It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific evidence of poltergeist knocking?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Scientific evidence of poltergeist knocking?

Dr Colvin has analysed recordings of alleged poltergeist knocking obtained from around the world over a 40-year period. The earliest was a recording made by a local physician at Sauchie (Scotland) in 1960 and the most recent was obtained from a poltergeist case at Euston Square, London in 2000. Whilst the two types of rap sound rather similar, they are actually acoustically different, although the effect is only made apparent when the recordings of raps are submitted to detailed analysis.

www.spr.ac.uk...

Interesting, there is still more research to be done on this but I thought you guys might want to take a look at it. What do you think? Found it on disclose.tv

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Ahh someone did find this article. I am surprised that no one has replied to this
Interesting to say the least. Different acoustic properties? Neat scientific analysis of a paranormal event.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Well this is spooky

"The question arises as to how such a sound is generated. There is evidence which points to the sound arising from within the structure of a material rather than from the surface of it, as would be the case with a normally-produced rapping sound. This phenomenon will be examined further in future investigations of poltergeist activity."

I have an old desk in my bedroom that has a nasty habit of "rapping" just as I'm falling off to sleep......and you know, the sound does seem to be coming from *inside* the desk.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
The sounds is known as Rapping: a series of either loud bangs-always continuous. or wall or ceiling tapping's.

I know because the house I live in for the past 3 yrs. has been going through similar things.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com... (BANG)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   
The sample involved 10 separate recordings recorded on different recording apparatus.

In each of the recordings, when subjected to acoustic analysis, a particular sound pattern is detected which so far remains unexplained. Attempts to replicate this pattern in ordinary ways have so far been unsuccessful.

Among the samples submitted for analysis were recordings made in the famous Enfield poltergeist case in north London during 1977-79.

Interesting indeed.

Finally some solid, measurable, repeatable scientific analysis which at least supports a paranormal origin for ghost rapping.

Not only that but it seems the knockings in the Enfield case are similarly inexplicable, suggesting it may well have been genuinely paranormal (I had always had that one down as a hoax).

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
It seems a manipulation of broadband background frequencies that "what ever it is" can modulate.
Further evidence of why devices like SB7 and SB11 produce results. Very interesting. Love it when an old thread gets a bump like this. I wish science would look at more of the phenomena, especially with the analytical tools we have today.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
What a cool thread to resurrect - I hope it gets more responses this time around.

This is an interesting study, and could lend credibility to knocking sounds being legit (or at least not made intentionally by people knocking on objects).

I have a question for anyone with a better scientific understanding of sound than me... the article theorized that the knocking sounds came from inside an object rather than outside. I can see how one would think the sound would come from outside of a person or object were striking something to make the sound... but what about when floorboards creak on their own? This and other "house settling noises" that are common and not supernatural in origin - what sound pattern would they have? Internal source or external source of knocking?

Anyone have insights? Thanks!!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Really interesting.
The sound signatures between the raps are very different..." in the details of their sound envelope."

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I think this is a question better left for when we're dead. Playing around with the stuff can put one in danger.

new topics

top topics

join