It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inhofe: Obama Trying to Trade Border Security for Sweeping Amnesty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Inhofe: Obama Trying to Trade Border Security for Sweeping Amnesty

www.newsmax.com

President Barack Obama’s zeal to give illegal immigrants amnesty is holding the nation’s border security hostage to his political agenda, says GOP Sen. James Inhofe.

As Obama called on Congress to tackle comprehensive immigration reform in a speech Thursday afternoon, Inhofe told Newsmax in an exclusive interview that the president clearly is using border security as a bargaining chip to obtain amnesty for millions of illegal aliens residing in the United States.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Obama Refocuses ICE from Illegals
US Warns It Cannot Guard Arizona Section of Border

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Rumors in Congress suggest Obama will stop at nothing to achieve his goal of allowing millions of illegal immigrants to stay in the country, Inhofe said. The administration reportedly plans to use an executive order to circumvent Congress and block the deportation of millions of illegal immigrants.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

With Obama's refocusing of ICE, his comments to Sen. Kyl and now this statement by Inhofe, it is more clear than ever that Obama is going to charge through amnesty, at the expense of securing the border. What is it with the politicians, to where they don't care about securing the border, something that should be priority number one? Nothing else really matters if we can't secure our own borders.

What really gets me, is that with all of this fear mongering about terrorism, the hoops we have to jump through to travel by air and the liberties we are being forced to give up in the name security, yet we fail to make any effort in securing our borders. This should make it more than obvious that this whole "security" issue is a farce!

--airspoon

www.newsmax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
You really think there is going to be an amnesty right now? I'm betting that will wait until at least after the 2012 elections. There is no way in hell he can get reelected if he grants amnesty.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

-bronze plaque, Ellis Island, near a "Size 897" shoe.

My wife's family can trace her lineage back to the signing of the Mayflower Compact... but truth be told, myself include, less than 5% of US citizens can trace their US family history beyond 150 years; for the most part we all either immigrated here or are directly descendant from those that recently did.

I am whole heartedly in favour of sweeping amnesty. However, I do not think it should be a substitute for border security; we need both. If you want to add a "third" "we need" it would be a complete reform of our national budget which spends 2/3's of tax revenue paying off bankers and the military industrial complex.

Sri Oracle

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

He is already trying to do it through DHS. If he can get it back-door that way, then he won't be so much to blame, at least not from the mindless masses. All it takes is the next season of American Idol and most Americans will quickly forget.

Obama is already pushing to make it very easy for illegals. He just refocused ICE from immigration to crimes, he is trying to find a backdoor through DHS and he is pressuring Congress. To me, this looks like he is gearing up to make this agenda number one.

For his next term in office, he is going to target the Second Amendment, which will leave hardly any room for immigration. Also, think about it for a minute... Most of the population who is against illegal immigration, would never vote for Obama again anyway. Shoot, many Democrats are completely disillusioned. No, I believe that immigration will be before next election.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

The difference between your relatives who came through Ellis Island and the countless number of illegal immigrants, is that your ancestors followed the rules and did it legally. There is this thing called a law and if we can't even uphold the law, then god help us with everything else. This isn't even mentioning the people who have been doing every thing right, people who have respect for the law and can abide by the rules, yet those who show no regards for the law are going to be rewarded? What message does this send?

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I, and millions of other Americans, are not willing to discuss or even entertain the possibility of "Legalizing" millions of illegal aliens until the borders are secured - PERIOD!!! There is no trade, there is no compromise! This is one of the most important jobs delegated by the states to the federal government, to secure the borders and they are completely abrogating their responsibility. I know that when I fail at my job I get fired. Dozens of politicians are set to get fired this November. Soon it will be time to fire the entire federal government - VERY soon!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
GOOD!

Obama does some things right. Reagan messed this up years ago. He did Amnesty, but then he forgot to secure the border?

Many, maybe even Most of the illegal immigrants are working, contributing, propping up industries, providing needed labor in certain areas, learning the languages, spending their money here in the states, etc., etc.

Without illegals, the turkey and chicken processing plants go out of business, or the price of chicken quadruples. Without illegals, the tomato farms and other migratory worker employers either go out of business or the price of produce quadruples. In other words, we need the labor force that is willing to do these jobs at minumum wage. Where I am from the Turkey plants beg for employees. They ALWAYS have 100's of openings, even while people are complaining there are no jobs. There are jobs, but they are menial, low paying, gross jobs. So, we need the labor force.

Amnesty is a good idea, as long as it comes with securing the border at all costs, and streamlining the Legal Immigration process.

See my Thread outlining my plan for just such a thing:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Maybe Obama read it!!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Unfortunately, Americans don't really have a say in what our government decides to do. In case you haven't noticed the policies and legislation that has been passed in the last several years, it is no longer really up to us. Unless a miracle happens and the public wakes up, we are pretty much at the mercy of what our rulers decide to do.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Without illegals, the turkey and chicken processing plants go out of business, or the price of chicken quadruples. Without illegals, the tomato farms and other migratory worker employers either go out of business or the price of produce quadruples. In other words, we need the labor force that is willing to do these jobs at minumum wage. Where I am from the Turkey plants beg for employees. They ALWAYS have 100's of openings, even while people are complaining there are no jobs. There are jobs, but they are menial, low paying, gross jobs. So, we need the labor force.

You're condoning illegal activity.

There isn't a middle ground. When any American gets a stinkin traffic ticket ... even if it rates a few hundred dollars fine, it's still illegal...

Why not amnesty for all the traffic fines ; the child molesters ; GOVERNMENT... No no no mi amigo...

Kick their asses OUT. It's illegal. What part of illegal don't you fuggin morons understand?

Government and some law enforcement agencies are complicit. They too will be outed.

Why? Because they are illegal and corrupt.

Come November their asses will be kicked out.

Perhaps the American people will get behind the idea of putting those convicted of corruption in labor camps to process the turkeys etc...

I dunno where you get your info but illegal immigrants are NOT necessary to prop up our country.

There are many road side stands with regular average white, brown, yellow and black Americans selling extra produce they've grown themselves.

If Debold Inc. (electronic voting machines) changes the election results to favor their scumbags, heads will roll.

Americans, REAL Americans, not you lawless scumbags, will overcome the lawless criminal elements...

Those that are complicit are NOT Americans.

Mexican need to get back across the border and straighten out their own country. We support enough of the world as it is... Then get trashed in the process.

Come on November.

Americans have plenty of ammo stored in case alternative voting methods are necessary.

[edit on 7·2·10 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon

The difference between your relatives who came through Ellis Island and the countless number of illegal immigrants, is that your ancestors followed the rules and did it legally. There is this thing called a law and if we can't even uphold the law, then god help us with everything else. This isn't even mentioning the people who have been doing every thing right, people who have respect for the law and can abide by the rules, yet those who show no regards for the law are going to be rewarded? What message does this send?

--airspoon

Confucius

He who exercises government by means of his virtue may be compared to the north polar star, which keeps its place and all the stars turn towards it.

Preside over them with dignity and they will be serious. Be filial and kind and they will be loyal. Promote the good, instruct the unskilled, and they will be enthusiastic.

When a country has the Way, it is a disgrace to be poor and lowly there. When a country lacks the Way, it is a disgrace to be rich and noble there.

If they are directed by government policy and made orderly by punishment, the people will try to get off scot free and feel no shame about it. If they are guided by charisma and unified by courtesy, they will be conscientious and upright of character.

Airspoon?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
This is a tricky situation. MY family can be traced back to Austria, kinda. MY mom came here around 1952, when she was 4 or 5, then left in an orphange, later adopted. SHe was all american though!!! She completely was americanized.. she still knew some german. BUt she dosnt know who her real father and mother were. Ima ll american and would die for freedom

The ting is, illegals today, usualy latinos, use our system to burden us. They have fake/false social security numbers, ( i work in retail management) but dont know how it works* some have told me they are here illegaly, trying to marry some gringo for residency. thats all they care about. They go to hospitols and many jsut skimp out and not paying the tab, leaving US with the burden. they bring new crimes, gangs as well.
On another note though, look at for example, the salem withc trials fo the day. those were white europeans basically, so paranoid snitchiong on eachother simply over a black cat in a window.that meant yuo were gunna burn at the steak for god* or how white hhave treated african americans through the decades...they were from africa and put into slavery. throughout the 50's 60's racial riots, being kept of a salary selfishly simply because they were not white...
so thats another way to look at immigration too* george carlin said it best...
'boy,t he world learned quickly didnt it, when those blue eyes sailed from the north. nail it down,ls trap it down so they cant take it. if they cant take it, theyll burn it, if they cant burn it, theyll F**** it"
aint it the truth* let us not forget too, about the true owners of this land..the indians* and what ahppened to them, general custard, the trail of tears.
of couse this is all past tense* and tha kinda paranois really isnt around as much anymore* hell the reason my mom thinks was sent here, was becasue as a kid, she remember hearing air raid sirens, prior to being sent on the boat to ellis island. their was always a fear, the germans might re organize and re conquer* so she said. and those are white people srewing over other white people!
IN todays world, being taxpayers, we want to keep what we have and grow* ilelgals come in, and burden us with taxes, use welfare if possible.
so things to think abuot from my point of view in terms of immigration. i dont thnk we should grant amnesty. it will only screw US, the taxpayers over job wise. illegals got away with not paying taxes thier time here. if they can do it, why should they get a pat on the back ya know? i do it once i get 10 years in prison or thousands of $$ in fines. illegas do it, they get 'promoted' i say lock the boarders down obama..take care of this nations exhaustted citizens first* establish job and markets for more competition, therfore creating jobs* then worry about immigration*

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
US border security is such a joke that if the US had any real credible enemy out there by now they would of had 100 jump the border and blow things to kingdom come from sea to shining sea your only enemies are ones blown out of all proportion to justify wars for the securing of resources and trade routes.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
It makes on wonder, what tier game is and what thier up too, obama and congress* remember liek 2 years ago, thier was shooting going on between mexico and arizona boarder guards? the arizona border guards were asking our governemnt for help! and they were neglected* remember that?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

General Custard? Really?

I very much dislike it when people with similar views to my own - such as yourself - do not take the time to clean up their posts. Spelling, grammar, capitilization, paragraphs, sentence structure, and not confusing historical figures with dessert dishes are all important aspects of that. When the person making an argument does not take the time to appear intelligent, it makes the argument itself look unintelligent. I'm not insulting you, I'm just giving you some advice.

Originally posted by antonia
You really think there is going to be an amnesty right now? I'm betting that will wait until at least after the 2012 elections. There is no way in hell he can get reelected if he grants amnesty.

Wrong. If he grants amnesty, he is giving voting power to millions of people who used to be illegal immigrants. In essence, he will be buying an estimated 25 million votes in one shot. In addition, a lot of those votes are in red states. Don't forget, we have a wonderful *snort* electoral college system in place. With the exception of California, the states where most of these illegals live are currently traditionally conservative states for now. Inject 25 million Democrats into their population, and there could be a massive tilt in the power balance. Remember: Whichever party wins a state gets ALL of that state's electoral votes.

Amnesty would make the Democrats a nearly unstoppable unbalanced force. That is not good news for the current, legal citizenry no matter which side of the aisle they support.

new topics

top topics

join