It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is There Not A Sceptics Forum?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Right I am openly quite the sceptic and yes I know it can annoy allot of you but I really do think ATS would come to a halt or descend into insanity if it wasn’t for us. However i have a question, sorry if this has been asked before.

Why Is There Not A Sceptics Forum?

We do have a forum for “the gray area” and “disinformation” but not one for anyone who wishes to challenge conspiracies. If we want to write a thread criticizing a conspiracy it has to go under a appropriate forum that is FOR the conspiracy we don’t have anything that’s AGAINST or critical of conspiracies.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

We do have a forum for “the gray area” and “disinformation” but not one for anyone who wishes to challenge conspiracies. If we want to write a thread criticizing a conspiracy it has to go under a appropriate forum that is FOR the conspiracy we don’t have anything that’s AGAINST or critical of conspiracies.

...Isn't that every forum??

I mean not one forum is 100% in favor of its subject really is it? Every forum we post on does like you say which is ‘challenge conspiracies’ and not one forum excludes skeptics from posting.

If that was the way around here then there would be no point posting at all.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Seems a bit pointless really.

If you wish to dispute a conspiracy theory then you can post your scepticism in any thread you wish. Also, you are fully able to start a completely new thread debunking any conspiracy you like.

I don't think it needs it's own forum.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
...Isn't that every forum??

Exactly

Every forum, Every thread, Every discussion is open to All sides of debate.

For, Against, Not Sure ... and so on.

Which would seem the core premise of ATS in the first place.

Voice your opinion. Express your concerns. Shine your light on "ignorance" as you see fit or feel necessary.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Becouse they will all doubt of the authenticity of it?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
A sceptics forum would only be visited by sceptics, not many believers would want to go there as the other threads here would be much more interesting for them.

Sceptics would be arguing with other sceptics wheres the fun in that

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Would you not need a large number of forums. one for each area of scepticism?
i.e., scepticism about UFO disclosure, scepticism about moon hoax theories, about swine flu scandals, about Obama being the Antichrist, about oil-spill evacuations, about Introductions (no, maybe not that last one) and so on?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

A sceptics forum would only be visited by sceptics, not many believers would want to go there as the other threads here would be much more interesting for them.
Exactly...this whole website was made to discuss conspiracy theories, where discussion will "likely tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups.". In other words, this forum was made by conspiracy theorists for conspiracy theorists. Do you skeptics understand that? I believe in Aliens, but does that mean I wont try my best to find faults in a theory or signs of tampering in a photo? Of course not...I'm also after the truth...the difference is, I don't already assume I know the mundane truth about everything, and then go around trying to prove that all these conspiracies have a mundane explanation...because they don't, and a lot of time they're just spouting crap they learnt in high school physics, thinking they know it all. You want a skeptics forum? It's called www.thescienceforum.com

[edit on 2/7/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Oh that would be so lame. Every UFO board would just be everyone saying
OMG that ufo is real, over and over again until the discussion turned into people talking about their new-age beliefs about the light beings and their intentions.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
If we want to write a thread criticizing a conspiracy it has to go under a appropriate forum that is FOR the conspiracy we don’t have anything that’s AGAINST or critical of conspiracies.

The forums aren't "for" or "against" conspiracies. They simply categorize the SUBJECT of the conspiracy. So, I'm with the rest. All forums are for the conspiracy minded AND the skeptical.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Okay, forgive me but I have to point this out because it is driving me nuts...

It's not sceptics, it's SKEPTICS

Carry on...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DamaSan
Okay, forgive me but I have to point this out because it is driving me nuts...

It's not sceptics, it's SKEPTICS

The OP and I and probably many others come from the eastern side of the Atlantic.
Sceptics.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I fail to see the point of a sceptics forum because all that would soon happen is some sceptic would create a thread saying that they disagree for example on the extraterrestrial hypothesis and then a group of like minded sceptics descend into the thread and agree – tumbleweed makes entrance left, exits right.

I think the sceptic’s forum would be a rinse and repeat of the above and viola before the month is out the sceptics forum turns septic!

Sceptics to make their argument would be more effective in their argument to make their argument in the thread they disagree with?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

It amazes me sometimes that we speak the same language, but there are so many variances from one side of the pond to another. Carry on then, sceptic
(I'll just ignore Firefox's red underlines on that word as I type it)

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I think they should make it. Not because we need it, but because it would be totally awesome if they called it the "Skeptic Tank."

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
I think they should make it. Not because we need it, but because it would be totally awesome if they called it the "Skeptic Tank."

....good post

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Prove you are a skeptic!!!

Have you got a source for that?

top topics

join