It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freeway Flag - Display Of Patriotism Or Graffiti?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Freeway Flag - Display Of Patriotism Or Graffiti?

www.ktvu.com

SUNOL, CAlif. -- Interstate 680, in and out of the Silicon Valley, is one of the bay area's busiest freeways. And everyday for the last eight and half years there was a hillside mural motorists passed on the Sunol grade.

"It just made me feel really patriotic, just seeing it everyday," said motorcyclist Dave Freely.

Until Wednesday, motorists saw a 35 foot mural of the American flag painted on a concrete retaining wall.

On Thursday, it was just gray concrete painted over by Caltrans.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
This is an outrage. This flag has been there for 8.5 years and to paint it over at all is disgusting. To paint it over the week before the 4th of July is an outrage.

This flag was painted shortly after 9/11 and most of the motorists appreciated it being there. It reminded them of not only 9/11 but also instilled a bit of pride.

Perhaps the flag insulted the growing illegal population

Perhaps the feelings of pride in our country cause discomfort

Perhaps California has so much disposable cash at the moment the best thing they can think to do with it is to paint over an American flag.

I'm guessing that a Mexican flag would not be painted over for fear of an ACLU law suit. A mural of Hugo Chavez would certainly not be painted over, nor any mural that depicted the "melting pot" of America.

At a time when the government should be doing what it can to create a spirit of unity, painting over the single most powerful symbol of national unity is an outrage.

www.ktvu.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This clean-up work is part of the plan to takeoverthis nation.

One scenario:

1. Nuke Gulf Spill. Methane = Boom
2. Evacuate masses to California
3. Marshall Law
4. Etc.

There is already a Nazi running California so why not start there with the new control system.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The American flag is now graffiti. Absolute insanity. Because it was in a right of way? So, grey paint in the right of way is better, than our flag, and these guys now get to apply for a permit to paint it again? I guess that makes sense, they did something that improved the commute and landscape, but the government didnt get a cut.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
So paint it back?

Every graffiti mural I have ever seen painted over, popped back up within a few days. Graffiti artists like it that way! New fresh canvas.

Anyhow, I am sure this was typical maintenance and had nothing to do with SoCal bending over backwards to please their illegal hispanic population. I am sure they would have painted over a Mexican flag.....eventually.....if nobody got too upset......as long as Obama said it was ok........and no students protested.......and it wasn't during any sacred day of the week or month for Mexico.......and after much deliberation and money spent on studying the potential impacts to the community.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I never understood why people tolerate making our flag look junky. They wear it on their fat bodies, drag it on the ground, leave it out at night. It should be shown with respect, not like a child's coloring on the refrigerator. I am glad they covered it.

top topics

join