higher than they should be.

I even tried entry level positions.

No experience and so far not really demonstrating any skill, knowledge, or creativity kind of makes me wonder why he would place entry level jobs on such a lowly level as such.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join