It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

238 presidential scholars: Bush worst president of modern era, fifth worst in US history

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
When someone takes an opinion poll, slaps the label "expert" on the participants, calls it science, and you believe them, there is a problem.

The fact that both FDR and Wilson are in the top 10 shows unequivocally the political agenda of the "experts". This is nothing but a leftist let's-make-a-playground-list-and-sniff-each-other's-farts-while-we're-at-it list.

Does that sparkle with everyone? Sunshine!

[Note: I am not a Bush supporter. Please see my next post.]

[edit on 2-7-2010 by NewlyAwakened]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

Are you suggesting that Bush wasn't left? Bush was more left than most others on the false let-right paradigm. Lets see, Bush grew government more than any other president in modern history. Bush also spent money like a drunken sailor. I fail to see how anyone can say that Bush was conservative, other than the neo-cons pretending that he was. Then again, that's what's wrong with the false left-right paradigm. Since Bush sided with the "religious right", people seem to think he was right, yet his actions suggested otherwise.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Yeah, Bush probably is one of the worst... SO FAR! Obama ain't done yet and he is well on his way of taking the crown on the absolute worst ever!
I'm sure Jimmy Carter is watching anxiously as Obama is likely to erase the horrible memories left by his administration and replace them with new horrible memories. A little more than two years left for him to continue to solidify that legacy.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon

Are you suggesting that Bush wasn't left? Bush was more left than most others on the false let-right paradigm. Lets see, Bush grew government more than any other president in modern history. Bush also spent money like a drunken sailor. I fail to see how anyone can say that Bush was conservative, other than the neo-cons pretending that he was. Then again, that's what's wrong with the false left-right paradigm. Since Bush sided with the "religious right", people seem to think he was right, yet his actions suggested otherwise.

--airspoon

Hmm, you misunderstand me. This could be my fault; the thread was in fact about Bush and I went attacking the "study", which could reasonably imply I'm a Bush supporter.

Let me set the record straight. I'm not.

Actually, I'd call Bush the worst president except Obama. Obama is the worst. I say that because Obama has not even lifted one finger to try to reverse anything Bush did, the PATRIOT act, wiretapping, the war, the bailouts, etc. Then Obama added his own stuff on top of that. Thus Obama = Bush + Extra Suck.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
All it took was seeing FDR at the top of the list, if we leave out the fact they ranked a sitting POTUS, to know this belongs in the trash heap.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by mhc_70]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Ok, thanks for that - it does put a different slant on things. Thing is, what happened?

I know there's a plethora of rumours about his substance and alcohol abuse...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I don't disagree that Bush was a lump of crap, but what I don't get is how Obama, who has been the epitome of ineffectiveness somehow outranks Reagan, I mean really??? Really??? I just don't understand that.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
I don't disagree that Bush was a lump of crap, but what I don't get is how Obama, who has been the epitome of ineffectiveness somehow outranks Reagan, I mean really??? Really??? I just don't understand that.

My explanation explains it.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened

The fact that both FDR and Wilson are in the top 10 shows unequivocally the political agenda of the "experts". This is nothing but a leftist let's-make-a-playground-list-and-sniff-each-other's-farts-while-we're-at-it list.

You know what they say, reality has a liberal bias. The fact remains that since Theodore Roosevelt, Republican presidents have been for the most part simply tools of the corporations and the wealthy. Fighting for the rights of the most privileged while taking away from the meek.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Hmm, you misunderstand me. This could be my fault; the thread was in fact about Bush and I went attacking the "study", which could reasonably imply I'm a Bush supporter.

Let me set the record straight. I'm not.

Actually, I'd call Bush the worst president except Obama. Obama is the worst. I say that because Obama has not even lifted one finger to try to reverse anything Bush did, the PATRIOT act, wiretapping, the war, the bailouts, etc. Then Obama added his own stuff on top of that. Thus Obama = Bush + Extra Suck.

I gave you a star for that necause this is exactly how I feel and I don't run across that same understanding often.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Were these same scholars involved in any way for nominating & awarding Obama with the Noble Peace prize just a few months into his presidency?

What a bunch a' yokels...

[edit on 2-7-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

He can't be the worst in modern history, as Obama, Clinton and Carter are still alive. He is, however, the worst republican president in history.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The presidential scholars are right.

I think people don't realize or fully appreciate the lasting affects of the Bush Administration that continued AFTER he left office.

Most people want to blame Obama, but in reality Bush and his group really set us back tremendously, and red this country far into the RED and expanded the government (most intrusively) despite claiming to be fiscal conservatives and anti-big government.

That's not even mentioning the high cost of those erroneous wars on so many levels.

It's fine to say Obama hasn't done anything, but what Bush DID do screwed the American people for a long time coming.

Obama just picked up where Bush left off in manning the fires that were already burning.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
Most people want to blame Obama, but in reality Bush and his group really set us back tremendously, and red this country far into the RED and expanded the government (most intrusively) despite claiming to be fiscal conservatives and anti-big government.

If Bush set us back (by your logic), what does it mean that the Obama debt is almost 4 times higher?

By the way, Bush is not a conservative, he is a neo-con. Neo-cons are big government right-wingers.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I'm going to have to go with Dick Cheney being the worst president of all time since he was pretty much running the quaggmire.

2nd line

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutone

Originally posted by lee anoma

If Bush set us back (by your logic), what does it mean that the Obama debt is almost 4 times higher?

By the way, Bush is not a conservative, he is a neo-con. Neo-cons are big government right-wingers.

I'm certainly not trying to take up for Obama here, especially since I don't like them both the same, but Obama didn't put us into more debt than Bush, even though the neo-cons were trying to suggest it. You see, the first year that Obama was in office, when our debt took the sharp turn, that was actually Bush's debt approved for the following year which happened to overlap Obama's first year in office. The fiscal year is different from the calendar year and it was Bush who approved the fiscal year budget that went almost a year into Obama's term, thereby making it appear that our debt sky-rocketed when Obama took office.

Lets deny ignorance, not propagate it. The neo-cons were passing charts to suggest that the debt went up because of Obama, since the chart correlated with Obama getting into office. They weren't counting on people thinking for themselves to realize that this was Bush's animal and for the most part it worked, seeing how people are still citing that non-sense. If people would think for themselves instead of letting pundits do the thinking for them, they would have easily seen this. However, if people actually thought for themselves, then the whole false left-right paradigm probably wouldn't exist and certainly the neo-conservative wouldn't have legs to stand on.

Now having said that, Obama sure hasn't done anything to help either but that still doesn't change the fact that Bush bankrupted this country and his neo-con buddies successfully manipulated people into thinking that Bush's deeds were actually the deeds of Obama. It amazes me how successful political manipulation is, when it is so obvious.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I cannot believe with the s#$% this country is in now with the most incompetent leadership in modern history you guys are analyzing a hack job report of an average at best foolhardy at worst president. I have never seen the absolute lack of decisveness or any qualified judgement in an executive or legislative branch from either party in my entire life like what is on display now. There wont be anything left in a decade because of this abortion of a president and all ATS can say is,

"Hurp Derp Bush Cheney".

Pathetic.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
there sure are alot of scholars here on ats this thread is proof of that.

bush has been out of office for 2 freaking years- you people need to get over yourselves.

Do some real research about past presidents instead of what your spoon fed at liberal schools and universities or here on ats.

this thread is a joke... no offense. but seriously there are more important things to be discussing on ats that this crap.

just my opinion your free to roll your eyes and dismiss and continue with the status quo:p

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well that's great, if you disagree with something, slap a label on it, and dismiss it as crap. What a great way to deny ignorance, perhaps you should take your own advice and get over yourself instead of coming here with a "holier than thou" attitude.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

That article is based on each president's official story. Someone could start a thread that looks at the truth about who was the worst. Here's some examples:
Nixon. That's all I need to say for this one, right?
Bush the first was the head of the CIA whose Daddy collaborated with the enemy during wartime and held many financial conflicts of interest towards the policies he created.
Reagan was an actor. Seriously an actor working for Bush sr. An actual talking head/ puppet.
Clinton, apart from the convincing allegations that he was under some kind of MK ultra conditioning (see Larry King Interview and/or pre-shots of a presidential address where he seems to be in a trance), was good friends with his political opponents off camera.
Bush Jr., a family legacy president, is it like getting into a frat or something? It sure didn't look like he won the popular vote. Is this supposed to be democracy?

I'm not even sure what order to put these guys in never mind the rest...

Edit to add: on second thought, I nominate Bush the 1st as #1 worst

[edit on 07/17/2009 by Mumbotron]

<< 1    3 >>

join