It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kissing in cars, feeding stray cats and building sandcastles all banned in Italy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I would think that the banning on sandcastles is to stop those who build large and forget that a deep hole (some dig deep rather than wide) might at some point end up getting filled by a startled sky watcher who happens to be strolling past, hoping to catch a glimpse of a pleiadian or two?

An end to the scourge of ravaged beaches at last (clap)

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I would have already been arrested - I feed stray cats when ever I see one that looks hungry - can't stand to see them go hungry! I kiss my husband in the car but not while driving. Use to build sandcastles and would do so again if I was near the ocean. Cuff me!

When you feed stray cats - - - you aren't just feeding stray cats. You are also feeding Rats and any other vermin that can get a "seat at the table".

I just went through this with a neighbor who puts out food for Stray Cats. It cost me about $100 to exterminate the rats in my attic - - then one crawled into a drain pipe and got stuck. Ewwwwwwwwww - stunk for days. Costs me more money to get the rat removed.

DO NOT FEED STRAY ANIMALS. And don't leave food outside for your own pets either. You have no control over who or what is eating it.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

DO NOT FEED STRAY ANIMALS. And don't leave food outside for your own pets either. You have no control over who or what is eating it.

Do you have direct evidence that the person who left food for strays caused you infestation problem? Could it be that your city or borough has an infestation problem? or maybe the garbage in trashcans, sewers can serve as an endless buffet for these critters?

Vermin's are everywhere and they will always be around no matter if your neighbor leaves food or not.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca

Do you have direct evidence that the person who left food for strays caused you infestation problem? Could it be that your city or borough has an infestation problem? or maybe the garbage in trashcans, sewers can serve as an endless buffet for these critters?

Vermin's are everywhere and they will always be around no matter if your neighbor leaves food or not.

YES. The neighbor puts food out for the cats. AND any other living thing. She fully admits it. She does not monitor the food. She puts it in a cement bird bath on a pedestal.

Its in Redondo Beach CA. We do have skunks - possum - squirrels - etc.

However - been here for 7 years. Problem occurred after neighbor began putting out food. Landlord told her no more food. We have not had a problem since.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Annee]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
God, I hope someone gets punched in the face repeatedly for such nonsense...I know that it isn't America and they can live how they want yada yada, but really...someone needs to go down for that stupidity!

[edit on 5-7-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
God, I hope someone gets punched in the face repeatedly for such nonsense...I know that it isn't America and they can live how they want yada yada, but really...someone needs to go down for that stupidity!

But why is it stupid? Do you live there? Is there logical reason for these laws. Perhaps safety reasons.

America has laws against spitting - putting gum on the sidewalk - noise- and a lot more that involve safety and disturbance - - and might seem even more ridiculous then these.

Many people are not aware of laws until/unless someone complains.

I had a crazy neighbor - who complained about noise. In my city - they put a recorder at the corner of your property. If they can hear your TV - - you are breaking the law.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
No Sand Castles and no foreplay?

No children playing on beaches, and no behaviour that might lead to children.

Brilliant. Truly. The Western World is on its way to full scale population control stupidity. Encourage laws that make children very undesirable, make laws that make child behavior illegal, make laws that require ridiculous amounts of supervision for children, and then start outlawing behaviours that might lead to having children.

Have all the old people in the Boom Generation gone stark raving Demented with a Vote attached?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

There is a right and wrong way to do anything. I feed the cat, he eats it, I bring the bowl back inside. Have never had a problem with vermin, rats, etc.

Please don't put me in a rant about feeding a hungry cat - I am well aware that some people are not clean with anything they do - that is not a reason to put a stupid ban on others. Let the Health Dept take care of those that are unsanitary.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I am getting sick of this type of thing. It gets worse every day. I am starting to hope the world does end in 2012. With the way things are going now days maybe it is time it came to an end. It makes me sick to even be part of this planet sometimes. How did we get to this point? What happened for things to get this bad? It is like I took a nap and woke up in a diffeant world. Just how far can this kind of thing go before the whole mess comes crashing down? Stop the world, I want off.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I have yet to see this raised...but I see all of these as concerns from some small minority which some government bureaucrat found would be a good way to raise government revenues. When you're country is broke because the government is too big...sometimes making it bigger can raise your revenues. In the end that equation will fail, but in the short scheme...I'm sure they can raise hundreds of thousands off of these stupid laws.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

But why is it stupid? Do you live there? Is there logical reason for these laws. Perhaps safety reasons.

America has laws against spitting - putting gum on the sidewalk - noise- and a lot more that involve safety and disturbance - - and might seem even more ridiculous then these.

I had a crazy neighbor - who complained about noise. In my city - they put a recorder at the corner of your property. If they can hear your TV - - you are breaking the law.

So, in other words, you agree that people need laws and big government to live. A law for every little thing? Where does it stop? I don't care what America has (I do, but) useless laws need to be thrown out anyway. Safety is always the excuse but they are not my keeper and I am not their property. I am not their child...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

You might be right about that, although I'd rather fall down a big hole whilst star gazing than step on a tin can someone had dropped and cut myself

Smokeandshadow you think these are ridiculous laws (you're right) but check this one in the UK out too;

The licensing act 1872, being drunk in charge of a horse, cow or steam engine incurs a fine of £200 and the possibility of a jail term of 51 weeks. There are more stupid ones in the link.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

So, in other words, you agree that people need laws and big government to live. A law for every little thing? Where does it stop? I don't care what America has (I do, but) useless laws need to be thrown out anyway. Safety is always the excuse but they are not my keeper and I am not their property. I am not their child...

I simply asked a question. I did not imply my position.

Did you answer the question?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
reply to post by Annee

There is a right and wrong way to do anything. I feed the cat, he eats it, I bring the bowl back inside. Have never had a problem with vermin, rats, etc.

Please don't put me in a rant about feeding a hungry cat - I am well aware that some people are not clean with anything they do - that is not a reason to put a stupid ban on others. Let the Health Dept take care of those that are unsanitary.

And how many are there like you? Would you say you are of the minority or the majority?

Let the Health Dept take care of it? Really? Uh - isn't that government handling the problem? Isn't that the same as a law being made to not feed stray cats - - because you really can't monitor each and every person.

So it sounds like to me - - this law is justified.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Annee]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Well here ya go.

Big Government. Small Brains. Dumb Laws - - in America by state:

www.dumblaws.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

The article says absolutely nothing about foreplay. Kissing in a moving car is what is not allowed. And it makes sense why this would be banned.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Hmmmm ........ I know a lot of Italians here in Canada. I was once in love with one.

They are passionate, smart people.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why they would allow such ridiculous laws to be enforced on them. Maybe their passion got the best of them.

There is no place more romantic or peaceful as a rule than a beach. There is nothing more enjoyable than sitting at the waters edge. A really fine activity to do while there is to build a sand castle. Another really fine activity is to stroll and admire the amazing creations some people can make out of sand.

Ahhhh. I have to wonder what got into those Italians that they accept such nonsense from their politicians???

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Where are you, Monty Python?

I can just see John Cleese strutting around forbidding nose-blowing and imposing other ludicrous laws.

How ridiculous and how dictator-like - shouldn't he be more worried about the urgent issues facing the planet?

Cats and sandcastles rule! (And kissing, but only while parked).

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by Aeons

The article says absolutely nothing about foreplay. Kissing in a moving car is what is not allowed. And it makes sense why this would be banned.

You don't need a law for that. It is already covered as being reckless.

The problem isn't that you need more specific laws, you need to enforce the ones that are already there. And enforcing reckless driving laws backs up courts, and doesn't make money. So it isn't enforced. Which makes people think that making more specific laws will somehow work. But since the law that already covers it is not being enforced, neither will the new one after the original hoopla.

More laws won't fix what's broken.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join