It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$6 Flights to Offer Standing Room Only

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
What next? Are they going to strap people to the ceiling of the aircraft?

As someone who is short (I only managed to hit the 5ft 1inch mark) I can't see any type of strapping system benefitting me. I don't care if it's a short flight solution, it would be extremely uncomfortable. If this takes off I imagine the entire economy class being resigned to standing room, with double the amount of passengers crammed in, with actual seating only being available to those who have shelled out unreasonable amounts of money for something people are quite obviously taking for granted right now.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
SO their taking the comfort out of flying, as opposed o being comfortably seatted? suposed someone is crippled, wheelcahired experinces nasea and vertigo...what happens then? and regarding the toilet* i cmon, how messy it owuld be stanidng and doing a number 2*

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It would be imposible to undo yuor zipper to do a number 1* i can see it now* being strapped in standing up in flight, hitting some tirbulance,a s is common with airflight. 15 whole mintes after getting yuor zipper undone, pee ends up all over the sink, walls floor.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

You're hardly going to be strapped into a standing chair while you're IN the toilet.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Thanks for posting that proposed standing design by Airbus and lol on the stasis pods photo.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

According to my math, reducing the legroom from 30" to 25" is only a 16.7% reduction. So the $6 seat to stand would instead be maybe 6*1.167 = $7 to sit, right?

Who here wouldn't pay the extra dollar to sit instead of stand? I would.

The economy gained from the 5" space savings is just too meager for the comfort lost.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Its just as easy to have all passengers laying down...
For a short trip laying down would be better...

Like bunks in a sub .

It would also be better for seat belts and safety...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole
reply to post by weedwhacker

I would also think their insurance carrier might have a say in the safety aspects of a plane crashing while people are "standing in their seats"!

Like was mentioned before, airline seats are made to crumple to absorb the shock of a crash, what kind of safety is incorporated into these "standing seats" to alleviate some of the shock from a crash?

I'd be surprised if many airline insurance carriers would want to insure a flight while people sitting in "standing seats".

No insurance, no flying.

[edit on 7/2/2010 by Keyhole]

I'd certainly FEEL MUCH SAFER CRASHING FROM 30,000 FT. IF I WERE SITTING DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join