It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video shows UFO taking off during documentary.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by k3rm1t

Notice the earth also moves and changes orientation. That was a speck of something in front of the window, and upon firing the retro rockets to adjust the attitude of the craft, it gave the appearance of moving. Watch closely and you'll see the earth move slightly and change angles at exactly the time the speck moves.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by k3rm1t

Swamp gas, space debris, the moon, parallax, satellites,stars,planets,sun,venus, saturn, reflected light, water ice crystals, erm....have I left anything out?

Seriously though check out the videos below only a few minutes of your time and if you have time STS114 can it be debunked?

This is a thread that I made a while back now in regards to the same movements, whilst it has the same old talk as this one it has some interesting points from some very intelligent members, sadly no longer with us.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi
A piece of space debris.
Prove me wrong.

It's useless comments like this that really put me off bothering to take here seriously at all.

No rhyme or reason, just a throw away remark followed by an arrogant and equally useless comment.

The cliques, the wannabe hot shots and the pointless all fighting for false position upon a pile based on unknowns. I don't know why people bother sitting down and composing detailed replies, most are ignored regardless of good content simply because it's not a group 'name' posting them and we can't upset their followers now can we and the rest just skip to the last post and totally ignore all the posted content.

Either way it's pretty sad...

Dunno why I'm bothering, no one will read it...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Its an ET craft, prove ME wrong!!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnyc55
That has to be an E.T. craft what else can be for gods sake! I know alot about aviation and that video dont illustrate what man can currently do.

Hey, that's good enough for me. But... wait a minute.

Even if it wasn't just a speck of ice or some other thing, and we could see it was a saucer or some other exotic shape, do you really know everything the government is working on, even in secret? Excuse me if I find that difficult to believe.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by k3rm1t
reply to post by micpsi

Again i thought of that since the object is to far away to get a good look but look at the angle it moves now can space debris do this?.
Thanks for reply

You dont know how far away its is because you dont know the size of the object

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Karilla

Well we dont know the size of the object the distance the speed or the focal length of the camera lens.

What we do know

You get debris round the shuttle.

Every time one of these things is shown it has to be MOG from ZOG.

The ufo believers all seem to be able to tell the size and speed and even how fast it accelerates ALTHOUGH they have nothing to reference with to work these things out

Then on one thread were we could PROVE they were out of foucus objects NEAR the shuttle due to the properties of a lens(depth of field etc) you can still not convince the UFO believers EVEN if they are shown HOW its worked out

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by pazcat

I tend to agree with you after watching it a few more times, debris close to the camera?

jonnyc55: Mach 10? How did you deduce it's speed?

Yes I was thinking it may actually be close and not far. If it's close, it can be subjected to the forces of maneuvering thrusters firing. There's another video of a particle suddenly accelerating in a manner not unlike this and in the other video, it's more clear that it's the result of a maneuvering thruster, because we can actually see a flash from the thruster when the particle accelerates. But just because we can't see a thruster firing here doesn't mean it didn't happen.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I really like this one. Say what you will but I for once believe this is a real UFO.

I can see the case for screen movement, space junk, debris, ice crystals, all of it but in my opinion that does not explain the abrupt movement in the way it is shown in the video.

Thanks for sharing this one. Ive been bummed out about all the crappy bird and insect videos that have been posted lately.

I have a feeling this one will never be satisfactorily identified by any of us.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I have come to the conclusion that this is an E.T. space craft. The camera moves after it notices the movement. Maybe the ET craft was in fear of being under surveillance by the National Geographic camera men.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
You dont know how far away its is because you dont know the size of the object

Excellent observation. We can't know very much for sure, except that it is definitely not given the illusion movement thanks to the camera movement.

It is either a small object close enough to the spacecraft from which the filming was conducted to be affected by the thrusters, or it is a large object travelling extremely quickly at a greater distance, which means it is moving under some kind of control.

My problem with the thruster argument is the length of the film. The movement of the camera is just that, not a movement of the spacecraft the camera is in. A change in attitude caused by a firing of a thruster would take longer than that to become noticeable. So there is no evidence of a thruster firing. And I fail to see how a thruster firing could cause a piece of debris to move in that direction.

Personally (and I am not a UFO nut, I regularly pick apart fake vids - as can be seen from my posting history) I'm leaning toward the second possibility.

As of now, though, what we have here is definitely an unidentified flying object. Maybe a piece of debris, maybe something else. Definitely unidentified.

The rest is just speculation now.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Regardless if the camera moves or not, It rises, then takes off. If you learned to use the pause and play button on the video you will see it is moving vertically, gets brighter then it was, then moves horizontally. I say it's a UFO because everyone here keeps saying "It may be Ice crystals" or "It may be space junk". It "May be" meaning you have no idea right? So having no idea what it is leaves it as a UFO.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by SneakAPeek]

[edit on 2-7-2010 by SneakAPeek]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
doesn't seem that the angle of the tilt of the camera matches the angle of the change in direction of the object. Also, the thruster explanation seems to make some sense. If it is close and you hit a thruster to adjust your ship angle then it could push the object. good catch, at least it might keep the question alive. Thanks op

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by GW8UK
Chadwickus, Nice try but thats not enough for me.

Space debris doesnt 'Pulsate'

Neither does it move at over 100,000 miles an hour.

Thats a light ship and its over 2 miles in diameter!

Crikey I'd hate to see a heavy ship then!!

Must be hugggeee!!!

Ive lolled so hard at everyones replies to that

haha
Chadwickus was a bit serious though

Kind regards
Maybe... Maybe not....

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It could be a piece of debris close to the camera lens and agitated when the camera moves...but the motion of the object isn't an illusion produced by the movement of the camera...I could get screenshots right now that clearly show it moves a good distance away from Earth just in that short clip...and it's also moving faster than the actual camera is pivoting...and for every action there is an equal and opposite action...that means the small piece of debris might have been agitated, but it wouldn't move in the opposite direction faster than the camera is moving would it? It's an extraterrestrial craft IMO. The intelligence is clear.

EDIT:

Kind regards
Maybe... Maybe not...
Why are you making so many accounts, what's the go with that?

[edit on 2/7/10 by CHA0S]

[edit on 2/7/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
It looks as if it is stationary and the camera was what changed direction.
You can even see the whole Earth move as the boosters were fired.

What he said! You can tell that the satelite that was taking the video is what moved, not the "UFO" or what people grounded in reality like to call space junk.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

UFO Vs The Computer?
or Debris being propelled away?

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Franspeakfree.....

Your STS114 thread is a GREAT thread!

Off topic slightly.....

I believe one of the issues that pushes the "spacecraft" angle in your STS114 video is the manner in which the predominantly viewed videoi is sped up many times over.

When you look at it in normal speed, the explanations regarding relative trajectories, angular momentum, etc...become easier to understand.

Back on topic.....

I'm now sure k3rm1t's video shows debris.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Mclaneinc.....

Dunno why I'm bothering, no one will read it...

You keep posting mate.....

.....& I'll keep reading!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by noisemedia
I really like this one. Say what you will but I for once believe this is a real UFO.....

.....I have a feeling this one will never be satisfactorily identified by any of us.

Noisemedia.....

I have a feeling this one will never be satisfactorily identified by any of us.

"I have a feeling this one" has already been "satisfactorily identified by" many "of us"!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join