It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Proof for the Existence of the Spacetime Continuum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Now I was wondering about the controversial spacetime continuum.

I am for the spacetime continuum because I believe it accurately predicts how gravity acts. Here is a link to a thread by a friend of mine for that...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

(But something most of us don't know it wasn't Einstein who created the idea for a spacetime continuum but Minkowski, one of Einstein's teachers at the ETH Zuric.)

Anyway I thought about the perspective of different dimensions and gravity.

Here is what is known as a tesseract

en.wikipedia.org...

A tesseract is known as a four dimensional square.

This tesseract that is in rotation becomes very weird looking when looking at it head on.

Lets have a little thought experiment before we go on...

What would a 2 dimensional object look like if it was placed in a 1 dimensional world?

To me I would think that it would exist as a 1 dimensional part but it's true 2 dimensional quality would be hidden from view.

Now what would a 3 dimensional object look like in a 2 dimensional world?

It would look 2 dimensional.

Now it goes to what would a 4 dimensional object look like in a 3 dimensional world?

It would look like a 3 dimensional object.

But what if the object when it interacts with the 3 dimensional matter and energy warps?

It would create an effect that is 3 dimensional.

Now spacetime is known as a continuum of both space and time.

It occurred to me while I was looking at this picture what spacetime might be made of...

orbismediologicus.files.wordpress.com...

What if spacetime was made out of individual tesseracts that bent when they was mass present?

Then an effect which is 3 dimensional would be created.

I think that the effect created is called gravity.

Any questions, comments, concerns, or conundrums then please post here.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Idiot guide please?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Well it means that spacetime is composed of layers of individual tesseracts that are warped by our mass but we can't see them. We can only notice their effect.

The effect of the warping is gravity.

The reason why is that it is a 4 d object.

Think of it like this.

Let's say your wall was a 2 dimensional world.(circle)
We will also include a person on your wall.(Name him or her whatever you like.)

If you looked at them then they would only be able to see you 2 dimensionally or not at all.

It's basically the same but we can only see their effect.(gravity)

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Wow 3 hours and only one reply!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

Well there are claims that they have seen the pixes of the universe. IE, the smallest possible bending of space time when the individual "polygons" that make the curves up of space time become visual. It makes sense I suppose.

I view it as a big jello blob with crumbs in it. Matter floats around and flops together as it stretches apart.

An interesting view.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

Well there are claims that they have seen the pixes of the universe. IE, the smallest possible bending of space time when the individual "polygons" that make the curves up of space time become visual. It makes sense I suppose.

I view it as a big jello blob with crumbs in it. Matter floats around and flops together as it stretches apart.

An interesting view.

I still see it as individual tesseracts that we can't detect.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to [url= by Gentill Abdulla[/url]

The tesseract reminded me of John's work related to the grand unification theory....

"grandunification dot com/"

Also...if a light source is pointed diagonally towards a corner of a cube, a hexagon shadow is generated. Therefore, light positioning made eight vertices appear to be six related to the way the eye works. Could light projection be related to a higher dimension?

For example....say the source of the light that allows us to see in 4D originates from 1. The 3 primary colors are mixed to 4 secondary colors, including the white....1....3....7.

or...

137 which is referred to in the fine structure constant. Related to this number is speed of light and Planck length.

It seems to me, when an atom reaches a threshold, it becomes invisible, or faster than the speed of light....similar to orbitally rearranged monotomic elements (Gold ORME for example).

I think you will find your answer related to the number 137. It has some strange properties. For example, it divides 11,111,111 evenly along with 101, 37, 73, and 11. If for example, the number was 26,262,262 the the factors are the same except for 11, 26 (2 and 13) would be used.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by EinsteinLight]

new topics

top topics

join