It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration vs Unemployment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
There is a simple solution to both problem's but it will take some tough choices and some people with a little backbone and the American population to get off it's lazy laurels.

Tough decisions:
1. Abide by the laws. Deport all illegals who are not actively seeking to become legal.
2. Abide by the laws. Deport all immigrants who are currently using false I.D's.

Tougher decisions:
1. After removal of illegals, If job is made available someone on unemployment has to take it until unemployment is gone.
2. Citizens currently recieving unemployment and other benifits will still draw 90 days after offer is made but if they are able to work then they must.

Now this thread I know is going to get hijacked and ridiculed. But I don't care, It's high time we get back to work and make this country great again.

And also to the anchor baby problem. Im sorry you werebrought into this. But the way I see it is that you have a tough decision to make. If your over 18 you need to decide whether you want to be an American or not. If your under 18 you need to abide by the laws of the land and remain with your family.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Loken68]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
You're thinking in the right direction, but here's an even better plan. It'll solve the illegal problem as well as the welfare state problem, so here goes:

1) Kick out the illegals - they need to go home and fight like hell to make their own country better. Then they won't need to flee from it.

2) For farm labor, hotel service jobs and other "jobs that Americans won't do", put the US welfare recipients to work doing those jobs. If they're not willing, they don't get a check. Period. The employer pays half, the gov't pays half. Gov't saves half on welfare costs - business still gets cheap labor. Hundreds of billions saved on healthcare, social services, law enforcement, education and incarceration of illegals because they won't be here.

3) Prevent the welfare office social workers from becoming unemployed by having them running the daycare centers at the farms and hotels to care for the welfare parents' kids while they are working.

If we do all of this, there will be little to no need for unemployment.

Immigrants can apply to come in if they have 1) their own health insurance, 2) a skill or trade that is in demand here OR a US citizen willing to sponsor them until they themselves become a citizen.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
If US businesses were forced to pay illegals and citizens the same wages there would be no reason for them to hire illegals.

It's next to impossible for a low-income immigrants to legally obtain citizenship. I know immigrants who told me they had invested five to six digit figures, waited more than ten years, went through mountains of paperwork, lawyers, etc with NO guarantees. Made me realize how much americans take for granted.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by xkiax

Based on that data released by the AFW union, illegal/undocumented workers make between $9 and $17 per hour. Well above minimum wage.

Based on that ad campaign released by the Secretary of Labor, people the government is watching the illegal workers' backs. Far more than they are Americans' backs. Americans now being blackmailed into working longer hours for less pay and no OT at the threat of losing their jobs.

Seems the illegal workers might have a lot more going for them than Americans do in the area of both wages and protection.

And a question. This money they earn? Tax free no? If not, then how does the government justify "not knowing where they are?" If so, doesn't this make it that they have far more "take home" than a poor fools working legally. And their medical is free too, again making the actual dollars they take home and keep far more.

This entire thing, from the propaganda of "doing jobs Americans won't do" to the protection they're getting makes me furious. Wish the government were as concerned and involved in the millions of American jobs shipped offshore since the 80s.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I like this thread... it's EXACTLY what America needs to come to terms with...

Allow me to give even more itinerary to resove our unemployment crisis...

H-1B visas....

Suspend all H-1B visas for three years, recall all documented workers and send them back home along with the illegals. Fill those jobs with Americans...

I'll be directly honest here.... EVERYWHERE I look, I see an immigrant working. EVERYWHERE.

I walked into a Rapid Cash Loan office to get a money order for my rent today... what did I see?

Everyone behind the glass, including sitting at the desks in back, were latino not one single White, black, ot asian person there. I went next door to the Shell Station to get a cold drink. The two people behind the counter, were Latinoes... wow.

I paid my rent, then wen't shopping. The supermarket I went to was doing some electrical remodeling and there was a crew of workers all around the store. can you guess it?

All of them - EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM - were Latinoes... OMG! WTF!?...

Even the God Blessed Checkout Person was Latino!

I come home, and our association for the townhouses I live in are doing some frontface repairs on the buildings in the entire complex - roughly 45 buildings. I see the scaffolding up, and the ladders out...

AND THE WORKERS ARE ALL LATINOES!.... And even better, one of those slimeballs whistled at my wife!

Amexica - ¿Y Que?

El otro parte de mi palabras esta en espanol ahora, ¿si?

Nuestro compa Esto mucho estupido para ellos bien venidos los mexicanos a mi ciudad y ellos tomar mi trabajo y no cuidado para mi familia.. no esta bueno senor! POBRECITO !!

oops - sorry... forgot I was actually an American for a moment there.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockerchic4God

Great. This is the attitude Amreica has to get back too.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Can you show me a positive correlation between the unemployment rate and the rate of illegal immigration? Got a chart or something?

Do keep in mind that the government measure of people who are unemployed only measures people who are taking unemployment insurance, and does not count those who have been unemployed longer than those benefits, or who have never filed for unemployment, or those who, for whatever reasons, did not qualify.

Real unemployment is estimated at 18% (It's 22% for men, a recent study has shown).

That's 55 million unemployed people.

Even at the government-measured rate of 9%, that's 27 million people unemployed.

There are an estimated 15 million illegal immigrants i nthe United States - men, women, children, and elderly all counted for that number. And certainly not all of them are employed.

I think rather than banging around with nativist claptrap, you start looking at problems within the system; the destruction of labor, the allowance of corporations to ship their businesses overseas, and the inherent instability of a grossly deregulated market with no worker protections.

The problem isn't the illegals. The problem is that certain political groups have been trying to turn our entire country inti a Phillipines-style "Free Economic Zone."

top topics

join