It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big brother is watching, Hide your face

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The amount of cameras around these days really bother me, so do the street photographers that feel that just because they have the right to video tape me think that they have to no matter how i object. So here is a better alternative to wearing a mask everywhere you go, wear the invisible mask.

I have made several of these over the years and they work great. You can also use this around your licence plate and it is perfectly legal to do so because it does not obstrut the view of it (through the eye). Just a word of warning if you walk into a bank they tend to freak out or just start laughing, the people at the airport will give you a hard time too, but not a finger in the bum type of hard time. Just do not wear it in banks and airports.
If you want to make one try to find the brightest IR LEDs you can, the ones that are meant for replacement of remotes is not what you are looking for. You want the ones that are used for the lights on nightvision cams (like the sony nightshot).

[edit on 2-7-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Thats a pretty good idea. I think for the matter of hiding your identity in the first place its too late...otherwise I can see it having plenty of Identity security uses (and of course equal amounts of misuses)

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
To be honest, whilst I appreciate the thought behind the idea (and the thread), I think this is a little bit extreme.

I'm against big-brother more than anyone but surely wearing a hat like this is only going to attract more attention to yourself as the security CCTV operators will be wondering why they cannot see you?

At the end of the day, if the Government or authorities want to find you, for whatever reason, then they will - simple as that.

Personally, I'm not keen on being captured on CCTV an insane amount each day but I honestly don't think theres much you can do about it, its just one of those things...

Edit to add: I think its a little against the point making one of these hats and then not wearing it in a bank or an airport, those two places are where your going to be captured on CCTV more than anywhere else!

[edit on 2/7/10 by Death_Kron]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This is badboy i wonder if you place them on your licience plate if a speed camera can still catch you. Hell you could do a heist 5 people 5 hats and a car with leds your scott free. All this confidence boy do it in your mums car no camera can get you and change a letter so no witnesses. safe

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
If you wear this, I'm sure they will dispatch police.

I have no problem whatsoever with cameras in public places...
I mean if I got my wallet stolen or beat up I'd be some glad it was on camera so they can catch the suspect.

I know... I know.. "but it invades our privacy".

If you want privacy, stay home.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Neat! I hope I never have to rely on something like that, but it is good to know that such an economical contraption can be put together for such a purpose.

On a slightly different note, I can just imagine the reactions that might come from being spotted while wearing one of those.

"Uh, Jim, what is that on camera 192?"
"Let's see." Slight pause. "Is that an alien?"
"Holy crap you're right, it's a bright alien! We got to back up that video and post it on the 'net."
"Already on it!"

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

thats a pretty ignorant statement - if you want privacy stay home. tell me the document i signed that says i gave to consent to be watched wherever i go "for my safety"

safety nothing! most theives arent dumb enough to leave their faces exposed (at least in NY) so what good are they?

more police state crap, and its because of people like you that dont care or do anything that its allowed to be rolled out. authority will give you a good reason for something, but its rarely the real reason.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by BlesUTP]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Hey zaiger fantastic idea starred and flagged. In all seriousness have you ever thought of marketing this?

I understand you've taken the selfless route and posted the idea for free online, which by the way I admire you for.

But I would suspect that quite a few celebrities would be interested in your product, particularly for their children who they have to take lengths to prevent magazines etc from publishing photos of. Usually a one off payment is made by a celebrity to a magazine news site etc, then the paps can snap them, but they have to blur their children's pictures in the paper. Also celebrities pay alot of money for everything, you could stand to make a few bucks, although I suspect you're not that interested in money you could donate it.

I had a similar idea for a hanheld device that people could use to shine at the camera but this is much more practical, anyway cool idea best of luck!

Canadiandream I understand what you're saying and when they come through they are great and we praise their presence. But for the most part they are a waste of money and unnecessary this is true in the UK at least where we have more than anywhere else. It apparently takes on average 1000 cameras to solve one crime.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Zaiger.....

You've missed the point.....

This is alien technology.....they use it to disguise themselves, particularly when shapeshifting.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I know from mooning about 30 security cameras in the last 2 years that they dont have arse recognition technology yet.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepestOne

Yes it does work on red light and speed cameras.

reply to post by Big Raging Loner

I did come up with the idea but did not make that video. Getting a patent is not as easy as people think it is.

top topics

join