It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have a plan for when it all goes to hell?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Just what the topic says, Do you have a plan for when it all goes to hell?

Have you thought about what is going to happen, who and what your obsticles are going to be, what things you will need, or most importantly where are you going to go, or do you even have a realistic place to go. Can you get there realisticly, do you have what you need to get there, when you get there do you have the ability to survive and the willingness to do what may be needed to survive at all, have you thought of the way to this place, if you dont live there already.You have to avoid the citys, but also choke points and major highways, have you considered where the military might be at that time, what the police will be doing when putting your plan togather, will it be further then one tank of gas while avoiding population centers.Do You Have The Ammunition needed to get to where you need, can you scavange it, is your weapon a redaly availible caliber, and durible enough, do you have a vehicle capable of driving off the roads like might be needed.
I know this is a rambling discord, but i also think we are in a time that these things need to be thought of for each Liberty Loving Citizen to protect themselves and those they love, and yes i have thought of all these things, and am ready as one can be i guess, ofcourse i dont want this plan of mine to go into effect, but if i have to go, i can, Can you?

[edit on 2-7-2010 by 1947flxible]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
No...because the so called when it all goes to hell scenario that some people here have been saying is coming and even predicted many times over; just has not happened. Not to mention...even if it does happen..preparing is doing nothing more than delaying the inevitable anyway.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
If I survive the initial destruction of the 'event' I am going up to my local Aston Martin garage to pick up the latest DB9, then Im going to pick up any surviving mates and load up with our guns and ammunition then drive round pillaging and squandering.

Might aswell make use of the lawlessness that im sure will follow...!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This is an interesting topic.

here is a good start www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

On one had there is no point in planning because most people are so far removed from humanity that there is no point in trying to continue the race. (e.g. - iPhone 4 is more important than the workers at Fox Conn that killed themselves making them)

On the other hand it would be great to live free despite how inconvenient life will be without power and the technology that ruined this planet.

From a planning perspective you must integrate knowledge of survival and assume that you'll be fleeing the city on the first day. Days 2-3 every city will be void of all consumable materials and people will turn to levels or barbarism only seen after the biblical flood/deluge.

Have a good water filter.
Learn what you can eat in your region.
Learn to make fire.
Understand that you will mentally detox for 7 days and will have breaks at 30 120 etc.
Learn to use a bow. Have a good bow and a dozen arrows.
learn to use a katana. Buy one.
Save your bullets. Most bullets will be wasted in the first 30 days on the zombies that didn't think about this day.
Preserve whatever knowledge you think humanity will need to continue.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
We are very well prepared for just about anything.. the shelter is locked and stocked and not easily located by anyone that has no business there... plenty of food, water, medical is covered, and just about anything else that we could put in it to care for all of us in the group for a very long time... so when the innevitable does indeed happen (and it will)... we are going to ride it out, and wait to see how many of the candy butts and laughable scoffers made it out alive....

personally the less that make it... the better off those that actually did sommething to prepare for the worst will indeed be...

Not just for an economic disaster, but mother nature has a tendancy of shaking fools apart real fast... sure there are those that laugh at the millions of folks that are smart enough to realize the gooberment cannot and in all likelyhood not do much for you... those folks we toerate, but when it all falls.... we can laugh at you and run your butts off... because you are no longer an assett... but an ugly liability...

new topics

top topics

join