It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO caught heading into tornado. Amazing footage *Video*

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
It could be far away moving extremely fast, or close to the camera moving at bird speeds.

... but surely if it was close to the camera we would be able to see it is obviously a bird?

It could be a bird at about 50 feet away, in which case, no, you probably could not tell it was a bird. It could also be an insect at only a few feet from the camera...
...or, yes, it could even be a secret military craft, an alien craft, or some unknown natural weather phenomenon. The point is that it could be just about anything.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

Originally posted by PsychoX42

Originally posted by Balderac
reply to post by greeneyedleo

You should stop posting before you make an even more complete fool out of yourself.

That was the best statement on this thread so far.
I couldn't agree with it more.

Honestly, how a person could come to the conclusion of this being a bird on this particular video is beyond my comprehension of physical reality. The psychiatric industry is obviously targeting the wrong people.

Namaste and Love

And you mate are all that is wrong with ATS!

Someone has a differing opinion to you.......so you make asides about their mental health??

Debate much?...............thought not.

So many opinions and so little thought. If you were worried about insults, why did you open your reply with one? ATS had its problems far before I was ever a member, so, if you want to blame ATS's problems on me when I've been a member for less than a month, then, they must have had the quickest decline in internet history.

Debate much? Don't need to. This isn't a debate, this is a forum where people post their opinions. I have yet to see a debate on here at all. Here's what usually happens. One ego clashes with another. One ego asks for proof, the other ego provides said proof. Once the ego sees the proof that they've been asking for, typically their ego is too large to accept that they're wrong, or they won't read the proof that challenges their own views and will respond negatively despite getting exactly what they requested. Then the game of insults begins. And, that's what we have going on right here. Although, I decided not to degrade this conversation to that level. You did.

If you don't like what I said to Greeneyedleo, then you have the option to skip that comment and move forward with your life and find another one that you do like. Instead, you chose to agitate a situation for the sake of further inflating your own ego by creating a problem in which you stated that I was the origin of. Well, I hate to burst your bubble, but, the world was spinning far before my reply to Greeneyedleo. Sorry you didn't like my response, but, your blanket statement of my existence being the downfall of a forum that has been here for more than a decade is silly at best.

Does it bother you that I chose to question a response that sounds ridiculous even to the most basic of intellect? A bird flapping its wings? Really? This is what you choose to defend? I've been to many of these boards recently to see debunkers like Greeneyedleo insulting and downgrading anyone who believes in ET's, or anything that they choose to invalidate as a reality. I've watched them call people crazy, stupid, and much much worse without impunity. So, when the shoe is on the other foot, it seems that people's feelings get hurt quite easily. Well, if you're one of those, then I truly apologize, but, elementary school is out for the summer and responses such as Greeneyeleo's are not only old, they're just plain insulting to those of a higher intelligence. There are no wings, and there certainly isn't any flapping.

Namaste and Love

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teabags
So you have 2 peopleintently looking directly at what the camera is pointing at pointing out a cloud feature and don't see or comment on something bright white and whizzing by?
If it wasn't something isolated to the camera such as a reflection they would have certainly seen it and commented on it.

Get that grip and hold on to it tightly.

According to the video, a NASA video analyst from the Marshall Space Flight Center, Huntsville, Alabama said the object moved at roughly 9000-16,000 mph.

At that speed you wouldn't see a thing, even if it brushed your nose.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by FOXMULDER147]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
why do i keep seeing the "bird" explanaition here?
"it's a bird, move along!" haven't heard that one before...

there's no point in trying to watch it frame by frame, because the video already shows it to you frame by frame. I saw no flapping, no wings, no wobbly movement as it SHOT through the sky.
I've never seen an out of focus bird appear ovular, either, which makes the statement completely ridiculous.
The only bird that fast is the peregrine falcon, which only grows to about 2 feet long, and tops out at around 50 mph.
did you see any other birds in the video? according to wiki.answers.com [best/fastest example i could find] :

"Most birds sense the change in barometric pressure (air pressure), which tells them that a storm of some kind is coming and fly away before "

This bird must be defective.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

I am now listening to sound.

Where is this report? Can someone provide it please?

So far, its just his claims, right? He hasnt provided any evidence of this?So we only his word to go on, right?

"We did not see this while filming" Yet it was 30 feet long at 500-700 feet and he didnt see it? 9000 mph and didnt hear or feel it?
Yeah right.

I still see birds flapping. Plain as day when you slow it down.

[edit on July 2nd 2010 by greeneyedleo]

I'm not sure what the object is, but here's my issue with your rant:
You keep talking but you fail to take a screenshot of your supposed "pause". Show us a picture of the wings. If you say you see the wings but can't provide a screenshot to back up what your eyes are seeing, your claim is worthless. You don't need editing software to take a freaking screenshot. Pause your video, hit the Print Screen button, open Paint, paste the image, save and upload. Simple.

Another good post.

I think it should be quite simple to do the very thing that you just proposed if Greeneyedleo was so sure of themselves. However, I don't think that you'll get what you asked for because this person clearly wants to debunk without providing proof. They want you to accept their version of reality without giving you a reason to do so as so many debunkers are in the habit of doing.

There are no birds in this video. I have no idea what the object is, but, I can effectively rule out birds just by using common sense alone.

Namaste and love

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/717e394ad338.png[/atsimg]

I suppose a 30 feet object other than a bird could morph into different shapes.....

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychoX42

Dont dare tell me or anyone else Im just hear to debunk with no proof. My posting history proves that is absolutely bunk. I provide more proof to back up my claims and analysis here than most. I spend countless amounts of time doing this in this forum.. Ask any long time, regular member here. You may not like or agree with my opinions and my analysis, but dont dare tell me or anyone else, I am just here to debunk and do nothing else.

Thank you very much.

I've been to many of these boards recently to see debunkers like Greeneyedleo insulting and downgrading anyone who believes in ET's, or anything that they choose to invalidate as a reality. I've watched them call people crazy, stupid, and much much worse without impunity. So, when the shoe is on the other foot, it seems that people's feelings get hurt quite easily. Well, if you're one of those, then I truly apologize, but, elementary school is out for the summer and responses such as Greeneyeleo's are not only old, they're just plain insulting to those of a higher intelligence.

I have never ONCE insulted anyone for what they believe in. Do not ever accuse me falsely again. Back up your accusation with proof just as you demanded of me.

In fact it is YOU and others who have come to this thread and insulted me. Please, look in the mirror before you continue posting.

You are much to new to be making ANY judgement call on anyone here.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by toltecnightmare
I saw no flapping, no wings, no wobbly movement as it SHOT through the sky.

That's what made me rule out the "bird" theory. It doesn't seem to fly like a bird. It's so smooth and straight and constant; a bird could only fly that way if it was diving, not on the horizontal. This object moves like a bullet from a gun.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

[color=#FF6600]ORB+LOW+SURE=ORBLOSURE

[color=#FF6600]BIRD+LOW+SURE=BIRDLOSURE

Hey these word games are fun!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychoX42

Blimey you go on don't you.....you may find it acceptable to question peoples mental health for having a different view to you, but that's you.

To get us back on topic, you stated

One ego asks for proof, the other ego provides said proof. Once the ego sees the proof that they've been asking for, typically their ego is too large to accept that they're wrong, or they won't read the proof that challenges their own views and will respond negatively despite getting exactly what they requested

Care to show me the proof that "ego#2" provided?.......or any proof that has been provided here that this is an object travelling at up to 16000mph and measuring 38 feet.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Dare? Its already been done. I didn't need anyone to dare me, I just did it because I could. And just because you provided screen shots for the "opinion" that you provided, doesn't mean that it proves your point. Nor does it give you some sort of platform to give a victory speech, like the one you just provided, when no one agrees with your assessment.

Sorry, but whatever that object was, it certainly wasn't a bird flapping its wings at 9000 mph. If you want, you can fill the whole page with your screen shots. It won't make your case any more valid than it was before.

You are perfectly welcome to your opinion, but, I will say this, your opinion is more than likely completely incorrect.

Namaste and love

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

It is clearly a bird. You can see the wings flapping if you watch in slow motion - or frame by frame. It is so obviously a bird, I cant even believe the people uploaded this claiming UFO.

I will try and get some screen captures up.

ETA: Grabbing screen shots probably wont help. As the object is so tiny. You just have to hit puase many times and watch frame by frame starting around 4:00. If you do this, you can see the wings flapping.

Clearly if it were indeed a bird, then it wouldn't be so hard to grab a screen capture now would it?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

good post, and with all of the experts backing up the idea that this is and object 30 feet long 18 feet thick moving between 900-1600MPH, without so much as a sonic boom, its hard to dispute that this may be super-ordinary in origin. I say super-ordinary, because I wouldn't classify an alien species as 'supernatural'.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Maybe there are like bird daredevils that chase storms. Not everyone bird, just the really crazy ones. Maybe they have squads of birds that fly into storms on purpose and report back in some unusual sounding bird song to the other birds...the normal ones that take cover and flee from storms, so that they, too, can experience what it's like to look for and ride into tornados.

Maybe they ignore the bird laws and go 1600 MPH because they know the cop birds are all taking cover and off the currents.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/717e394ad338.png[/atsimg]

I suppose a 30 feet object other than a bird could morph into different shapes.....

I don't really see any shapes at all, just blobs of pixels. Don't know how you get "wings" from these shots...

Also, if the object was moving at 9000-16,000 mph (as the NASA analyst states, according to the video - which, incidentally, I agree with you that we need evidence of) then there's no way the camera is going to be able to capture clear images of it.

You would also get a "ghost" effect - turning a single object into multiple ones - because the camera framerate cannot cope with the speed, which looks like what we've got here (or are you going to tell me it's one big fat bird and one anorexic one?)

[edit on 2-7-2010 by FOXMULDER147]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Wow. It amazes me what people DON'T see. This thing flies in the clouds, it is goes behind them at certain points. It is not an insect, and it is not a bird. This video was analyzed by an aeronautics engineer and it was determined the object was flying at roughly 16,000mph. Do you know of any birds that can fly that fast? Let alone avoiding the powerful winds and vacuum of a tornado?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoX42
when no one agrees with your assessment.

Untrue.

I actually agree with Greeneyedleo's assessment that the object in the video is a bird, and I have already stated that earlier in this thread.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

How do you know that it was analysed by an aeronautics engineer?.......how do you know that it was analysed by anyone?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Well then this "bird" is a dead bird, because it's heading towards the ground VERY fast. So it will be guts within 1 second. Suicidal birds. Huh? Oh, and don't say it will pull up just in time
'Fraid not at that speed.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I've read this entire thread, and it's been a spirited exchange and lots of intuitive and measurable ideas put forth.

I have one question that I haven't seen answered:

To determine the speed of the object, one would have to know three things:

1) The distance travelled from the point where it is first apparent to the point where it is not.

2) The time it took for the object to traverse that distance.

3) The distance from the camera.

I haven't seen or read as yet any measurable data to indicate the distance of the object from the person filming it. Did I miss something? It really matters quite a bit, that third variable.

This isn't a challenge to anyone's ideas. I'd like to work my own figures, see how they match up with those posted here.

ETA: #2 is measurable from the video. #1 information would be very useful as well.

Thanks!

[edit on 2/7/10 by argentus]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join