It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Video shows UFO taking off during documentary.

page: 2
14
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeta Reticulan
 

Why would an ice crystal go upwards, stop then take off into another direction at a totally different speed?

You can ignore the point about it going another direction if you beleive in the camera motion, but still my point remains. Why would an ice crystal rise upwards and then stop abruptly in space.



[edit on 2-7-2010 by jonnyc55]




posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
To me it looks like a piece of space debris, only it's closer than the Earth, which explains why it moves faster and at a seemingly longer distance than when the Earth moves, after the boosters are fired.

--airspoon

[edit on 2-7-2010 by airspoon]



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon
 

Yes exactly space debris... Space debris carries on through space at the same velocity and speed at which it was launched from. If you look, it stops.



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by pazcat
 


I tend to agree with you after watching it a few more times, debris close to the camera?

jonnyc55: Mach 10? How did you deduce it's speed?


Chadwickus.....

I agree with you & pazcat.

It's debris close to the camera.


Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not
 

Again, debris close to camera or not, why does it rise upwards and stop like that?



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnyc55
 


I saw it on a documentary ...

there are a lot of people who don't agree with it.

Source

I believe it was James Oberg from nasa who made the claim







[edit on 2-7-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
If this is space debris, please explain the physics of space debris moving in this way. the optics, the deceleration, acceleration, vector change etc.

If this is ice crystal, similar.

Looking at the video, the camera does not move or zoom in any way that could account for the deceleration, acceleration and change of direction of the object. Also if you watch the object it moves in relation to the relative position of the earth below, much more so than the camera moves.

I like to think I am not too gullible, but also do not think I am so cynical I am blind to the obvious.

Please, if you propse an argument for or against this being a ufo or debris, please explain your physics and logical reasoning. thank you.



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by 21st century man
 

Couldn't of put it better myself.

Was thinking on the same lines but couldn't illustrate my thoughts in words hehe.



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnyc55
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not
 

Again, debris close to camera or not, why does it rise upwards and stop like that?


Jonnyc55.....

The "rise upwards" does confound the issue a little.

I'm pondering as follows.....

If it's debris, could the debris be moving closer to the camera, thereby making it appear to move upward?

If it's a camera reflection, then based on a number of videos I've watched wherein image stabilisation has been used, I know some bizarre effects can occur.

For example, a little while ago I established a thread discussing the ”Concord UFO” because I’d wondered about it for years.

The Concord UFO Video

It turns out it was a lens reflection combined with image stabilization technology.



I’m wondering if something like that could be going on here……


Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not


[edit on 2-7-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by 21st century man
If this is space debris, please explain the physics of space debris moving in this way. the optics, the deceleration, acceleration, vector change etc.

If this is ice crystal, similar.

Looking at the video, the camera does not move or zoom in any way that could account for the deceleration, acceleration and change of direction of the object. Also if you watch the object it moves in relation to the relative position of the earth below, much more so than the camera moves.

I like to think I am not too gullible, but also do not think I am so cynical I am blind to the obvious.

Please, if you propse an argument for or against this being a ufo or debris, please explain your physics and logical reasoning. thank you.


If it is space debris or ice, it doesn't move, it is stationary. You can get a point of reference by looking at the right lower corner. You can clearly see the the black area (I think its the hull) move in exactly the same direction at exactly the same moment.



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Hmm yes its possible. But how about when it stops abruptly.



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Let's try to explain this a bit clearer...

The debris is on an upward trajectory, relative to the camera view.

As the above poster mentioned, part of the space craft is in the camera view (bottom right).

While watching the object, keep that part of the ship in view as well.

When the camera moves to the left, they both move at the same time at the same rate and virtually the same direction, there is still the upward movement of the debris.

It is debris, close to the craft.

Case closed.

[edit on 2/7/10 by Chadwickus]



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnyc55
Hmm yes its possible. But how about when it stops abruptly.


"You talkin' to me?"



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus
 


Thanks for that I am now convinced this is debris.



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus
 


Yup.....

That makes sense.

That's good, clear thinking!


Cheers
Maybe...maybe not



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
It stops before the camera moves...

Slow motion of this video could show this.



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Chadwickus, Nice try but thats not enough for me.

Space debris doesnt 'Pulsate'

Neither does it move at over 100,000 miles an hour.

Thats a light ship and its over 2 miles in diameter!



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by GW8UK
Chadwickus, Nice try but thats not enough for me.
Space debris doesnt 'Pulsate'
Neither does it move at over 100,000 miles an hour.
Thats a light ship and its over 2 miles in diameter!


GW8UK.....



Space debris doesnt 'Pulsate'


When the debris rotates, the differing reflectivity of the surfaces causes the "pulsating" effect.

That is well known.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by GW8UK
 




Neither does it move at over 100,000 miles an hour.


And with what calculations did you deduce this figure?

It's really, really simple, high school simple in fact.

The object is close, therefore it appears to move faster than the objects in the background.

It's called PERSPECTIVE.



posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus
 


Chadwickus.....



Thats a light ship and its over 2 miles in diameter!


Maybe it's Zaiger's lightship!


Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not



new topics

top topics



 
14
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join