It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six Months to Go Until The Largest Tax Hikes in History

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExRepublican
They will come on here and use SCARE TACTICS supported by UNFOUNDED pure FICTIONAL NONSENSE to support their claims. They VERY RARELY ever have any actual true substance in their claims.
[...]
They are ANGRY that they will have to PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE INSTEAD OF THE LITTLE GUY BEING UNFAIRLY BURDENED TO DEATH.

Thank you, ExRepublican!

Thus the Tea Party phenom to Save the Rich!

www.savetherich.com...

Tea Party anti-tax movement is "something the Republicans cooked up and funded to get the ignorant riled up against the president and his programs."

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al
reply to post by dbloch7986

Sounds more like:
You want better Medical, Health Care but you don't want to pay for it
You want a cleaner Environment but you don't want to pay for it.
And the US still owes more than 1 Trillion Dollars to China that it
borrowed, and apparently you don't want to pay for that either.

WAKE UP!!! THERE IS NO MONEY!!!! It is all a scam to usurp the peoples power and our rights of sovereignty. I wish like he!! people would do some research and understand HOW the world works and WHO is behind the curtain.

Come on now. Rhetoric never gets us anywhere. Please do some research.

TAXES pay for NOTHING. All the wealth goes to politicians for keeping us, the public, duped and also into the pockets of the Vatican, who keep us duped, and the Elite.

ALL NATURAL RESOURCES BELONG TO THE PEOPLE FROM BIRTH.

No corporation can own anything, they extract the resource and SELL it back to us at inflated amounts to redistibute the wealth. This is also why NASA was founded and all the other letter agencies, TO KEEP US, the public, DUPED. Wake up already people.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by lowkey9
Good. Glad to see it.

Money cannot be created out of thin air.

Are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT is exactly how "money" is created, and it is all FAKE. It is an IOU for the gold that FDR stole from the public.

Research HJR-192.

The Promissory Note To Pay Our Debts

HJR-192 of June 5, 1933 is the promissory note (the promise of Abraham) the government issued to balance the exchange to credit the people. The Promissory note is on the debit side of the United States Governments ledger, which was a debited from their credit, created by the Executive Order of April 5, 1933 when they took the gold out of circulation. Public Policy is rooted in HJR-192 and is Grace that creates our exemption. This is your temporal saving grace. Under grace, the law falls away to create a more perfect contract. Public Policy removed the people's liability to make all payments by making a contract null if it required the payment to be in substance, because the people didn't have any money to pay with. All that must be done now is to discharge the liability. Pay and discharge are similar words but the principles are as different as Old and New Testaments. The word "pay" is equated with gold and silver, or something of substance like a first-born lamb, which requires tangible work to be invested in it to remove the liability because an execution must occur. The word "Discharge" is equated with paper, or even more basic, simple credits and debits, that exist on paper only, like the slate held by the agents/angels of heaven that get swiped clean. You cannot pay a bill with a bill and you cannot pay a debt with a debt.

What HJR-192 did was, remove the liability of an obligor (someone obligated to pay a debt) by making it against Public Policy to pay debts. All that needs to be done now is discharge the debit with an appropriate credit "dollar for dollar." Debt must be discharged dollar for dollar in the same sense, as sin was discharged on the Cross. The moment a debt exists, it must be written off. The catch is, we can't write off the debt because we are not in possession of the account in deficit; our fiduciary agent is in possession of the account so we must provide him with the tax return (by the return of the original offer) so the fiduciary can discharge the liability through their internal revenue service (the bookkeeper). Most feel that when the money was taken out of society, the people became the slaves, this is not true, the people were freed from every obligation that society could create thus freeing the people from any obligation which they may incur simply because we cannot pay a debt. Ask yourself the question, What are you charging me with? And how do you expect Me to pay? Simply said, there is no money, plain and simple for me to make the payment with and on top of that, if I were to pay, who is paying Me to pay that guy and who's paying that guy and so on... Public Policy is the supercedious bond because it limits our liability to pay. It is the more perfect contract because it operates on grace to pay our debts after we have done all that we can. We go as far as we can to fulfill the obligation (acceptance and tax return) and after we have done all we can, mercy and grace kick in being our exemption to make the payment. Grace creates our exemption in the industrial society so long as we accept the charge.

Again, wake up people, you owe NOTHING!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllexxisF1
No, really, keep giving the super rich more tax breaks because they make so many new jobs when you do that. Trickle down does work, really, St. Ronnie told me so.

I'm not super rich and my taxes will be going up. The percentage me and my wife pay will be going up. The deduction we get for our child will be decreasing. She also started back to school so that she can move in to a better career. Well we will probably have to call that off since her deductions for that will be changing.

I get tired of this "oh you're protecting the rich" mentality. A lot of these changes affect normal people. They affect parents raising children and paying for their education.They affect a lot of married couples and they affect people that use charitable donations to help lower their tax burden.

Higher tax rates on savers and investors. The capital gains tax will rise from 15 percent this year to 20 percent in 2011. The dividends tax will rise from 15 percent this year to 39.6 percent in 2011. These rates will rise another 3.8 percent in 2013.

We aren't rich but my wife uses her stock purchase option to help fund her future retirement. She recieves dividends on her stock. Now because she is being proactive about retiring and being responsible her tax burden on those checks will go up over 150%.

Teachers will no longer be able to deduct classroom expenses.

That ought to really teach those rich kids a thing or two.

In a time when school boards are cutting budgets by anywhere from 10 - 50% should we really penalize teachers for trying to buy materials for students? Do you think this is going to hurt super wealthy kids that attend private schools? No this is going to fall right on to the poorer urban and rural schools.

When I was in sixth grade the state required that we read a certain book. The school couldn't afford to buy five hundred copies. It was decided that the students would have to pay for them on their own. So my teacher offered to pay half on each book for every student in her class. She spent $150 out of her own pocket to subsidize the education of her students.

I've known teachers that ordered text books on line because the school didn't have enough and couldn't get them in a timely manner. A lot of teachers buy the supplies students use for experiments and art projects in the earlier grades. These aren't rich people. These are middle class people trying to help the youth.

Who wants to worry about all of that stuff though. It is easier to spew hatred and rhetoric than to stop and think.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllexxisF1
No, really, keep giving the super rich more tax breaks because they make so many new jobs when you do that. Trickle down does work, really, St. Ronnie told me so.

It absolutely amazes me how sheep, yes sheep come to fight against their own interests for the sake of the super rich.

These Bush tax breaks gave the VAST majority of us about $300 in savings but gave the super rich $100,000 of thousands in savings.

What did they do with it? what rich people always do with it, hoard it.

Tax the hell out of the super rich and use the money to pay down the debt, which increased the value of the dollar in your back pocket.

How do you all not get that?

How did you miss the last 12 years that proved that trickle down does ABSOLUTELY NOT WORK.
LOL!!!!!! And what is YOUR tax rate compared to the super rich person's tax rate??

Explain that to us. Mathematics will give you a firm beatdown on that one. lol

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Those of us who employ people will higher fewer (if any) new employees in
2011 if our taxes are increased beyond the insane level we're already forking
over to Uncle Sam.

Talk tax and business "theory" all you want. In the REAL WORLD OF BUSINESS,
increased taxes on businesses ALWAYS hurt the workers, and those seeking
work, the most....period.

Now, if you're willing to get a job working for the U.S. Government, they're
hiring BIG TIME.. and the benefits are good too.

Check out: www.USAJobs.gov...

The money taken from businesses and individuals has created a literal gold
mine of job opportunities at Uncle Sam's "company".

I can see the U.S. government employing MORE people than the private
sector in less than 10 years, based on projected government expansion,
combined with the shrinking of the U.S. employer caused by the scheduled
increases in tax burdens.
-cwm

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
To those here who are saying that these were tax cuts that only benefited the "super rich"...get your facts straight and stop making your minds up based on your emotions.

And to those who say that the tax cuts created "crippling" deficits, again get the facts and stop propagating that lie as well. You show your ignorance and lead astray those who don't know the truth.

Under Bush we reached a deficit to GDP ratio of over 70%

Under Obama as of May 2010...87.6%

Not only is Obama no different that Bush....he's worse at spending, spending, and more spending.

This debt isn't because of the Bush tax cuts...it's because of the gross spending that our federal government does each fiscal year.

zfacts.com...

The claim that the tax cuts only benefited the supper rich is nothing but a lie that is spread by simpletons and progressives.

The facts are that all Americans have benefited from these tax cuts, rich and poor...and especially the middle class.

In a USA Today article in 2006 we see that

"The analysis showed, for example, that a taxpayer who earned $35,000 in 2000 would have paid 8.54% of that income — $2,989 after credits — in federal taxes. In 2004, federal taxes would have accounted for 5.12% of that taxpayer's annual income, or $1,792. That represents a 40% decrease in tax burden."

Uh did you see that a 40% reduction in taxes?

Hmmmm the super rich only benefited from these cuts? I think not.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by lowkey9
Good. Glad to see it.

Money cannot be created out of thin air.

Fiat currency can.

They just type numbers into a computer and the money is created
in our current system.

97% of money in the federal reserve system exists only as
numbers in a computer.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Can you have a tax surplus if you dont have the jobs to support it? Clinton Hit the lottery, and wheather it of been a rep. or dem that was in office at the time they would have looked good because of the pc evolving the way it did. People were working and buying a pc every other month just to get from75 hrtz to a hundred hrtz. And if you are going to talk about being fair then shouldnt everyone be paying taxes. Im talking everyone. P.S. Im a rookie here so be gentle.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
These taxes are to pay the debt we owe. If people would just educate themselves they would be able to better understand what is happening.

www.creditorsincommerce.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean

$1M in accounts recievable is not considered income. It is considered an asset that would be factored into the value of the business and as such be hit by the death tax, but not income taxes. AR is the converse as while you are about to have to pay out money and thus your income is going to go down at some point, it is only the net income in that calendar fiscal year that is subject.

I don't get where you are coming from on the small business loans. To the extent that the loan was paid back the government made money granting those loans.

Talk with some small business owners. Many take on enormous risk to run their business and are only a significant event away from being in the red. The proposed income taxes and small business taxes prevent them from stocking away cash to cover that rainy day.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by dolphinfan]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
As long as people continue to move from one economic group to another any TOP DOWN ONE SIZE FITS ALL SOLUTION will fail, big time.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for your contributions. I will go through and reply to some of the posts that caught my eye.

I must say arguing over who is rich and who deserves to pay higher tax so we can fund the ever-growing empirical war machine is futile. In my opinion my tax money does not pay for what I should. A majority of it is used to fund the corporate sponsored murder called war. That is sickening.

My tax money should be paying for utilities, healthcare, food, water, public transportation, and all the basic need of every individual in society. But no. Instead I pay for bigger and better bombs, war machines in space, energy weapon research and development of all kinds of weapons and black ops that may one day be used against me.

I don't mind paying my fair share for public services, but while the defense budget is increasing, so are my taxes and at the same time public services are being cut back. Missles and bombs do not give me or anyone food on the table, water to drink or a place to live.

Anyone that doesn't mind paying higher taxes to hunt down and murder US citizens overseas or murder Iraqi and Afghani citizens in cold blood or to expand the American empire and occupy more foreign lands or to create wars that one day get your sons drafted and sent to their death, please speak up because I want your name on record as having no problem with paying higher taxes to fund those things.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

Then don't pay them.

You are a true patriot.

I wish it was that easy. Unfortunately we do stil need to contribute our fair share, while at the same time we need to demand it is spent more responsibly. The best way to bring change for a little peon as myself is not to get sent to jail for breaking the rules, but to try my best to use the rules to bring about the change.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech

Looks like they will be taxing the internet too.

Looks like that no taxes on the poor thing went out the window
in so many ways its getting hard to count them all.

New Internet Tax coming

They also have talked about a tax on pop, and tax on nicer health
plans too.

www.cbsnews.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...

And a tax on ponds.

farmwars.info...

And a head tax on Chickens, Cows, Pigs, and other things.

For the EU:

www.timesonline.co.uk...

For the US:

www.businessandmedia.org...

Got to raise those taxes to get enough money to pay for bonuses
for AIG and other bailouts for billionaire banksters.

Land of the Fee, Home of the Slave.

Good Luck to you all !

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Ex_MislTech]

I saw that. It never ends does it? These people will not be happy until the very air we breathe is taxed! Oh wait, cap and trade... And they still havent stopped!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Come On, None of you have your [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b948b6b0acd4.jpg[/atsimg] What, you don't, you need to get one NOW!
Obama promised and he no he keeps his Promises, Don't WE

[edit on 6-7-2010 by guohua]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by skeptic_al

Yeah I doubt Warren Buffet or Bill Gates pay any taxes? They probably actually get about $500.00 back with a carried over $1000.00 from sale of stock.

"The 400 of us pay a lower part of our income in taxes than our receptionists do, or our cleaning- ladies for that matter.''
-- Warren Buffett

So not only does my one day old child have the same national debt burden as Warren, he also pays more in taxes once he becomes old enough to pay taxes.

Makes no sense to me. These aristocrats need to pay their fair share.

With this tax increase, they wont. The poorest will be hit the hardest.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Haha! Thanks for that. Ill mail that to the IRS straight away.

Its not a tax increase though, remember, its a personal debt surplus.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Agentenglish

That's very interesting. It sounds very relevant to what's happening now. The BP oil spill is spewing ice and mud and death and we seem to be preparing for war with Iran and we are seeing the largest tax hike in history. Interesting stuff. Thanks for contributing that.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I absolutely agree. People are too apathetic to even hope they can change their own condition. I can only watch while TPTB sit by and increase their wealth and laugh as we pay for it. I'm waiting for the day that society wakes up. It is coming, believe it or not. You can only push people so far before the see the metaphorical edge and panic and push back.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join