It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA head Bolden: On my spaceflights I looked for aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Interesting interview with al Jazeera,
very last question.

www.youtube.com...

And no, he says he didn't see any.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
A trained astronaut has seen no evidence of other life (aliens) in space.

For some reason, I suppose it could be irrational, I am not persuaded that it means much.

BTW - UFO call in topics are scheduled for Saturday night's ATS Live! show. Should you wish to discuss your views with us....

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Maxmars]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
And no, he says he didn't see any.

Am I supposed to look surprised?
So what's new? You'll never see aliens for the simple reason that there are none partying around Earth!! What the heck would they be doing here on our mud ball in a nondescript Solar system at the edge of the Milky Way galaxy which is just a speck in a trillion trillion trillion galaxies in this huge universe?

How the heck would they be able to find mother Earth in all this is beyond comprehension!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Well said, even with the insanely low probability aliens are zooming about earth, the insanely low probability that they just happened to visit when humans inhabited it makes it even more unlikely. I believe aliens exist, i do not believe they have ever visited earth...but even if speculating they have, it is more probable that it was long before we were around.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
If life is as abundant throughout the universe as many beleive why would you say think that aliens wouldn't find us? I've Seen articles that claim we've found 300 plus exoplanets. If just one of those planets has advanced life I would imagine that they would be capable of seeing us as well. And if they had the capability to traverse through space that they would come here if they saw our planet had life on it.

It's what we will do in the future so why would I not think it's not been done already? I was always told your not the first and you won't be the last.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
This is good ... we can all go home now.

@ the site owners ' Can you please close this forum?... As you can see from this thread we don't need it any more'

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
How the heck would they be able to find mother Earth in all this is beyond comprehension!

If any of them are within 58 light years of us they may just be following the source of the old "I love Lucy" broadcasts if they liked those!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Every single Astro/cosmonaut that has ever had the privilege of going up there into the deep black must.....MUST of looked out and wondered if anything else is out there. Even the most sceptical and narrow minded of them must of thought this even for a second, the fact that he never saw anything shouldnt be much of a surprise either

top topics

join