It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The energies of the cosmos, on your birth-

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Wow! Thank you very much for this extended interpretation! It was very revealing and informative! And I believe your interpretation was extremely accurate!

You made several references to the great year cycle. Quote: "You being on the edge of Virgo...could mean...you are close to the end of your cycle here on Earth." and "You being on a cusp could also be showing...you are not bounded by the 'cycle' at all....but you have made a choice to come here....for others. A choosing of Virgo and Libra together...can make a very helpful soul here to others...and can make you a light unto the world around you. " EndQuote. This is quite interesting and honestly, a little bit scary. I've been told all my life I'm an Old-Soul, and Wise-Beyond-My-Years, A Deep Thinker, a Natural Healer, etc. I just thought it was people B.S.'ing with me, goofing around, you know? Also, for as long as I can remember, I sometimes would get a really weird, but strong feeling of wanting to "Go Home" if that makes any sense at all. Not death or anything, but as if I belonged somewhere else, another place. When you said that I "may be close to the end of my cycle here on earth", and possibly "not being bounded by the 'cycle' at all", that really struck a nerve and suddenly made that "Going Home" feeling make sense!

You also mentioned a few times that to fully understand Life, The Universe, And Everything (to turn a phrase), it must be discovered and interpreted by oneself, and cant' be told by another. I agree and have thought this way for a long time. But it was because I thought that the deepest, strongest knowledge is hidden and obscured and must be dug up like buried treasure. So I've tried to find out the truth to everything: Life, God, How mankind fits into the Grand Scheme of Things, etc. My motto: Truth above all else.

Anyway, this is really cool! Thanks for doing this! I can't believe you got all that just from the orientation of the planets and stars! Incredible!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Hey thanks a lot for your effort,
i really appreciate your patience replying to so many atsians , dats gr8 service.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Thank you so much! Strange that even though almost everyones have changed, mine hasnt really.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Geoffrey

In most astrology....you are likely told you are Aquarius. Try going to a general astrology site to find your birthdate and Sun sign....they are going to tell you that your an Aquarius.

Sidereal Astrology (Vedic Astrology) puts you as a Capricorn but right on the edge of the Aquarius boarder. The Sun was truly in Capricorn on your birth.

So it has changed actually.

In the pic below....looking DOWN at the LEFT SIDE of the image with the white line through it....you can see the line on the inner green circle going through Aquarius (tropical/old sign)....the line then goes through the second circle (sidereal) showing you on a Vedic wheel of Capricorn, on edge of Aquarius.......then on the outside wheel is truly where you Sun is on your birth, in Capricorn.

You can look at the inner wheel of your old sign Aquarius.....then find Aquarius on the outer wheel..............this is how much the sign has seemed to move in relation to where the sun is at this time of year.

Looking at the Aquarius spaces on the wheel....you can get a idea of how little of a opening there is for someone to be a 'past Aquarius' using astrology....and for someone to also be a 'present Aquarius' using astronomy. A very small space that could have a line drawn through to on Aquarius in the inner circle and Aquarius on the outer circle.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by KneelBeforeZod00

Thank you for the feedback Kneel...

This is really a first for me in this thread...sharing with others how I see the wheel as a path and cycle of incarnations and purpose. My view has to do with my own journey and seeking so I really had no idea that these ideas of the wheel that I have would relate and connect to so many others. I was really reluctant to start sharing how I saw the wheel as a tool....for I didnt want my 'crazy ideas' to distract people from the thread for one....or cause them to not want to be involved int he thread cause I might believe in reincarnation ect....

So I constantly tell others....its your path, if something doesnt sit will with you and dose dont resonate with you then disregard it without worries.

So far I have had really positive reactions to my 'perspective' of the wheel...I still am leery though, to tell someone too much or try to be detailed....for I dont want to label someone in a way that may mislead them.

Your feedback was greatly received

LV

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Thank you for the reply. I can see you have been very busy with this thread, so I really appreciate the hard work! I was kind of confused with your reply. Sorry, I don't understand much about astrological speak. So I have a question, does what you said mean that I am a Leo? Again, thanks in advance.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoJAk

Thank you for the reply. I can see you have been very busy with this thread, so I really appreciate the hard work! I was kind of confused with your reply. Sorry, I don't understand much about astrological speak. So I have a question, does what you said mean that I am a Leo? Again, thanks in advance.

Yes, that makes you a Leo.

When you weigh and sift this idea for yourself, within you, if you care to offer some feedback I would love to hear what you think. Even if you find it to not fit you....either way.

When I discovered I was a Leo...at first, I did feel a connection, like it was something I had known once upon a time but lacked the memory or understanding of it.

Over a few months time....weighing and sifting....I saw how it all fit perfectly....even my past sign that astrology offers me as a Virgo fit into my life.

What Leo means to you within, may not mean what it does to another....you might not find that what astrology sites offer you on Leo to resonate much...the meaning may be deeper, it may be a 'awaken-er' to you really.

Only take, what resonates.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hi Leo/Virgo

I have a question about how you decide which sign the sun is in, especially with regard to the Scorpio/Ophiucus issue.

Do you just use the boundary lines given according to Stellarium or do you try to judge for yourself?

Do you know how the boundaries are determined (I don't, this is an honest question).

I ask because when I look at the boundaries in Stellarium, what I see is that the ecliptic (path of the sun) seems really to be between the two constellations, if you just look at where the stars are. I mean, there's only one star in Scorpio above the line, and only one star in Ophiucus below the line, and the boundary they show seems pretty arbitrary to me.

edit to add another question:

I know this would be hard to do in this thread, since most people don't know exactly what time they were born, but do you put any weight on the rising sign?

[edit on 7/12/2010 by americandingbat]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
Hi Leo/Virgo

I have a question about how you decide which sign the sun is in, especially with regard to the Scorpio/Ophiucus issue.

Do you just use the boundary lines given according to Stellarium or do you try to judge for yourself?

Do you know how the boundaries are determined (I don't, this is an honest question).

I ask because when I look at the boundaries in Stellarium, what I see is that the ecliptic (path of the sun) seems really to be between the two constellations, if you just look at where the stars are. I mean, there's only one star in Scorpio above the line, and only one star in Ophiucus below the line, and the boundary they show seems pretty arbitrary to me.

edit to add another question:

I know this would be hard to do in this thread, since most people don't know exactly what time they were born, but do you put any weight on the rising sign?

[edit on 7/12/2010 by americandingbat]

Hi there!

This may help explain why when looking at a program like stellarium, we see the Sun much above the eclipitc line, for example, when its in Ophiuchus, its around the areas of his knees.....sitting above the ecliptic line...

en.wikipedia.org...

The ecliptic serves as the center of a region called the zodiac, which constitutes a band of 9° on either side. Traditionally, this region is divided into 12 signs of 30° longitude each. By tradition, these signs are named after 12 of the 13 constellations straddling the ecliptic. The zodiac signs are very important to many astrologers. Modern astronomers typically use other coordinate systems today (see below).

The Sun, moon, and planets do not follow a perfect line....some of the planets drift much more then just 9 degrees on either side of the ecliptic....the sun though seems to be no more or less then 9 degrees from the ecliptic line.

I do use the boundaries that stellarium offers to divide the constellations. There is a tool that you can pull up that will outline the boundaries around all the signs. But I do have some issues with the 'Ophiuchus and Scorpio' spot too. Not so much to do with the ecliptic, because like I said, its obvious the spheres dont follow a perfect 0degree line.....but right where Ohiuchus's left knee is...seems to be overlapped with the sign of Scorpio. This area is given to the boundary of Ophiuchus, but I tried to point out to most of the posts when dealing with this area...that this was a area where two signs seem to over lap, causing confusion.

The boundaries on stellarium follow the settings of the International Astronomical Union...

en.wikipedia.org...

For the purpose of determining the constellations in contact with the ecliptic, the constellation boundaries as defined by the International Astronomical Union in 1930 are used. For example, the Sun enters the IAU boundary of Aries on April 19 at the lower right corner, a position that is still rather closer to the "body" of Pisces than of Aries. Needless to say, the IAU defined the constellation boundaries without consideration of astrological purposes. The dates the Sun passes through the 13 astronomical constellations of the ecliptic are listed below, accurate to the year 2002. The dates will increment by one day every 70½ years, and already several have changed. The corresponding tropical and sidereal dates are given as well.

The chart on this link above shows the 'sun in constellation' according to the IAU....which does consider Ophiuchus to be on the ecliptic path of the Sun, Moon, and planets.

If you jump to the date of Dec. 4 on Stellarium...and find the Sun....you will see how the Sun does not follow the ecliptic on a 0 degree line....it has a space of 9 degrees above it or below it that it covers throughout the year.

I do put weight on the rising sign....most defiantly I do. Some use it more for traits, some find it useful to show what they need to work on or face....some use if for 'awakening' them to the purpose and journey in this life.

The biggest issue I have about offering signs using astronomy, is the small bit of space on Ophiuchus's left knee that seems to get over lapped with Scorpio. But it is still clear that the Sun spends some solid time in Ophiuchus, being much more then just on his foot.

Great topics there...and would love more feedback on what you think of it all.

Im still very much learning and deciding on what is and what is not.

My best
LV

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Some more interesting stuff....concerning the ecliptic and wobble...

The position of the vernal equinox is not fixed among the stars but due to the lunisolar precession slowly shifting westwards over the ecliptic with a speed of 1° per 72 years. A much smaller north/southwards shift can also be discerned, (the planetary precession, along the instantaneous equator, which results in a rotation of the ecliptic plane). Said otherwise, the stars shift eastwards (increase their longitude) measured with respect to the equinoxes — in other words, as measured in ecliptic coordinates and (often) also in equatorial coordinates. Using the current official IAU constellation boundaries — and taking into account the variable precession speed and the rotation of the ecliptic — the equinoxes shift through the constellations in the Astronomical Julian calendar years (in which the year 0 = 1 BC, -1 = 2 BC, etc.) as follows:

* The March equinox passed from Taurus into Aries in year -1865, passed into Pisces in year -67, will pass into Aquarius in year 2597, will pass into Capricornus in year 4312. It passed along (but not into) a 'corner' of Cetus on 0°10' distance in year 1489.

* The June solstice passed from Leo into Cancer in year -1458, passed into Gemini in year -10, passed into Taurus in December year 1989, will pass into Aries in year 4609.

* The September equinox passed from Libra into Virgo in year -729, will pass into Leo in year 2439.

* The December solstice passed from Capricornus into Sagittarius in year -130, will pass into Ophiuchus in year 2269, and will pass into Scorpius in year 3597.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply.

I'll be honest, I don't really know what to think of the whole astrology thing, and I mostly just use the "is this helpful to me" metric when deciding what to think

For example, my chart is very much earth/air dominated (in all three types -- tropical, sidereal, and astronomical). This fits with what I know of challenges that I face, modes of thinking that I use, defense mechanisms that I overuse. Maybe that's just coincidence, but looking at my chart provides me a means of questioning myself that I have found useful.

Also, thanks for answering my question about where the constellation boundaries in Stellarium come from and how you use them.

I'm still a bit confused about the ecliptic thing -- I thought the Sun was always right on the ecliptic (within a matter of seconds of the ecliptic anyway) and it was only the other planets that vary in distance from the ecliptic (up to 17 degrees in the case of Pluto I think)? That is, I thought the ecliptic is by definition the apparent path of the Sun, so I'm confused how it could be off (I did try looking at December 4, but didn't see what you meant).

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
It's quite synchronous that days before you made this thread I was busy re-discovering Astrology and wondering heavily about this whole mess: tropical/sidereal and now, as you've pointed out; sun in constellation.

I am really impressed with your will to carry out this task and bring the truth into the light. You seem to have a great understanding of these things, a great benefit! I've been a cancerian for years man! I found out (days before this thread) using What Watch's sidereal setting, that I am a Gemini. According to W.W. I'm RIGHT between the two. I've read almost every description of the signs... I feel a strong connection to both cancer and gemini..

I see you're quite busy..

Well here's mine
31.51 E, 29.49 S (durban,South Africa) - 09:10PM - 16 july 1985

No rush, I truely appreciate what you're doing here, I'll be reading through the rest of the thread...(on pg8 now! shoo!)
thank you
jm

I wish I could give this post a thousand, and more stars!
Leovirgo, I use stellarium. Give me the run down on how I could help. If I can, even a little, I'll lend a hand

peace

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Jimjolnir]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat

Thanks for the reply.

I'll be honest, I don't really know what to think of the whole astrology thing, and I mostly just use the "is this helpful to me" metric when deciding what to think

For example, my chart is very much earth/air dominated (in all three types -- tropical, sidereal, and astronomical). This fits with what I know of challenges that I face, modes of thinking that I use, defense mechanisms that I overuse. Maybe that's just coincidence, but looking at my chart provides me a means of questioning myself that I have found useful.

Also, thanks for answering my question about where the constellation boundaries in Stellarium come from and how you use them.

I'm still a bit confused about the ecliptic thing -- I thought the Sun was always right on the ecliptic (within a matter of seconds of the ecliptic anyway) and it was only the other planets that vary in distance from the ecliptic (up to 17 degrees in the case of Pluto I think)? That is, I thought the ecliptic is by definition the apparent path of the Sun, so I'm confused how it could be off (I did try looking at December 4, but didn't see what you meant).

As we questions things....we find things might not be what we thought they are.

So you have made me relook at some things...

First, I would like to take back my interpretations of the ecliptic....in that I thought it read the Sun could be up to 9 degrees above or below it. It was a quick glance on my part...and I miss read that.

Went back and re read some things and you are right, and I should of known such a thing.

The ecliptic is the path of the Sun......
Really sorry about that

Like I said...Im still learning...and for someone who never used to be into such things....it all kinda over loads me sometimes without a true understanding.

And your other points about about the signs...I agree. The signs along the ecliptic path have been a work in progress for many many years. Im more forgiving of it...because I can see how man has tried to personify images into the sky and this has changed over time. Example of it is some cultures saw Scorpio as a bird. By looking at the images of Scorpio and Ophiuchus....things look unusually crowded in a certain area...and the image that Stellarium uses for Ophiuchus is not the same image I have seen elsewhere on the web....like you said, showing just the foot below the ecliptic. Oddly enough, the foot isnt even pictured in the image....in Stellarium, but as you can see yourself, the image gets cut off below the knees. And I dont deny....this causes issues with me too!

But I also can see...we cant deny that Ophiuchus has dipped down into the path of the Sun most defiantly and has been for the last couple thousand yeas. Scorpio is not on the ecliptic much itself....but it is there.

If humanity keeps a open mind....and adapts to changes and keeps working and improving with changes....mabey there are changes to come of these two signs in that mabey the images will combine for 1 sign......making again a simple 12 sign wheel.

We are trying to work with images man made long ago....and I dont think it was foreseen that a foot of Ophiuchus would one day drop down onto the path of the Sun. I dont think it can be ignored....for that would leave alot of space in between Scorpio and Sagittarius.

I dont think they can just do away with Ophiuchus as a constellation because it has so much history tied to man itself, being the only sign named after a real man.

So I think man has a issue on their hands....wouldnt it be interesting to be sitting at the big table that has to discuss and decide on such things
And to have a voice in such things.

I will also say this...as much as I see the signs show alot about man kinds past....when dealing with a wheel as a 'clock' for our 'great year' I ran into many problems with the 'signs' and their make up. One of the biggest issues with it is that the signs are not the same size....making some ages longer then others....when the majority of the public thinks that each age should last the same amount of time. This is logical thinking on my part...but if we are using the signs to determine a age.....we get problems.

So mabey this is just another bump in the road that will one day lead to improvements.

For a long time, I thought a wheel with no signs would be best. Just divide it equally....number each division....then we wont have all of these issues

But the signs is a part of our past...its a part of the memory imprint of humanity....if we tried to take away the signs....it wouldnt work. So I came to the conclusion....we can only improve our personifications, of the stars.

The images in Stellarium are just one image offered that has been made by man. I have seen several 'ideal' drawings of all the signs, some of them differing alot from each other. Aquarius was one of them that stands out in my mind, some images shows him kneeling and pouring water....some shows him standing.

Even though we have these issues of the images...I still think we cant keep ignoring the Sun passes through Ophiuchus. If it passed through any other sign, even for just a day or two....we should acknowledge it (as long as we are using signs).

Like I said...we may be looking at a work in progress...something humanity as a whole, as many cultures being ONE people...we may have to 'improve' our 'signs'.

Thanks for getting me thinking

Going to look into it a bit more, and the history of it...and would like to be able to see about 'when' did it starts to be a background to the path of the Sun.

Mabey its been ignored longer then Im thinking....IDK...

Let me know if you think any more on this!

My best
LV

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jimjolnir

09:10PM - 16 july 1985

Hello there!

Thanks so much for your kind comment and supporting the search for truth

Surprisingly (I still cant believe it) I have made it through all the posts....I binged for about a week (early mornings and late at night) and caught up with the posts just recently.

So many things had to happen in my life...for this thread to of been made.

Your Sun rises in Gemini on your birth. Mars also in Gemini and at your time of birth...the moon has just moved into Gemini...making the moon in the last day of a moon cycle. The day after your birth, the moon is in a phase called 'no moon' since its so close to the sun, it cant be observed in the night sky. We have a phase of 'no moon' every month. Mars is so close to the Sun on your birth that it can be considered to be in conjunction with the Sun. Your Sun is about 4 days away from moving into Cancer for this year. Im a believer that our old signs do resonate with us...for I believe in a past life, we have been this sign. Carrying with us, what we learned....to this life. But that is personal speculation and nothing to take seriously unless something like that resonates with you.

Before the Sun rises, Taurus comes in the East bringing Venus.

Mercury is in Leo, sitting out in front of the Lion.

Pluto in Virgo by her right ankle.

Saturn in Libra sitting in the middle area of the scales.

Uranus in Ophiuchus in between his knees.

Neptune in Sagittarius close to top of bow.

Jupiter in the middle of Capricorn.

Your moon phase...
stardate.org...

My best to you
LV

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Ello LeoVirgo!

Once again, greatest appreciation for doing this for everyone! I keep looking for my d.o.b. so either I am a dumb-dumb or ya missed me! Which is completely understandable...buuuut....if you get in the mood again, my birth info is june 23rd, 1988, 7:22 am, cincinnati ohio. Thank you so much! Astrology is something I get more excited about daily...I love thinking about how everything is connected, kinda blows my mind a little bit :-)

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Hello again, I just have one question if you're still around, OP. Do our Rising signs need to be reworked, and if so, how? Thanks again.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekingmyself

Hello Seeking....

Took me a few mins to find it....but page 18....about 7 posts down

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syrus Magistus
Hello again, I just have one question if you're still around, OP. Do our Rising signs need to be reworked, and if so, how? Thanks again.

What do you mean, reworked?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
What about me, I was born June 30th, 1987 at 1AM in East Tennessee, EST.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Okay, I'll bite. Got me curious.
February 4th, 1974 about roughly 5:43 a.m. EST

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join