It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New US Army Uniform.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Here is an interesting looking uniform. Check out the link, its on CNN.com
www.cnn.com...

"WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Army revealed on Monday a redesigned combat uniform with a digital camouflage pattern that looks strikingly different from soldiers' current battle dress uniforms."

Read the whole article at the link.

[edit on 14-6-2004 by hhensley84]

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
This is one of the many Red Army uniforms:
www.movieprop.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
Do you see any purpose in that? I dont. Sorry, i dont see the purpose of this topic. (no offenese).

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
//www.movieprop.com/reddawnrussian3.jpg[/img]
Do you see any purpose in that? I dont. Sorry, i dont see the purpose of this topic. (no offenese).

What a jerk. Then don't post anything. Some people may be interested to know that the Army may have a new uniform with a digital camouflage pattern. It's people like you that keep people from posting in fear of being flamed.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Well i hope this new style of camo works better then the old one.Anything that helps our side at this point can only be good.

[edit on 14-6-2004 by dwh0]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Nice uniform indeed.

Are they already in service?

A person I know in the Marines said that they already wair them but cant be seen in public in it.

Out,
Russian

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   
You who posted the Red Army uniform. You are a bloody prick. Get lost!!!

Anyway that uniform is horrible.... They should stick to their old ones. Meh i'll never stand next to a guy with that camo in a battlefield.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I think the Marines have been wearing them for a while, they have had pictures of people in them on the usmc.mil site in the past anyway. I was down at the army surplus store and found a set of the Marine �digital camouflage� pants in the back. Personally, I think they are ugly. But I guess if they work, we should use every advantage we have.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   
The USMC has digital uniforms that they currently wear, and although ugly they have some definite advantages. The main two advantages being that the boots do not require shining and the uniforms do not require pressing. There are other advantages that have to do with the pocket placement and the the wearing of a LBE (load Bearing Equipment), and also the fact that the pockets utilize velcro instead of buttons. I am in the U.S. Army and the new uniforms appear to have the same advantages as the uniforms currently worn by our Marine couter parts. It is also a major plus that the uniforms can be worn in both the desert and the forest setting, it will make deployments much easier.

[edit on 15-6-2004 by sheatc]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I haven�t seen one of the Army digital uniforms up close, but judging SOLELY from the picture, it doesn�t look like it would in very well in either a desert or wooded environment. It looks more like some type of arctic camo than anything else, at least in comparison with the woodland on his vest.

But, this is just from looking at the picture. I doubt the military would push something into service that they knew wouldn�t work.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I think the marines should wear stormtrooper costumes.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 05:28 AM
link   
The whole design looks strange. It will take some time getting used to its strange design both in the pattern and the layout of the pockets.

Here are some other links with more info and pictures
to boot
New Army Uniform

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Lol i really think it was about time the army got a new one. marines got their new uniform a couple of years ago and it looks better than the one the army got its a peice of S?%&

[edit on 15-6-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
It's a cool looking uniform. I think it's about time that someone came up with a more versital, lower maintainence uniform. If it works as advertised, we'll have a true battle dress uniform of the 21st century. Now lets wait and see if it meets the test of time.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The new digital-camo is real good. It blends in so much better than the older uniforms. There is no pattern you can pick up.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I think that this new uniform will not blend very good with a forest of desert.

For desret it needs more grayish.

For the forset it need some more greenish because it is to light.

Out,
Russian

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 04:24 AM
link   
The British Navy has had some complaints about the clothing that the saliors have to ware. The reasons are mainly becase they look to gay!

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Well the digital version of the desert cammo is/couldbe quite nice I think:

www.militarymorons.com...

Do notice that the pic was liberated from www.militarymorons.com... and is not depicting an actual operator. I don't know if there is a approved desert version but if this one is I'd say it's pretty nice!

[edit on 16-6-2004 by Clownface]
Doh.. linking the pic caused some popup-login windowthingi to happen.. Changed it to a link instead..

[edit on 17-6-2004 by Clownface]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Although the old BDU, Battle Dress Uniform, or the Army camo uniform, is alright, it does wear easily. All the services have been looking for a new uniforms over the past few years. The Marines were the first to come out with one, the AF is currently doing a wear test of their new one, and the Army is designing theirs it seems. The patterns do not have to match exact surroundings, it just has to break up a persons outline from the background. I for one am in complete support of the new uniform types since the do not need to be pressed all the time, instead they can be washed at home.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I just dont see how that camo can be appropriate for both woodland and desert. It looks like it might work in an arctic environment. Looking at that photo, the soldier stands out like dogs balls in contrast to the trees. While they may cost a little more than the old BDUs to make, soldiers wont need as many sets depending on the environment they operate in and therefore it will cost less to produce one BDU than two. As a result, I see this as a cost cutting excercise.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I say give it time until the give the word that this is the one they will be using. This is just an option they are considering still. The new one may able to blend better.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join