It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this meant to happen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The last few times i have been on ATS i have noticed under Banshee's name that its a bit yellow and underlined beneath her name. And that when i click on it, it takes me to a dictionary site and gives me a definition of what a banshee is. I think it happened with another word the other night.

Is this meant to happen? its just incase it my comp playing up?

Rynaldo

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Ummm....wow, I've never heard of that before.

I'm posting this just so I can see if I get the same result.....one moment please.

Edit:
Errm, I think that's something on your computer, man. What dictionary site does it take you to?

[edit on 14-6-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hrm, I don't get that when I click her name. That's strange, rynaldo.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
You have downloaded some type of browser tool. You probably didn't mean to. You probably didn't even know you did it. It may have come with other software. Did you recently add a new toolbar to IE?

I have this on mine through Copernicus. I double click a word and it defines it for me. It's actually a nifty tool.

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
An annoying bit a software called "cometcursor" will give you that effect. Use 'Add/Remove Programs' in the Control Panel to be rid of it and double-check with Spybot or AdAware.

Smart Cursors gives you free definitions, encyclopedia references, and search results, all at the tip of your mouse pointer. Click on any word, anywhere on the Web, and get the American Heritage Dictionary, Britannica .com's encyclopedia, and results from your favorite search engines�all without leaving the Web page you're visiting.

www.spysweeper.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nutzobalzo
You have downloaded some type of browser tool. You probably didn't mean to. You probably didn't even know you did it. It may have come with other software. Did you recently add a new toolbar to IE?

I have this on mine through Copernicus. I double click a word and it defines it for me. It's actually a nifty tool.

Nutzo

Thanks for replying so quickly all of you

The site it takes me too is www.ezreference.net...

The toolbars i have are Google and mywebsearch.

Its not a serious problem or anything, i guess your getting fame Banshee

Rynaldo

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Well it may not be spyware at all. It may be the age old Banshee curse.

That's right. All you have to do is think her name and strange things start to happen.

I am forever under her spell.

An old snake doctor once told me that he could remove the Banshee curse, but I told him NO. I like my Banshee curse.

There are many forms of the curse, I hear one is strange computer anomolies. Mine personally is I get a warm feeling deep inside when I see her avatar. At first I just thought it was Garafolo, but no, it is the Banshee curse.

Heehee.

Get spybot search and destroy. Google it , it is free.

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre
An annoying bit a software called "cometcursor" will give you that effect. Use 'Add/Remove Programs' in the Control Panel to be rid of it and double-check with Spybot or AdAware.

Smart Cursors gives you free definitions, encyclopedia references, and search results, all at the tip of your mouse pointer. Click on any word, anywhere on the Web, and get the American Heritage Dictionary, Britannica .com's encyclopedia, and results from your favorite search engines�all without leaving the Web page you're visiting.

www.spysweeper.com...

Thanks Spectre for the advice, i'l give it a shot

Rynaldo

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Mine personally is I get a warm feeling deep inside when I see her avatar. At first I just thought it was Garafolo, but no, it is the Banshee curse.

Well, we'll just have to do something about that then, won't we?

(I feel that this thread has gone WAY off on a tangent here, and it's making me feel a bit odd....)

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee

Mine personally is I get a warm feeling deep inside when I see her avatar. At first I just thought it was Garafolo, but no, it is the Banshee curse.

Well, we'll just have to do something about that then, won't we?

(I feel that this thread has gone WAY off on a tangent here, and it's making me feel a bit odd....)

That didn't work at all. Only now I am having a different feeling. Uh, I am beggining to worry about myself now. Not the Ken head again! I thought that was just a nightmare. Ahhhhhh!!

Heehee. OK I'll stop now.

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Thanks guys and ladies. Just letting you know that i got the spyware thing downloaded and its performing its task.

I clicked 'sweep now' and it looks busy so i think its working

And thanks 'nutzobalzo' for the warning about the Banshee curse

Thanks all for your help, much apprecaited

Update *its working fine now and its stoped what was the problem*

Rynaldo nite all

[edit on 15-6-2004 by rynaldo82]

top topics

join