It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan: The Modern Silk Road

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by carlitomoore
This stuff is too good to be true, its history repeating itself! This sums up everything I have been talking about in this thread; Our troops, The Bankers, Corruption.

I remember shortly after September the eleventh that 'they' were hiding
in mountain fortresses in Afganistan, and my reaction at the time was,
They took two of our buildings, we should chop down one of their mountains
and toss it into the sea. India could use some extra land couldn't they?

Then I found out that opium grows in those mountains.

I still think we should take one.

David Grouchy

Oh, and another thing.
All this homeland security.
I thought it was already illegal to kill someone
so why do we need new laws to deal with terrorist?
And if your going to say that it's to prevent the act, just slow down a minute,
when did you proove you could predict the act, let alone any act?
I'm speaking to the Inteligence community. Hello is this thing on?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

David,

I am picking up from your post that you feel that there is something more behind the official story... but i'm not getting exactly what you mean? Have you looked at any of the links or info I have posted?

It would be good to here someone elses input on the matter.

Cheers,

Carlitomoore.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Update on the Railways in Afghanistan;

News Site Tracking Afghanistan Railway Project

"Historically, Afghans have regarded railways with suspicion. But now the government is embracing a plan that could help the country tap into global markets, delivering prosperity and even peace", says Afghanistan’s revolution on the rails, an article by Jonathan Gornall at UAE newspaper The National. It includes some interesting comments from railway consultant David Brice, who is working in Afghanistan:

Afghan Rail Revolution

On 16 June 2010 Asian Development Bank approved a further USD700 000 from its Technical Assistance Special Fund for:
A study on railway development for Afghanistan completed for the following routes: (i) From Hairatan at the border with Uzbekistan to Heart [Herat] in the west, via Mazar-e-Sharif; (ii) from Shirkhan Bendar at the border with Tajikistan, via Kunduz to Naibabad [which is on the line under construction from Hayratan] joining Mazar-e-Sharif to Heart; (iii) from Torkham at the border with Pakistan to Jalalabad; and (iv) Spainboldak at the border with Pakistan to Kandahar.

LOOK AT THESE FIGURES FROM ASIA DEVELOPMENT BANK

After nearly a century, a modern Afghan railroad is under construction reports CNN. "“This connects Afghanistan to the world,” says an 18-year-old high school student named Shakrullah. He says he hopes to one day get a job as an engineer for the railroad. “I want trains for all the provinces of Afghanistan, not just for Balkh province.”"

CNN Report

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This is the place to watch:

Asia Development Bank

Here is the CNN report on Afghanistan:

How could China build a $7 BILLION dollar railroad through taliban infested Afghanistan..... without the help of the US army? PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO AND SEE THE DOLLAR SIGNS IN THEIR EYES! Minerals & Mining again.

ADB Report

ADB Afghanistan Update OFFICIAL DOCUMENT

The New Uncle Sam: Craig Steffenson
edit on 9-10-2010 by carlitomoore because: Fix Last Link

edit on 9-10-2010 by carlitomoore because: Fix.. Again

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Copper Mining in Afghanistan:

China Metallurgical Group Corporation

Mining in Afghanistan

n 2010, small team of Pentagon officials and American geologists discovered nearly $1 trillion in untapped mineral deposits in Afghanistan, far beyond any previously known reserves and enough to fundamentally alter the Afghan economy and perhaps the Afghan war itself, according to senior American government officials.

According to other reports the total mineral riches of Afghanistan may be worth over three trillion US dollars."The previously unknown deposits — including huge veins of iron, copper, cobalt, gold and critical industrial metals like lithium — are so big and include so many minerals that are essential to modern industry that Afghanistan could eventually be transformed into one of the most important mining centers in the world", the United States officials believe.

The Ghazni Province may hold the world's largest lithium reserves. The deposits were already described in the USGS report on Afghanistan issued in 2007. President Hamid Karzai remarked "Whereas Saudi Arabia is the oil capital of the world, Afghanistan will be the lithium capital of the world.

Deposits in the United States and Canada which need mining operations similar to those necessary for the deposits in Afghanistan went out of production due to cheaper production from lithium containing brines. Afghanistan invited 200 global companies for the development of its mines.

China Metallurgical Group won the bidding for a copper mining project in Aybak, Afghanistan. The bidding process has been criticized by rival Canadian and U.S. companies alleging corruption and questioning the Chinese company's commitment to the Afghan people

Why is it then that our troops travel around the world to provide 'freedom' to the Afghan people, then China walks right in and starts mining some of the biggest reserves in the world?

China Rail

Then the same company gets to build a railroad to transport their profits all over the country!?

Afghan Rail

In September 2010, China Metallurgical Group signed an agreement with the Afghan Minister of Mines to investigate construction of a north-south railway across Afghanistan, running from Hayratan (on the Uzbek border) to northern Pakistan. China Metallurgical Group was recently awarded a copper mining concession near the route of this railway

Who is going to get the best deal at the G20 then? 50% Dollar Debasement Agreement at G20 in Korea THis Month

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
If you can not be bothered to connect all the dots and take interest in your future, then I hope you can at least be bothered to watch a 5minute Utube video, because this guy has already connected all the dots for you.

Again, this video deserves its own thread, and this guy should be an ATS mascot.

I am going to continue to post this material mods, until someone stops me.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Great thread,OP! S&F!!
We are in Afghanistan for the simple reason of conquest and empire although it now seems that the Chinese will be the one's building an empire rather then us sorry,all you neo-cons pax-americana died with the brith of golbalism and we will remian there.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

THANK YOU!

Soverign nations ceased to exist in the early 90s when the free markets and globalisation got into full swing.

There are always two camps which happen to be at loggerheads;

Good Vs Evil
Democracy Vs Communism
East Vs West
North Vs South

They are all covers and distractions, behind the scenes parties from China & America are working together.... and making ludicrous profits as a result.

Glad someone else realises it!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Thread looks good, flagged. Will post again when read.

*BUMP*

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
Thread looks good, flagged. Will post again when read.

*BUMP*

Thank you wide eyes, I honestly think that all the information you need to make an infoemed decision on the war in Afghanistan is here in this thread.

I appreciate the bump, I can't even remember when I first psoted this thread, but I have continued to add to it to try and provide some information others may not have seen yet.

Please contribute when you have red it, I feel like Tom Hanks in Castaway talking to myself here!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Take a look at all the jobs due to be lost (labour). Around 500,000 - 1,000,000

Spending Review 2010: George Osborne wields the axe

UK Spending Cuts

Chancellor George Osborne has unveiled the biggest UK spending cuts for decades, with welfare, councils and police budgets all hit.

The pension age will rise sooner than expected, some incapacity benefits will be time limited and other money clawed back through changes to tax credits and housing benefit.

A new bank levy will also be brought in - with full details due on Thursday.

Mr Osborne said the four year cuts were guided by fairness, reform and growth.

Spending Cut Official Document

Then look at the increase in foreign aid (nation building).

Source

Foreign aid to increase by 37%: Osborne finds an extra £4bn to help poor countries

The foreign aid budget will soar by 37 per cent while domestic spending is being slashed.

But the extra cash poured into foreign assistance – amounting to nearly £4billion – comes while other departments are facing drastic cuts.

The department’s ‘resource’ budget – the amount of money it has available after capital costs – will grow by 37 per cent from £6.3billion to £9.4billion.

Critics said it was wrong that poor people in Britain could suffer to help countries that are becoming increasingly rich.

But George Osborne said: ‘Britons can hold their heads up high and say even in these difficult times, we will honour the promises made to some of the poorest people on our planet.’

BET GEORGE OSBOURNE HAS SOME VERY HAPPY CHINESE FRIENDS & BANKERS

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The Chilean President visits london after the rescue of the miners (Did you not here?).

And what do they talk about?

TRADE

SOURCE

Did we see that coming? Of Cause We Did, we've been reading all the information posted in this thread, duh!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Of course they talk trade with china and the us getting into a currenacy war the other nations will be looking to take advantage of the chaos of the current situation.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

Talking trade and curency war is one thing;

CURENCY WAR THREAD

But decieving your population into paying for and fighting in a war... to give your business pal a better deal is another thing all together.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

Poppy Yield in Afghanistan is responsible for something like 90% of all black market poppy world-wide as of this year.

As of 2001 it was responsible for 15% of the poppy black market.

So yes you are correct in saying that it "may have even increased," but actually what has happened is popppy field growth has exploded and become much larger in afghanistan since we invaded.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Whether you have read all the previous information I have posted on this thread or not and comprehended it is irrelevant. All you late comers have to do is watch the following video:

Now you explain to me how the goals of this 'war' are ever going to be achieved? Again, following on from my original psot, they can't! So why are we still there?

GLOBAL CAPITALISM

This thread has recieved four flags. Obama going on a holiday gets 50+ and the front page. Why is that? Because people like to have something to rant about.

People don't like to listen to the truth because they feel hopeless about the situation. Well, people need to start paying attention because it is YOU and only YOU who can stop this fraud happening. Not only will you be doing what is right, you will be making it possible for you Son, Husband, Cousin or Nephew (and Girl equivelants) to come home, and not in a box.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Another War ~ Another Trade Route

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ccc25c0fdc6a.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0656faebed4c.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0df5a59e9f5a.jpg[/atsimg]

Pictures courtesy of EC.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

SHOOTING UP TOGETHER

Another reminder that there are no 'enemies' in the world of global capitalism. Russia, the great bear, the originators of the great game are now back in Afghanistan. But why? To Help China or US?

A GLOWING FRIENDSHIP

Has anybody else read any of the previous information posted? Can I have some feedback here yet, it has been several months!?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Zbigniew Brzezinski: How Jimmy Carter and I Started the Mujahideen

Source

Interview of Zbigniew Brzezinski Le Nouvel Observateur (France), Jan 15-21, 1998, p. 76*

* There are at least two editions of this magazine; with the perhaps sole exception of the Library of Congress, the version sent to the United States is shorter than the French version, and the Brzezinski interview was not included in the shorter version.

The below has been translated from the French by Bill Blum author of the indispensible, "Killing Hope: US Military and CIA Interventions Since World War II" and "Rogue State: A Guide to the World's Only Superpower" Portions of the books can be read at: Link

Q: The former director of the CIA, Robert Gates, stated in his memoirs ["From the Shadows"], that American intelligence services began to aid the Mujahadeen in Afghanistan 6 months before the Soviet intervention. In this period you were the national security adviser to President Carter. You therefore played a role in this affair. Is that correct?

Brzezinski: Yes. According to the official version of history, CIA aid to the Mujahadeen began during 1980, that is to say, after the Soviet army invaded Afghanistan, 24 Dec 1979. But the reality, secretly guarded until now, is completely otherwise: Indeed, it was July 3, 1979 that President Carter signed the first directive for secret aid to the opponents of the pro-Soviet regime in Kabul. And that very day, I wrote a note to the president in which I explained to him that in my opinion this aid was going to induce a Soviet military intervention.

Q: Despite this risk, you were an advocate of this covert action. But perhaps you yourself desired this Soviet entry into war and looked to provoke it?

Brzezinski: It isn't quite that. We didn't push the Russians to intervene, but we knowingly increased the probability that they would.

Q: When the Soviets justified their intervention by asserting that they intended to fight against a secret involvement of the United States in Afghanistan, people didn't believe them. However, there was a basis of truth. You don't regret anything today?

Brzezinski: Regret what? That secret operation was an excellent idea. It had the effect of drawing the Russians into the Afghan trap and you want me to regret it? The day that the Soviets officially crossed the border, I wrote to President Carter: We now have the opportunity of giving to the USSR its Vietnam war. Indeed, for almost 10 years, Moscow had to carry on a war unsupportable by the government, a conflict that brought about the demoralization and finally the breakup of the Soviet empire.

Q: And neither do you regret having supported the Islamic [integrisme], having given arms and advice to future terrorists?

Brzezinski: What is most important to the history of the world? The Taliban or the collapse of the Soviet empire? Some stirred-up Moslems or the liberation of Central Europe and the end of the cold war?

Q: Some stirred-up Moslems? But it has been said and repeated: Islamic fundamentalism represents a world menace today.

Brzezinski: Nonsense! It is said that the West had a global policy in regard to Islam. That is stupid. There isn't a global Islam. Look at Islam in a rational manner and without demagoguery or emotion. It is the leading religion of the world with 1.5 billion followers. But what is there in common among Saudi Arabian fundamentalism, moderate Morocco, Pakistan militarism, Egyptian pro-Western or Central Asian secularism? Nothing more than what unites the Christian countries.

History Repeats?

edit on 2-11-2010 by carlitomoore because: To add source.... as always :-)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Great work. Paramount evidence of the dire need to initiate the Venus Project before this massive war can be waged further against the people of our homeland, Earth.
edit on 3-11-2010 by smthngmssnghr because: clarification

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join