It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Report: Should BP nuke its leaking well?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Former President Bill Clinton said during a panel discussion in South Africa that it may become necessary to blow up the Deepwater Horizon well that continues to spew oil into the Gulf of Mexico.

Thanks gncnews.

Now we have Bill Clinton discussing the Nuke Option and we have Reuters writing about it. I have said from the beginning that I am heading for the Midwest if they start discussing the Nuke Option!

This is very bad. Lots and lots of reasons that this is very bad. I have linked many threads about Methane deposits as one reason it is bad.

Also, the strata below the Gulf Floor is not conducive to this. It is limestone and shale, not bedrock. It won't liquify and seal, it will fracture and collapse!

I pray they do not keep talking themselves into this!

(visit the link for the full news article)

Yahoo Link

[edit on 2-7-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I've been wondering why not for a while, but if the nuke doesn't work then the panic will really set in. So thats probably why it hasn't been used yet, but with the oil constantly leaking into the gulf... why wait any longer??

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Can anyone name a single time when blowing up a nuclear weapon helped anything on this planet?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

This would be one and it ended in a sealed gas well...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 2-7-2010 by NoJoker13]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Can anyone name a single time when blowing up a nuclear weapon helped anything on this planet?

Well, the Russians have supposedly used this techniqe and been successful 3 out of 4, or 4 out of 5 times. I forget. Anyway, the science is solid. Typically they drill below the blown out well, they set off the nuke to liquify the rock formations and collapse and seal the well.

The problem here is the shear depth of the well, the extra large Methane deposit, and the composition of the rock layers. This situation is much, much dicier than a typical bedrock situation.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by zroth

Well, the Russians have supposedly used this techniqe and been successful 3 out of 4, or 4 out of 5 times. I forget. Anyway, the science is solid. Typically they drill below the blown out well, they set off the nuke to liquify the rock formations and collapse and seal the well.

The problem here is the shear depth of the well, the extra large Methane deposit, and the composition of the rock layers. This situation is much, much dicier than a typical bedrock situation.

I have no doubt it turned the ocean floor to glass and sealed the hole but that does not mean it did any good. Nuclear bombs are bad news for the planet, it's ability to stop the sun's radiation and it's atmosphere.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by zroth]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I linked a video to the Russian's doing exactly that... two posts up.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by NoJoker13]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
No way that could make a huge hole and we could never plug it up. Then what would happen if the methane blew also hate to think what could happen, they don't know, nobody knows.

They are just going to have to plug it up some other way.

If they can not plug it up using pipes or something they may have to start pumping huge boulders or rocks down there, creating a mountain sized cover for it.

there was a solution thread on this board somewhere will have to look for it.

A idea just popped into my head, maybe they could just start putting huge metal plates down on top of it, like you see when they are working on the streets when they are digging holes, then, cover them up when not working on them.

they would have to be massive in size and heavy enough to not be simply blown away from the oil pressure, once they dump a massive amout of plates down on top of the gusher, this will give them some backing to sort of work with, then maybe pour a mountain of cement, and I do mean a mountain of it and then go from there and see what this will do.

Use no nukes this would be a massive mistake.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by ShadowRamesses]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13

I linked a video to the Russian's doing exactly that... two posts up.

Thank You!

I can't see the video from work, but I will check it out as soon as I get to the house. I knew they had success with this, but I haven't seen any videos.

What do you think about the different types of rock below the Gulf, and the large Methane deposits, both within the reservoir, and frozen in Hydrates on the sea floor?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Solution thread Link : www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
well I see the Nuke option as a do or die
scenario.

If we do nuke
and the volcano collapses
then we will destroy the coastline
and far inland with a tsunami.

If we dont nuke
then we all die a horrible slow
death from toxic rain, benzine
and core-exit poisoning.

Your choice !!!!!

Another problem still exist is that
multiple fissures are leaking. The only way
to stop all of them is to shift the entire
tectonic plate in the region. And that could
destabilize earth's rotation and pole shifts
then we would have another ice age. Not to
mention multiple earthquakes of the magnitude
never seen before by mankind.

If we nuke and it doesn't stop the leaks
then it will never be stopped.

So what do we do now ????
Wait to starve and be poisoned?
or take our chances with the tidal wave??

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Insanity! This is not a land situation. Set off the nuke watch the methane blow! and then watch the methane feeders that trail up through Texas turn to explosive rivers of fire.

This is all insane: but it will reduce the US population very quickly.

I cannot stand such idiocy even being considered ... except that TPTB see a nuke as an opportunity to eliminate the population of the southern states and Texas .... thereby eliminating the NWO's major opposition.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Okay...on that YouTube/PBS live Q&A with BP yesterday, the BP spokesman said they were working with the "government" on two options that he could not discuss. Nukes were the first thing that came to mind when he said that...otherwise why would he not be able to discuss?

Unless of course there aren't actually any options they're discussing at all. Seems to me that, side from being delayed from the storm, like the relief wells might be a bust. They're running out of options.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

I don't typically believe in depopulation, but I hadn't considered the notion that all the major opposition to NWO/NAFTA/Obamanism is in the Southern States and Texas.

Good Catch!

However, if we relocate amongst the Yankees, then we are harder to find and weed out. Therefore, they can't evacuate us, or warn us ahead of time. They have to leave us guessing until the last moment and then block evacuation, which corresponds nicely with webbots prediction of people from the South being "turned back."

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

They could actually nuke it with out even telling anyone........In fact I dont think they will give anyone a "heads up" ......

Can you imagine the fear and panic of knowing this will happen..........Most will evacuate from said locations..........

I think they will just roll the dice on this one.........put the nuke down there and let it go.........

If its successful then they are heroes to some degree……..If not they could blame the explosion on the methane……….

Either way the Government would escape liability of the consequences

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Whoops! Missed an existing thread, but it is in the BP forum so I guess it is ok to have duplicates? Anyhow, check it out as well!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Some suggest that BP could use a mini-nuke (like the ones used on the World Trade Center towers
), but the sea floor is too fragile and all sorts of things are coming up out of this vent (including bacteria that have never seen the light of day in our time .... a word to the wise and a nod to clif high's 'Blue Flue').

Nothing is held in laboratory isolation at the Destiny Horizon site, and that is worth remembering.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Well, if they do nuke it like Reuters, the Russians and many notable scientists are calling for, which by the way Clinton is calling for conventional explosives not nukes(Still bad but not quite as bad), I believe the date will be July 11. I posted some stuff on the Timewavezero thread and also read the Web Bot predictions which seem to match. That can be found here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Its page 89 so just type it at the top, takes a while to scroll there. They may not nuke it then but if they do then the month of July is going to be a sad and eventful one. The end of this prediction is August 11, so if it happens it will all be over by August 11. If you have the ability I would recommend leaving the area on or before July 10 and stay away until at least August 12, I know I am(although for different reasons).

I think its pretty scary to think about the NWO on this since the real opposition to them is the bible belt, conservatives, and middle aged to old Americans. Once we are out of the way the NWO only has sparadic resistance. Very scary stuff.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by memarf1]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Yes, lets, because fixing stupid with stupid is a great idea. note sarcasim

I suppose it would hurry things along. That could be a bonus. If we have everything collapse, explode, gush out all at once then we can get on with the whole recovery part. Right? Edit to add that it would be a bonus for BP. Wipe out the coastal areas and the people on them. They wouldnt have as many people to pay that way. Sucks, but you have to admit, they have taken their greed this far wouldnt be surprising if they went there. Not that I want anyone taken out. I just dont trust THEM anymore.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by mrsdudara]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join