It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Member Here: kalinda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hello internet folks on ATS.com

I'm new on the forums and look forward to reading articles, discussions, and videos. This looks like a really neat website. I joined for several reasons. First, I like to read alternative topics/or conspiracy theories. Sometimes I read them for fun, sometimes they seem possible/plausible. There's also this reason: I'm going to write a political satire and I figured a great way to get some possible stories and "brave new world" type ideas was from a good conspiracy site. I like science fiction writing.

I wrote a story called The New Foundation, it's free/online and I can send it to anyone if they want to read it. The story was written during 2001 about when I was twelve or thirteen. It starts out like this: "It was a long time ago when oil companies ruled the world" and I put together this dystopian U.S. where Americans drive in circles on highways, fed drugs by a corporate giant that disregards its people for profit. well, a lot of the stuff started having parallels over the years. The war in Iraq for one. This was before the war, and I wrote about "kidnappers" who came and stole children to fight in a war for oil. It's crazy how it parallels to what many people have said about the wars because at the time, it was totally in my head stream of consciousness. I had been on a cross country trip and that's where the highway stuff got inspiration.

Ok if anyone has anymore questions I'd be happy to answer them. Let me know if you'd like a link to the online book.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
wow you wrote something like that when you were in your early teens? no wonder you're here. welcome aboard

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Kalinda! Hope you have a good time and don't get too addicted! As for your ebook, you can just place the link in your signature if it's free. A few ATS members who have written free ebooks have done so, that way any post you make people will see the link and hopefully give it a read.

Enjoy your stay!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Awesome Ill take a look at that. I love to experience various styles of writing. Too many books published today sound the same. Im new here too, nice to meet ya and welcome to ATS!

Oh yeah, like the previous poster said you can post the link to your book in your signature (or profile) so people can check it out!

[edit on 2-7-2010 by eyeofthetiger]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kalinda

Hello! Welcome to ATS! I'm Krystine, how are you?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Hello kalinda!
Welcome and I for one would be interested in reading your work.
Sounds like you will fit in nicely here....very cool hood!
You might consider putting your link to the writing in your signature, or do a thread on it, it sounds thread worthy. You will get some good responses, some which of course may challenge you, but I have found that is part of the growing experience here. There will be supporters as well, but their is no lack of variety in opinion here...thank goodness.

Peace

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Thank you all for the warm welcomes. I'm in the process of trying it with a publisher, and I'll be happy to link to the e-book in my signature or thread.
I look forward to what people think about it.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

haha, yep. Thanks so much!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Welcome from me.

Im usually in the happy area's here.

I dont know if I'd call the UFO section here the happy section?
LOL

Nice to meet you.

K

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Little_Kona

Thanks! Nice to meet you. I guess it all depends with the UFO section.

new topics

top topics

join